The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Just back from a quick 2 night stay (10/18-10/20). We were in the Frontier Tower, Sixth Floor. Our room had 2 queens and a daybed and we overlooked the pool area.

My 2 year old DD adored the music and lights on the headboard. She thought it was the best thing that we allowed her to control it. I had intended her to sleep in the daybed but she would not stay put, so into the Pack and Play she went.

One thing I noticed is that my toiletries did not have the Mickey ears on them. :confused3 I was a little disappointed about that, but not enough to diminish my excitement at staying on property for the first time.

Thanks Jessica - if you have any photos you'd like to share, please feel free to post them or send 'em my way! As far as I know, the hotels are all using H20 products now. I don't know whether the DLH will bring back the mickey "ear" toiletries, but it doesn't look that way...

I so hope the pool construction is done by the 1st of December. Is the pool the last thing to be finished off or is there other construction going on?

Hi jacs, when we were there last month it looked like there was still construction going on in 3 places: the last pool area, the lobby of the Fantasy tower (which is where they have hotel registration) and the lawn area west of the monorail pool. From what I've heard, most of the construction walls around the pool are now DOWN, so you can see the construction work underway...

Has anybody heard any news on the laundry facilities yet?

Haven't heard anything!!

Sorry if I am repeating. I read somewhere that there is preferred access entrance on the monorail for resort guests.

Can anyone fill me in on that.

Sorry if I am repeating. I read somewhere that there is preferred access entrance on the monorail for resort guests.

Can anyone fill me in on that.

They used to, but it was discontinued and as far as I know, they never reinstated it. It was on the return to the hotel--there was a special line for hotel guests.

Just got back from our stay on Sunday night. Great room with a view of the fireworks. We loved standing in the room and watching. We were on the early shift of getting in at 7am so didn't stay at the parks late.

We also enjoyed seeing all the characters that appeared and spent a lot of time with you right in the lobby.

I am sure it is missing something with the front, lobby and pool not completed but for our first onsite stay we really felt the magic.

We are going for the first time Nov 6th-10th. We've booked off-site due to cost, but would LOVE to stay on property. Since its getting close and the DLH is under construction, does anyone know of last minute deals to be had? Thanks!!

I am at DLH right now and I can honestly say I am totally disappointed.

First, the Disneyland Express dropped me off last after the grand round of hotels, even after driving right by the hotel. I asked why and the driver told me that since we had to let off in the parking lot then DLH guests would be last. :scared1: I was left in the first parking lot with 11 bags and a two year old.(My husband and other children were delayed on the plane - not the luggage) No one was around to help me with the bags. I asked every uniformed person (gray line employees) for help and everyone kept saying someone would come with a golf cart. About 15 mins later a CM came with a push cart.

Second, the lobby area is a complete mess. This really upsets me because I called the hotel directly on the cancellation date and the operator stated that the blue walls in front of the lobby entrance were gone. So very not true. There is no lobby entrance. It is just blue walls, tarps, and barriers and tape lines directing you where to go.

I am not a hotel snob - but I believe the first impression of the hotel is worth about half of the night's fee. I feel so cheated out of my money right now. I could have stayed in the ditch and had a better welcome. :sad2:

Also - we are suprising the kids with their first cruise on the Disney Wonder on Sun. Part of the surprise is a limo that is going to take us to the pier. Now instead of beautiful once in a lifetime pictures of something that is so important to us - we are going to get pictures of the limo in a parking lot with blue contruction walls, dirt, and black tarps. I am so not happy at this moment.

Look, when I made the reservation I knew about the pool remodel - I was okay with that. However, I would have cancelled in 2 secs had I known that half of the resort would be demolished. Epecially the front of the hotel with my plans.

Now for the rooms - We got a Downtown Disney view in the Adventure tower. The view is nice, the room is beautiful. Very big - probably one of the biggest standard hotel rooms I have ever been in. No complants about the room except for the bathroom.

The shower has no water pressure. My husband decribes it as chinese water torture. It really feels like you are standing in a light rainstorm. We called guest services about it. Supposedly someone came to "look" at it - but nothing changed. I will call again today.

The other thing that has annoyed me is the elevator. The main elevator in the Adventure building was not working correctly yesterday. I called front desk but no signs saying the elevator was out of order were placed - so people kept waiting for it all day. The other set of elevators had conference signs blocking the up/down buttons. It is not very easy to maneuver around the sign to hit the button with a 2 yo in you arms. I also informed the CM about that situation. By the end of the day, I resolved it by moving the signs. By the next afternoon it was working again.

It is also a very long walk from the parks to this hotel. I really think HoJo's is closer. The monorail is great but if you rented a stroller you still have to go to the front, leave the park to get it and be admitted once again. A huge pain and poor design. There is always a CM there- why not leave a few extra strollers there and let people who have a reciept pick one up? (We did not bring our stroller because we are going on a cruise and did not want to take it to our cabin.)

When the construction is finished, this hotel will be great. Until then, it is a bad vacation investment.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! We will be there in 30 days for a surprise trip. I hope it is in better condition then. I am more concerned about you bad experience on DL Express. We are taking DLE from LAX and I don't want to use anything else because the DL design on the bus is the first time the surprise will be revealed.

When the construction is finished, this hotel will be great. Until then, it is a bad vacation investment.

I agree. You pay so much to stay on property, and it is impossible to get your money's worth staying with the hotel in that condition.

I am the biggest Disneyland Hotel fan--we choose to stay there over the Grand Californian for many reasons. We like the high tower views and extra space the rooms give for a family of 5. The Grand doesn't work as well for a family of 5, because the only rooms that have a daybed are "standard" rooms with views of the car park area.

We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel 3 times the construction started, and while I LOVE the new rooms, I hate the mess of the construction. Our last trip was the final straw, and I made the choice not to stay there again until the construction is completed. Our last two stays at that hotel were in Dec. and April--and both trips we paid for "premium views". Both trips I called ahead and requested Adventure Tower with views to Downtown Disney (by the way, you were incredibly lucky to get that!). When arrived at the hotel, we were told we were placed in the furthest tower (used to be called Wonder) and faced the torn up pool. The lobby for this tower was under construction, so we had to walk all the way around the building through the back parking area to get into it. There was only one elevator running, and people lined up outside of the parking area to get on. It was ridiculous!

I did complain and asked why we seemed to never get the view we requested, and we were told that "no view is gauranteed, and we were *technically* given a premium view (high tower facing pool)". They did offer to move us the second night to a lower floor (4th) overlooking downtown disney, but for a two day trip and such a poor replacement, it hardly seemed worth it.

I keep hearing about people calling and being told that the blue construction walls are down and the pool is "almost complete"--but I would say don't believe it until someone posts a picture here. Our neighbors were there last weekend, and said the pool is still totally torn up and looks no where near completion.

Buyer beware until construction is over. Once it is done, I know I will feel the Disneyland Hotel love again.

Just got back from our stay on Sunday night. Great room with a view of the fireworks. We loved standing in the room and watching. We were on the early shift of getting in at 7am so didn't stay at the parks late.

We also enjoyed seeing all the characters that appeared and spent a lot of time with you right in the lobby.

I am sure it is missing something with the front, lobby and pool not completed but for our first onsite stay we really felt the magic.

Thanks PoohBearFriends! Would you mind writing a short review of your room and stay? I'm trying to add to the room review section of this thread.

Feel free to share any photos and your room number as well.

I am at DLH right now and I can honestly say I am totally disappointed.

First, the Disneyland Express dropped me off last after the grand round of hotels, even after driving right by the hotel. I asked why and the driver told me that since we had to let off in the parking lot then DLH guests would be last. :scared1: I was left in the first parking lot with 11 bags and a two year old.(My husband and other children were delayed on the plane - not the luggage) No one was around to help me with the bags. I asked every uniformed person (gray line employees) for help and everyone kept saying someone would come with a golf cart. About 15 mins later a CM came with a push cart.

Second, the lobby area is a complete mess. This really upsets me because I called the hotel directly on the cancellation date and the operator stated that the blue walls in front of the lobby entrance were gone. So very not true. There is no lobby entrance. It is just blue walls, tarps, and barriers and tape lines directing you where to go.

I am not a hotel snob - but I believe the first impression of the hotel is worth about half of the night's fee. I feel so cheated out of my money right now. I could have stayed in the ditch and had a better welcome. :sad2:

Also - we are suprising the kids with their first cruise on the Disney Wonder on Sun. Part of the surprise is a limo that is going to take us to the pier. Now instead of beautiful once in a lifetime pictures of something that is so important to us - we are going to get pictures of the limo in a parking lot with blue contruction walls, dirt, and black tarps. I am so not happy at this moment.

Look, when I made the reservation I knew about the pool remodel - I was okay with that. However, I would have cancelled in 2 secs had I known that half of the resort would be demolished. Epecially the front of the hotel with my plans.

Now for the rooms - We got a Downtown Disney view in the Adventure tower. The view is nice, the room is beautiful. Very big - probably one of the biggest standard hotel rooms I have ever been in. No complants about the room except for the bathroom.

The shower has no water pressure. My husband decribes it as chinese water torture. It really feels like you are standing in a light rainstorm. We called guest services about it. Supposedly someone came to "look" at it - but nothing changed. I will call again today.

The other thing that has annoyed me is the elevator. The main elevator in the Adventure building was not working correctly yesterday. I called front desk but no signs saying the elevator was out of order were placed - so people kept waiting for it all day. The other set of elevators had conference signs blocking the up/down buttons. It is not very easy to maneuver around the sign to hit the button with a 2 yo in you arms. I also informed the CM about that situation. By the end of the day, I resolved it by moving the signs. By the next afternoon it was working again.

It is also a very long walk from the parks to this hotel. I really think HoJo's is closer. The monorail is great but if you rented a stroller you still have to go to the front, leave the park to get it and be admitted once again. A huge pain and poor design. There is always a CM there- why not leave a few extra strollers there and let people who have a reciept pick one up? (We did not bring our stroller because we are going on a cruise and did not want to take it to our cabin.)

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. However, I think this is important info for others who are considering a stay. If you would like to write a room/trip review, I'll add it to the room review section.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience! We will be there in 30 days for a surprise trip. I hope it is in better condition then. I am more concerned about you bad experience on DL Express. We are taking DLE from LAX and I don't want to use anything else because the DL design on the bus is the first time the surprise will be revealed.

Hi Vince,

As with the others, I'd like to invite you to write a room review after your stay.

Also, I'm not at all familiar with the Disneyland Express, since we live in southern California. If anyone has experiences they'd like to share about it, I'd love to add it...

I love DLH too. Actually prefer it to GC. But for all the myriad of reasons listed on this long thread, I'm not staying there in Jan for the Tinkerbell Marathon.

We're at the GC and we put the kids (in their 20's) at PP. I can't wait til the DLH is done. I love the pictures of the rooms. Just the rooms isn't enough for me there though. I need the entire atmosphere from arrival to check in to lobby and grounds. That is so important there. It's what made me fall in love with the place. I'll wait.

We made the HUGE mistake of eating at Goofy's Kitchen during their remodel. We were led upstairs where they tried very hard to replicate the real deal, but it was pathetic. That's the word--pathetic. It was exactly like a conference hotel buffet. You wouldn't think it would be that bad because the characters, etc., but it was. It actually highlighted how sub-par the food is. You normally don't notice because of everything around you, the music, the set up. In this scenario though, it's very apparant.

I thought the remodels were set to be done by late November. Is this no longer the case? I really hope it's done for our December trip but if not I'll live with it. I'm just excited about the new room as that's what's most important to me.

I thought the remodels were set to be done by late November. Is this no longer the case? I really hope it's done for our December trip but if not I'll live with it. I'm just excited about the new room as that's what's most important to me.

OP. All the complaining about the construction will not be informative in the future, Don't link to those reviews that will soon be worthless.

The pool will be done this month, that has been confirmed and from the look of it, it should be easily done. The last big part of the new E ticket pool was completed this week. Only small details are left.

As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby, by my guess will be done in a month. I'm not sure how much or if they are doing any by the convention center.

Construction at the DLH peaked last june, it's been getting better ever since, and is nearing the end of a multi year project.

Just a quick update to those who have commented on this: I spoke last week with media relations reps for the Disneyland Resort who confirmed that the pool is slated to be finished during a nebulous "November 2011" timeframe.

No updates as to the timing of completion for the rest of the remodel. But considering the only spot left to finish remodeling is the lobby/check-in area, my guess is that they are hoping to finish that lickety-split, since the entry is guests' first impression. :scared1:

OP. All the complaining about the construction will not be informative in the future, Don't link to those reviews that will soon be worthless.

The pool will be done this month, that has been confirmed and from the look of it, it should be easily done. The last big part of the new E ticket pool was completed this week. Only small details are left.

As for the rest of the hotel, the lobby, by my guess will be done in a month. I'm not sure how much or if they are doing any by the convention center.

Construction at the DLH peaked last june, it's been getting better ever since, and is nearing the end of a multi year project.

Hmmm. I was just there a few weeks ago (we went to the Mickey Halloween Party on Oct. 14th) and the pool area didn't look almost complete to me. We stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel in order to avoid the construction at the Disneyland Hotel, and were very glad we did when we saw the state of the remodeling for ourselves. When is the last time you saw the Disneyland Hotel in person, Matt? I suppose it is possible that they did a lot of work in the last two weeks.

We will be staying at the Grand Californian in early December, just because again I don't want to risk having to deal with the construction walls and views. I keep hearing that the construction is *almost* done, but it honestly didn't look that way to me a few weeks ago.

Hmmm. I was just there a few weeks ago (we went to the Mickey Halloween Party on Oct. 14th) and the pool area didn't look almost complete to me. We stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel in order to avoid the construction at the Disneyland Hotel, and were very glad we did when we saw the state of the remodeling for ourselves. When is the last time you saw the Disneyland Hotel in person, Matt? I suppose it is possible that they did a lot of work in the last two weeks.

We will be staying at the Grand Californian in early December, just because again I don't want to risk having to deal with the construction walls and views. I keep hearing that the construction is *almost* done, but it honestly didn't look that way to me a few weeks ago.

Lisa, just wanted to say that I love your avatar! I loved, loved, loved Nancy Drew as a kid!

The Disneyland Hotel "E ticket" pool is now filled with water!!! So, they should be very close to opening up the whole area, which means no more blue construction walls. Photos of the pool with water can be viewed at Dateline Disneyland on MiceChat.com. Hopefully, the lobby will be completed this month too!!

The Disneyland Hotel "E ticket" pool is now filled with water!!! So, they should be very close to opening up the whole area, which means no more blue construction walls. Photos of the pool with water can be viewed at Dateline Disneyland on MiceChat.com. Hopefully, the lobby will be completed this month too!!

Yes I saw this too. Very promising. The new pool looks amazing and is definitely on the verge of completion. I'm so excited for my upcoming stay!:yay::yay::santa::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!