The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

We had several camping trips planned this year and I really hope we get the chance to take them this year. It's such a bummer that we have this new rig and while we could driveway camp, we still have not had the chance to take it out and use it.

Shame, I took mine to Aberdeen, MS to have the yearly service. Working in the ED as an NP I would really like to distance myself from DW and DDs as much as possible as I have no idea what I'm exposed to. It would of been the perfect backup plan.

Shame, I took mine to Aberdeen, MS to have the yearly service. Working in the ED as an NP I would really like to distance myself from DW and DDs as much as possible as I have no idea what I'm exposed to. It would of been the perfect backup plan
Michael I am sure you will have it back with plenty of time to spare with this bug. Lucille and I have ours ready as Isolation chamber if called for

I decided yesterday to take off 3 weeks from work. I didn't need to take home this "bug" to Frank who is 1. over 60 2. diabetic 3. had a recent heart attack.
We also think he is improving because I have been home to take care of him. His blood sugar and blood pressure has been great. It's gonna take a while for his strength to come back.

I decided yesterday to take off 3 weeks from work. I didn't need to take home this "bug" to Frank who is 1. over 60 2. diabetic 3. had a recent heart attack.
We also think he is improving because I have been home to take care of him. His blood sugar and blood pressure has been great. It's gonna take a while for his strength to come back.

As a medical professional I agree with this plan. Completely.

I just cleaned my two Zebcos reels. Tell him I was thinking about him.

Alright, today was wet snow, rain, generally a yucky day. Called my father talked to him for 2 hours. DW is off to Sams club for groceries, milk, etc.
Beef jerky in the dehydrator, should be done late tonight. Dog is finally getting used to us being home. She will be really confused when we go back to work, whenever that is.

Alright, today was wet snow, rain, generally a yucky day.
Dog is finally getting used to us being home. She will be really confused when we go back to work, whenever that is.

About 75 here yesterday and sunny, 50 today, gotta love the weather changes this time of year. I know what you mean about the dog, DW had some surgery in early Jan, little complications from it, was home of 5 days then in hospital for 7, our dog didn't know what to do. I would come home from visiting her and the dog would keep going up the stairs to see where she was. Now the DW says she thinks the dog is more needy than before, LOL, doesn't let DW get much more than 10 ft away before he has to go see what see's doing. Have most groceries we need, going this afternoon to a locker to pick up 200lbs of beef from a local producer so we are pretty well set.

so, the states shut down all non-essential business, order all people to stay home. this morning BREAKING NEWS, UNEMPLOYMENT AT 3 MILLION. News anchors act shocked, worst numbers ever. Really, I cant be the only one that saw that coming, jesus people, quit freakin panicking at everything for the sake of panic

so, the states shut down all non-essential business, order all people to stay home. this morning BREAKING NEWS, UNEMPLOYMENT AT 3 MILLION. News anchors act shocked, worst numbers ever. Really, I cant be the only one that saw that coming, jesus people, quit freakin panicking at everything for the sake of panic

What if the reason we had such a bad flu season before "The Virus" was because it has actually been here since early November. No one was testing for it.
As far as unemployment, well that is a DUH statement by the news. Should have read, in things we already expected.....
Now employer is trying to come up with a daily disinfection plan. By the time I get done with the plan it should be time to go home.
What are we going to do for the next virus ??? Flu season going to become an annual shutdown ?

What are we going to do for the next virus ??? Flu season going to become an annual shutdown ?
Chris,

Next influenza season will be business as usual. There will be a vaccine and depending on the strain, many of us will have some degree of prior exposure and some degree of acquired immunity.

All those things combined keep the spread to a manageable rate. Millions will get sick and thousands will probably die, just like every other season, but it will occur over months and not overwhelm the healthcare system.

j

What if the reason we had such a bad flu season before "The Virus" was because it has actually been here since early November. No one was testing for it.
As far as unemployment, well that is a DUH statement by the news. Should have read, in things we already expected.....
Now employer is trying to come up with a daily disinfection plan. By the time I get done with the plan it should be time to go home.
Chris we were hearing about this prior to our leaving for home on Jan 29th. Within 3 hours of arriving home I was in our local hospital with an extremely nasty case of Pneumonia. One of the first things I was tested for that night of Jan 31 was the Flu. On the morning of Feb 2nd I was tested again as they explained to me there was a problem with the original test. In hindsight the concern my Dr had over my not reacting well to the antibiotics I was being given. The next day my Dr was there during an early news story about COVID 19 and he told me I didn't need to worry that is not what I had.
My point is the medical community knew about this disease and wer on the look out for it and were testing for it long before it became a 24/7 news story

We had several camping trips planned this year and I really hope we get the chance to take them this year. It's such a bummer that we have this new rig and while we could driveway camp, we still have not had the chance to take it out and use it.

I'm hoping the same. We're supposed to camp over Memorial Day, which I think very well may turn out to be a non-starter. Our other trips are July-Sept, and I have high hopes that those will go forward as planned!

The media is feeding off this. Bad news is good business. Period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!