• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The disneyland dining plan

tfiga

Mouseketeer
I love WDW dining plan. How similar is the one in Disneyland? I will only consider going to DL if I can get a plan that will cover at least two meals a day with no oop for my family of 4. Can anyone who has used it give me some information?

While you can get packages that include meal vouchers, they are additional and not "free" as was with the WDW packages a few months ago.

What I was trying to understand is the voucher thing. Does it cover your meal or do you have to pay oop? Also it seems really complex in comparsion with WDW. The past two times we have been to WDW we purchased the plan and could eat 1 ts and 1 cs everyday, therefore our only oop was muffins or bagels in the morning, but with the vouchers I am confused.

The vouchers (pre-paid meal plan) will cover your meal up to a certain $ amount. Anything over that you have to pay OOP. If your meal is less then the stated amount you will not get $ back.

Who do you call for the dining package?? I am going to DL in Feb as a DVC member staying at the GC using the points. I inquired about it thru DVC and they told me that DL does NOT have a meal package like WDW does. Anyone has a phone number for it, please let me know!! :flower: THANKS!!

I believe the dining is available only via a package. It w/ accomidations, tickets, dining etc. Maybe it is not available when using DVC. I don't know too much about DVC and everytime I request a video it tells me that it is to available to California residence.

Do you know how close to the day arrive we can add this on? I know at WDW I was told I could upto 4 days prior to arrival.

TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter