The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

OK, good to know. I'm hoping to maybe stay at DLH for our trip in October (we usually stay at one of the S Harbour hotels for proximity), and something like that might be fun. I guess we'll see when we get there. I really think my kids would get a kick out of the DLH, but they also do like the routine of Denny's in the morning so I would have to look for a comparable breakfast option on that side.

I wonder if the club upgrades are priced per person? Ours was really cheap ($59/nt), but we only had two people. Or supply and demand and they were slow in the club that week, so getting the extra $ was better than wasting the food...?

Wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a good place to put a pack n play in a standard room? I like to put it somewhere sort of away from where we will be sleeping, if possible, like a nook or corner.

Wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a good place to put a pack n play in a standard room? I like to put it somewhere sort of away from where we will be sleeping, if possible, like a nook or corner.

The standard room with two queens (Adventure Tower) we had also had a small chair in the corner so bed, bed, chair, window. The corner where the chair was would be out of the way. Of course I'm assuming all standard room layouts are the same.

A few years ago we had a standard room and put the pack and play (the one that came in the room) partially in the (open) closet and draped a blanket over it. So it was like a fort :) I think it was between the beds and the bathroom - so not REALLY out of the way but it was "separate" so our young one could settle and sleep. I'm pretty sure this was a standard room that slept 5 (not 4) FYI. But I'm assuming the closets are the same. This was a few years ago but I think I'm remembering this right.

The standard room with two queens (Adventure Tower) we had also had a small chair in the corner so bed, bed, chair, window. The corner where the chair was would be out of the way. Of course I'm assuming all standard room layouts are the same.
They're not all the same. Last year we had a room where the beds reached all the way to the window and there was no extra space on either side. If you get a room like that, the only place for a pack and play would be in front of the beds (in the walkway), unless the closet idea PP mentioned works. Or unless you could ask the front desk to temporarily remove some of the furniture next to the TV. I think your best bet would be to mention the pack and play at checkin and ask if they can make sure you're not placed in an especially small room. They were not able to move us (we had a wheelchair we wanted to keep out of the way because it was not needed in the room), but it was a busy weekend. I don't think these small rooms are the norm because people talk about DLH being more spacious than GCH, and this particular room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in.

A few years ago we had a standard room and put the pack and play (the one that came in the room) partially in the (open) closet and draped a blanket over it. So it was like a fort :) I think it was between the beds and the bathroom - so not REALLY out of the way but it was "separate" so our young one could settle and sleep. I'm pretty sure this was a standard room that slept 5 (not 4) FYI. But I'm assuming the closets are the same. This was a few years ago but I think I'm remembering this right.

I would love that!

They're not all the same. Last year we had a room where the beds reached all the way to the window and there was no extra space on either side. If you get a room like that, the only place for a pack and play would be in front of the beds (in the walkway), unless the closet idea PP mentioned works. Or unless you could ask the front desk to temporarily remove some of the furniture next to the TV. I think your best bet would be to mention the pack and play at checkin and ask if they can make sure you're not placed in an especially small room. They were not able to move us (we had a wheelchair we wanted to keep out of the way because it was not needed in the room), but it was a busy weekend. I don't think these small rooms are the norm because people talk about DLH being more spacious than GCH, and this particular room was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in.

This is good to know. I will be sure to mention it at check in. But I think it will be busy because we are going for Dapper Days.

We have done this in a room in Fantasy tower (it was a while ago...pre remodel though I wouldn't think they would change the structural room layout) that had a two queens and a daybed. There was a "dressing area" between the bathroom and the hall way entering the room with the closet on one side and counter with a mirror on the other. This area made a good "bedroom" for the PNP. I've also had a standard view room with two queens in Fantasy that had a similar bathroom area configuration (though the room itself was much smaller- no daybed, not even room for a chair between the second bed and the window).

We had a pool view corner room in Adventure this weekend that had 1 king bed, a daybed and a chair that pulled out into a twinXL. TONS and TONS of space in this room. It was great! The daybed, tv armoire thing and desk are off to the left side of the room. The bathroom was very different than others we've had in DLH, though this was our first time in Adventure tower. It was a long skinny room with a huge double vanity and tub/shower at the end with a "toilet room" next to the tub. It was narrow though- if someone was at the sink you couldn't really get by them to get the toilet. The closet was kind of in the room just outside the bathroom (and just to the right in the photo) and was very dark- my only complaint about this room. It was very hard to see in the closet and there wasn't a light in the room close enough to really help. You could put a PNP any number of places in this room...
8BC21166-B757-46CF-B0C1-FED10B907995_zps0wxtdntu.jpg

We have done this in a room in Fantasy tower (it was a while ago...pre remodel though I wouldn't think they would change the structural room layout) that had a two queens and a daybed. There was a "dressing area" between the bathroom and the hall way entering the room with the closet on one side and counter with a mirror on the other. This area made a good "bedroom" for the PNP. I've also had a standard view room with two queens in Fantasy that had a similar bathroom area configuration (though the room itself was much smaller- no daybed, not even room for a chair between the second bed and the window).

We had a pool view corner room in Adventure this weekend that had 1 king bed, a daybed and a chair that pulled out into a twinXL. TONS and TONS of space in this room. It was great! The daybed, tv armoire thing and desk are off to the left side of the room. The bathroom was very different than others we've had in DLH, though this was our first time in Adventure tower. It was a long skinny room with a huge double vanity and tub/shower at the end with a "toilet room" next to the tub. It was narrow though- if someone was at the sink you couldn't really get by them to get the toilet. The closet was kind of in the room just outside the bathroom (and just to the right in the photo) and was very dark- my only complaint about this room. It was very hard to see in the closet and there wasn't a light in the room close enough to really help. You could put a PNP any number of places in this room...
8BC21166-B757-46CF-B0C1-FED10B907995_zps0wxtdntu.jpg

This is some great information, thank you. I guess it is really going to depend on what exact room we get. I didn't realize they varied so much at this hotel. Hopefully, when I mention the pack n play at check in, the person at the front desk might be able to help me out a bit.

This is some great information, thank you. I guess it is really going to depend on what exact room we get. I didn't realize they varied so much at this hotel. Hopefully, when I mention the pack n play at check in, the person at the front desk might be able to help me out a bit.

I have always found them to be very helpful at check in. I've had especially good luck when we check in early in the am before going to the parks for the day (we often stay with local family the night before to save 1 hotel night). I think they have the most flexibility to move you around at this time since not a lot of the rooms being turned over will have been checked in to yet. This weekend, for example, my original booking was just me and my 5yr old. My MIL (local) decided she might want to join us for one night. When I checked in around 8:30am on Saturday, they had us in a king room with no other bedding (likely the very small king discussed earlier in this thread) since there were just two of us. I love my DD but prefer not to sleep with her since she moves around a lot so I told the CM that and our hope to also accommodate MIL the second night. She went to the back (they always do) and came back with the room I described above. And it was ready right then and we were able to go right up (I've never been that lucky before).

Are the two-bedroom suites available in all three towers of the DLR or only a certain tower?

Just to update, the room we had in the Fantasy tower had a full closet with a door that we were able to fit the pack n play in... it was like my son had his own little room it was fantastic. It's interesting to note that my parents room next door did not have this same closet, the bathroom and closet area were different in our two rooms.

Attachments

• IMG_6818.JPG
    IMG_6818.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 40
We will be staying at DLH in less than two weeks and I had a few questions. First our shuttle will stop by a store, but I rather just get to the Hotel and waste those 30 min. Is there a grocery delivery in the area and has anyone done it at the DLH? do they have an issue with this, do they leave it at the front desk? We just want to order water, granola bars and other breakfast/ snack foods.

We currently have a standard room booked. Do any of the standard rooms have an ok view or do they all look out to the parking lot?

We will be staying at DLH in less than two weeks and I had a few questions. First our shuttle will stop by a store, but I rather just get to the Hotel and waste those 30 min. Is there a grocery delivery in the area and has anyone done it at the DLH? do they have an issue with this, do they leave it at the front desk? We just want to order water, granola bars and other breakfast/ snack foods.

We currently have a standard room booked. Do any of the standard rooms have an ok view or do they all look out to the parking lot?

We have used Von's for grocery delivery on a number of occasions with delivery to a few different hotels including all 3 of the DLR hotels. The only issue is if you order any alcohol, in that case they require you to be there to accept the delivery. Otherwise, there is no problem collecting it from Bell Services.

I have also heard of many people using Amazon Prime but being Canadian, we have not used it.

Last year we used Amazon Prime Now for groceries. We were able to select a one hour window for when we wanted it delivered the night we arrived. They brought it up to the room for us, it was great! We were even able to order milk for cereal, sodas, etc.

I have only ever had standard rooms. I like the ones in the fantasy tower that are on a high floor so you can look into Disneyland and see the fireworks. They do overlook the parking lot, but if you're up high then you don't really notice it as much. You can call the hotel directly to put in your request. Have fun!!

We booked a standard room at DLH and requested Adventure Tower as high up as possible. We got a room overlooking Downtown Disney. Not sure if they upgraded us and we didn't know, but it was a great room with a decent view of the fireworks, only partially blocked by the treetops.

Last year we used Amazon Prime Now for groceries. We were able to select a one hour window for when we wanted it delivered the night we arrived. They brought it up to the room for us, it was great! We were even able to order milk for cereal, sodas, etc.

I have only ever had standard rooms. I like the ones in the fantasy tower that are on a high floor so you can look into Disneyland and see the fireworks. They do overlook the parking lot, but if you're up high then you don't really notice it as much. You can call the hotel directly to put in your request. Have fun!!

We use amazon prime so that would work perfectly because i could choose a window for items to be delivered.

When calling the hotel do i just request the highest floor they can give me. Is one tower better than the other in terms of views. I have read that some seem further away but we are ok with that as long as the view is nice? Do you remember what floor you were on when you saw the fireworks?

We use amazon prime so that would work perfectly because i could choose a window for items to be delivered.

When calling the hotel do i just request the highest floor they can give me. Is one tower better than the other in terms of views. I have read that some seem further away but we are ok with that as long as the view is nice? Do you remember what floor you were on when you saw the fireworks?

Our last trip we were in a 5th floor standard room in the Adventure tower that overlooked DTD. We were just above the tree tops but could clearly see the fireworks. I have to assume that the Adventure tower has the best view becuase of the way the tower is oriented. You are either on the side that overlooks the pools or the side that looks out towards DTD. Frontier and Fantasy both also have pool facing sides but both also have sides that face large parking lots. Just my $.02!

I think we were on the 9th or 10th floor. When I put in my request I just said high floor with view of fireworks. Fantasy tower is not far at all. It's the main tower with the lobby, reception, gift store, etc. The Frontier tower is the furthest away and you would most likely get a view of just the parking lot without the benefit of facing towards Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!