The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

So, Hubby and I stayed at the remodeled-but-still-under-construction DLH this past weekend.

As promised, we took more detailed photos of the pool area and a few other places, which I'll be posting as soon as I can find my camera cord for the computer! :rolleyes1

However, based on some of the questions asked here, I can answer a few things right away:

Pools:
  • While there is only one hot tub (right now), it does appear that there will be a second hot tub next to the "E ticket pool" upon completion. :yay: This is the same hot tub that used to be Little Mermaid themed (next to the old Peter Pan-themed pool). We got a good look and some photos of that area, and it appears that they are keeping this hot tub. We're assuming this because if the entire pool area will be completed in a few months, they would surely have demolished that hot tub area and gutted it by now?? :confused3
  • The Monorail slides are AWESOME!! :woohoo: You WILL get wet. Ladies, no use trying the bun-on-top-of-the-head thing, it doesn't work. (Trust me, I tried.) Be prepared for your hair to get soaked.

Towers:
  • According to the clerk at check-in, the room remodels are complete (including in the Fantasy Tower). All rooms are now operating and open for biz.
  • While each Tower has a specific "theme" (Frontier, Adventureland, Fantasy), which will be seen in the lobby decor, the hallways of each Tower are standard, i.e., they are all the same. The decor of the hallways of each Tower are in keeping with the hotel's overall blue/yellow/champagne color scheme, with a Sorcerer's Apprentice-type carpeting in each.

Will update the thread later with more pool photos, etc.

Looking forward to seeing your recent pics. We're checking in on Friday night for a few days, supposedly in the adventure tower, and the kids are really looking forward to the monorail slides (me too!). Also can't wait to see the two new restaurants.

Just wanted everyone to know that the thread has been updated with new photos, maps and welcome information (see Posts #1 - #3).

One nice thing: the map handed to guests pretty much confirms there will be a second hot tub when the "E ticket" pool section opens. :thumbsup2

Next Up: Tower lobby photos...

I love this thread! This is what I needed when I was went a few months ago and stayed at the DLH.

Ok, started to panic a bit when I read about the construction woes! We're set to go Oct 13-15. About a week ago I changed our reservation from GCH to DLH because my kids wanted to stay there to try out the new waterslides. I had booked us at GCH, even though DLh is our fave, because of the construction but decided it probably wasn't bad. THEN I read some of the reviews here!! So I called today to change back to GCH and it's no longer available :eek:. I feel pretty stupid but am consoling myself with the hope that we get Adventure tower DTD view (which I requested and paid for, but you know how that goes) and with the idea that we will enjoy the new Tangaroa Terrace, have ressies for dinner at Goofy's, and are planning to eat at RFC so DLH is convenient for all of that. Right? RIGHT?? :rotfl:

I love this thread, by the way!! Thanks so much to all who have contributed photos. I think we should have a DIS DLH get together for all of us on this thread who love it and go in on one of the fancy suites!!

Don't worry DizMe. We just got back from a 2 night stay and LOVED it. I admit I was worried when we were checking in and walking past construction walls and hearing hammering. This is only because of course the front desk is in Fantasy Tower which is the only area (and the pool) where construction is still going on. I booked a standard view and we were given my requested King room on the 4th floor of the Frontier Tower. The room was beautiful and huge! We were at the end of the hall and had a corner with a balcony (one of the remaining few). The room was quiet and even the feel of the resort was so peaceful and relaxing. In the evening walking back to our tower we could hear the live music at Trader Sams and enjoy the beautiful grounds. DH and I both agreed we would choose it over GCH next time as much as we love GCH.

One problem was the wifi wasn't working in our room. I'm not sure if being at the end of the hall and behind 2 sets of doors affected this. I had to stand out in the hallway to get anything! Not really practical. I did call their help line and report it and he said they would try to fix it remotely or send someone out, but it was never resolved. I also couldn't get wifi in the lobby of the Frontier tower, but in the Fantasy tower I could:confused3.

You'll love your stay:goodvibes

I booked a standard view and we were given my requested King room on the 4th floor of the Frontier Tower. The room was beautiful and huge! We were at the end of the hall and had a corner with a balcony (one of the remaining few).

Hey aristocat65 - very cool you had one of the few rooms with a balcony. If you have any photos and / or the room number, please let me know and I'll add it to the Room Reviews section. Thanks!

Hey aristocat65 - very cool you had one of the few rooms with a balcony. If you have any photos and / or the room number, please let me know and I'll add it to the Room Reviews section. Thanks!

The room number was 2299 (4th floor). Interestingly there was a set of double doors we had to go through at the very end of the hallway(with our key) and then 2299 was on the left and 2298 was on the right. I took a couple of pictures, but they are not very good and I didn't think to take a picture of the balcony.

Thanks, aristocat65!! How nice of you to let us know about your great stay. We, too, love DLH and I've just been going back and forth about it all. I have to admit that I was really scared and when an opening at GCH appeared the next day, I took it. I immediately began to regret it, LOL. I PROMISED my dh and kids I would not change us again as they felt that 4 times was enough :rotfl:

I will certainly plan on staying at DLH next time, and your post just reconfirmed why DLH is our favorite. I'll be thinking about your big room when we have to order a sleeping bag for one of our kids at GCH :rolleyes1. It will be our first time experiencing a theme park view so I guess that will be fun, and I changed our reservation from Goofy's to Storyteller's, which will also be a first. I do love that DLH has a lot of better dining options for families than GCH. I mean $19 for a waffle??? That's nuts. Fortunately, we're using vouchers from our Costco package :thumbsup2

Thanks for the updates. It is looking beautiful. I'll be there the 12th.

The room number was 2299 (4th floor). Interestingly there was a set of double doors we had to go through at the very end of the hallway(with our key) and then 2299 was on the left and 2298 was on the right. I took a couple of pictures, but they are not very good and I didn't think to take a picture of the balcony.

These rooms are were the suites are...what you had was the second room of a two bedrooms suite...one side is the one room suite=a living area with a bedboom and when you book a two bedroom suite your have room 2298 and 2299...the inside doors can lock into the open position and your have the "hallway" between rooms...both rooms have balconies...which view did you have??
jc

hopefully I can post this???...Andy Castro's DateLine DisneyLand (micechat dot com) has some great pictures of the DLH pool area updates this morning.

These rooms are were the suites are...what you had was the second room of a two bedrooms suite...one side is the one room suite=a living area with a bedboom and when you book a two bedroom suite your have room 2298 and 2299...the inside doors can lock into the open position and your have the "hallway" between rooms...both rooms have balconies...which view did you have??
jc

I kind of figured that was the situation. Our view was not of much, but wasn't a big deal as there were no fireworks or anything while we were there. We could see the PPH in the distance and our balcony looked down over the "future garden" according to the map we were given and also a building we weren't sure what it was. It looked like an office/employee building of some sort. I'm sure someone knows. 2298 would have had a better view as it faced the monorail pool.

im very excited to see this thread,

it will be my first time at the DLR and staying here, im so excited!

Does anyone know what deluxe view is?

I booked through Disneyland online and got a package and a fall discount and im staying in a deluxe view...but i cant find anywhere what that means?
i assume is means pool/theme park view?
i wont be getting to the hotel until around 9pm at night, so i doubt any good rooms will be left anyways...

thanks for making this new thread!

im very excited to see this thread,

it will be my first time at the DLR and staying here, im so excited!

Does anyone know what deluxe view is?

I booked through Disneyland online and got a package and a fall discount and im staying in a deluxe view...but i cant find anywhere what that means?
i assume is means pool/theme park view?
i wont be getting to the hotel until around 9pm at night, so i doubt any good rooms will be left anyways...

thanks for making this new thread!

Hmmmmm that is a new one to me. If no one else answers you before your trip, I'd love to know! Let us know when you get back and I'll add "deluxe view" to the room options!

When I booked they explained that deluxe view is EITHER pool or DTD view on an upper floor. This category is described on the 1st page as "Upper Level Resort Pool / Resort View"

I took the standard DTD view so we'll probably be below the 5th floor, but hoping for an upgrade. I'll confirm all this and give you an update after we get back at the end of the month!

thanks! I searched for a while but couldn't come up with anything...
i wouldn't mind either view...
actually i wouldn't mind a storage closet, im very excited to go, and since i have such limited time, i don't plan to be in the room other than to sleep anyways

This may sound like a stupid question, but what toiletries does the DLH offer? I am trying to figure out how much body wash to pack. Regular soap is too drying for my skin.

Can't wait to stay here. We will be here for the first time and celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary.

This may sound like a stupid question, but what toiletries does the DLH offer? I am trying to figure out how much body wash to pack. Regular soap is too drying for my skin.

Can't wait to stay here. We will be here for the first time and celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary.

Hi Denine,

We were just there a couple of weeks ago. It appears that all the Disneyland Resort Hotels are now using H2O products. It included GOOD soap (bar soap but it smelled good and was good quality), shampoo and conditioner, and lotion. Can't remember if there was shower gel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter