The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Thanks for the super-thread! We are going to be there from just after Thanksgiving to the first week in December. Stayed several times but this is the first time since the remodel of course...so thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

Hi Denine,

We were just there a couple of weeks ago. It appears that all the Disneyland Resort Hotels are now using H2O products. It included GOOD soap (bar soap but it smelled good and was good quality), shampoo and conditioner, and lotion. Can't remember if there was shower gel.

Thanks! Does anyone else remember if there is shower gel?

Thanks for the super-thread! We are going to be there from just after Thanksgiving to the first week in December. Stayed several times but this is the first time since the remodel of course...so thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

:yay:

Excited for you :) Hope you will return and contribute photos to the thread! You are going in November, and the final pool and the Fantasy Tower lobby/registration should be done by then.

Would love to get photos of those from ANYone on this thread who is going after the completion of the remodel!!

Thanks for this thread! I am getting married at Disneyland on December 8th and will be staying at DLH for our honeymoon. My sweetie has never stayed at DLH, and I've only been twice (for my 3rd and 13th Birthdays) So I'm glad to see that it has kept it's old charm while undergoing renovations. I'm so excited!

Thanks for this thread! I am getting married at Disneyland on December 8th and will be staying at DLH for our honeymoon. My sweetie has never stayed at DLH, and I've only been twice (for my 3rd and 13th Birthdays) So I'm glad to see that it has kept it's old charm while undergoing renovations. I'm so excited!

Congratulations! Where are you getting married at Disneyland?

OH please please post on how it went, and where are you having the wedding, as we are getting married on Dec 22 at the DLH in the small gazebo and having our small reception in the sarfi room.

I wish you the best!

OH please please post on how it went, and where are you having the wedding, as we are getting married on Dec 22 at the DLH in the small gazebo and having our small reception in the sarfi room.

I wish you the best!

We will be staying at the DLH then. The last time we stayed my girls loved catching a glimpse of a Disney bride in fact dd1 proclaimed that she will get married at DL. DH looked :scared1: and I :lmao:.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Kipper I hope your wedding day is wonderful and enjoy your honeymoon. You will have the perfect reason to return to DL often to celebrate your anniversary.

We will be staying at the DLH then. The last time we stayed my girls loved catching a glimpse of a Disney bride in fact dd1 proclaimed that she will get married at DL. DH looked :scared1: and I :lmao:.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Thank you, I am thrilled we could manage it. See, it was supposed to be just our "regular" every 2 year family trip, however it has now morphed into the entire family reunion, us getting married christmas vacation, everyone coming from Canada trip.

This is both mine and my soon to be DH second go around, and well I have to be honest, I am bloody thrilled to be getting married in DH, to the point that I almost cannot stand the wait. Decided that at the ripe old age of 43 I am going to be a Disney princess bride!

I wish you the best!

I hope you will do the same! Congratulations to you both. :love: I hope you will return with more photos of the DLH!!

I will be sure to post as many pics as possible. We went out a bought a new camera just for this trip, as we have been to DL and WDW we have never gone as a couple and never at Christmas. So, new camera that can really showcase all that is DL at Christmas was in order.

We are in one of the three bedroom suites so I will be sure to get pics of that, so looking forward to it.

And thank you for putting this thread together, it has been invaluable to me.

Thanks for all of the great information. Going in December and this will be my first stay since the remodel. I booked an upper level resort view and am hoping to get a park or DTD view rather than a pool view. The DL website is not very clear on room types. Oh well, I'm sure I will have a great time as always.

Love this thread!! DLH is so a part of my love for DL. I am hoping they build a DVC tower here someday as I would love to buy points here. I have not stayed here since the remodel but we ate at the new restaurants last time we were here in July and we LOVED them. Great food and atmosphere! Can't wait to see the place after the remodel is complete.

Something interesting (regarding lower rates) I forgot to mention:

Hubby and I stayed at the DLH from September 24 - 26. When we were checking out on the 26th (a Monday) we got a 'note' from the DLH along with our bill.

It said they were offering us a low rate of $139 / night if we were willing to stay an extra night. Unfortunately we had to get back to work, so we couldn't take advantage of the offer.

However, it does go to show that, when the hotel isn't busy crowded, the rates can sometimes still go below $200.

Just thought everyone would be interested in knowing this!

Just back from a quick 2 night stay (10/18-10/20). We were in the Frontier Tower, Sixth Floor. Our room had 2 queens and a daybed and we overlooked the pool area.

My 2 year old DD adored the music and lights on the headboard. She thought it was the best thing that we allowed her to control it. I had intended her to sleep in the daybed but she would not stay put, so into the Pack and Play she went.

One thing I noticed is that my toiletries did not have the Mickey ears on them. :confused3 I was a little disappointed about that, but not enough to diminish my excitement at staying on property for the first time.

I thought I'd report that we went to DLR Oct 13-15. I originally booked DLH but after reading about the construction woes some people posted, I switched to GCH. We had a chance to walk over to DLH and check things out, and I have to admit that I am VERY glad we changed, as DLH had construction walls everywhere, ongoing work on the pool, no good place (IMO) to relax by a pool and the lobby was a mess.

I think the hotel will be awesome when everything is done, but at the moment it's still very much a work in progress.

I so hope the pool construction is done by the 1st of December. Is the pool the last thing to be finished off or is there other construction going on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter