The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Triage only for suspected cases out there or is everyone coming into your ER getting tested

They couldn't even spring for the cooler white tarp? Our drive throughs are big white easy-ups with 2 sides.

j

Triage only for suspected cases out there or is everyone coming into your ER getting tested
Primarily screening potential covid symptom patients. If suspected but stable then referring for testing and recommended they quarantine pending results. If I feel they need chest xrays, meds, breathing treatments, etc referring them on into ED but they go to a designated part of ED to help separate from other patients.

I've even removed some sutures from the comfort of their own passenger seat.

We all keep talking about when things will re-open and such (and I REALLY want that too!), but after the immediate concern about this initial wave, I am wondering about down the road. Does this particular virus just come and go away in the end? Does it just circle around the world over and over? They are working on vaccines, but we know how that has gone for the common cold (which has hundreds of mutation varieties, hence no vaccine)...what if same for Covid-19? Will human race begin to have a natural increase in immunity as time goes by? How long will that take for a general population increase in immunity?

I wish I could relax and say “I can’t wait to get to the other side of this pandemic and go to my fall Disney vacation while I watch the economy and such start to work it’s way back.”, but I am concerned it is not going to be such a simple return to things.....

These are the uncomfortable things I wonder about. And even in those cases, we can’t just remain shut down indefinitely, so where does that lead us...

Last edited:
As I look outside at our new rig wondering when we might get to actually use it. This brings a little sadness and at the same time, the fact that we pretty much never go out means we are saving money for the most part. We did manage last month to take advantage of when interest rates dipped back in march to lock in a refinance our home and drop a full point from last years rates. I take that as a big plus for us and that will be nice.

I do have our purple wall, though won't be the same once the shelves are there. The next step in the library project is our built ins. I need to either borrow a table saw or see if I can find one for sale on craiglist/facebook so I can get some good accurate cuts. Plus with warmer weather coming this weekend we can continue with mulching and weeding. It will keep my mind off of the fact that we really have not left the house over the past month.

Well I got notice that we are returning to work. I work in a small group, there is the supervisor, myself and one other individual. They have decided that we will return to work, but only one of us and the supervisor at a time. So he will work, Monday and Tuesday, I will work Wednesday and Thursday, and we will all be off on Friday. This way the Governors office can not lay us off, as we are doing what we can. I will still get paid for my full 40 which is good. We are usually in a tractor, by ourselves, so just a matter of disinfecting equipment after using it. At least it is a start.
My first Star Wars blaster is nearly complete, all that remains is to print the bipod and attach, but that is not as important. I have started to print the second more familiar E11, which all Stormtroopers carry.
Yesterday started some beef jerky, it is now in the dehydrator and I have another roast to slice today. Will marinade it, then get it in the dehydrator probably tomorrow morning. Made two different types, a standard jerky marinade and one that also included hot buffalo sauce for some added kick.

Well I got notice that we are returning to work. I work in a small group, there is the supervisor, myself and one other individual. They have decided that we will return to work, but only one of us and the supervisor at a time. So he will work, Monday and Tuesday, I will work Wednesday and Thursday, and we will all be off on Friday. This way the Governors office can not lay us off, as we are doing what we can. I will still get paid for my full 40 which is good. We are usually in a tractor, by ourselves, so just a matter of disinfecting equipment after using it. At least it is a start.
My first Star Wars blaster is nearly complete, all that remains is to print the bipod and attach, but that is not as important. I have started to print the second more familiar E11, which all Stormtroopers carry.
Yesterday started some beef jerky, it is now in the dehydrator and I have another roast to slice today. Will marinade it, then get it in the dehydrator probably tomorrow morning. Made two different types, a standard jerky marinade and one that also included hot buffalo sauce for some added kick.

Your back to work sounds like a decent plan. I know many are bifercated at this point. We are still all WFH.

I really should look into dehydrating, beef and chicken jerky are my favorites. I thought about a smoker, but I am not sure I have the patience for it and really the kids are not big on it anyway.

Your back to work sounds like a decent plan. I know many are bifercated at this point. We are still all WFH.

I really should look into dehydrating, beef and chicken jerky are my favorites. I thought about a smoker, but I am not sure I have the patience for it and really the kids are not big on it anyway.

The smoker is nice, but it takes a long time for everything, so even though with the pellets it is kind of set and forget, you still have to monitor your temps on the meat. And I end up making way too much for the two of us. I will smoke a whole loin and then cool it, cut it and vacuum seal in portions for later meals. Same with roasts, but they do not last as long.
I got additional trays for my dehydrator some years ago, so I can do 8 trays at once. Still takes awhile to do.

So sorry to hear of Frank's heart attack. Prayers for a quick recovery & for you Denise, as his care giver.
Arnold has finished his 5 CT radiations & has had his 1st of 24 infusions. Oncology said yesterday that everything looked great. Because Arnold has difficulty giving away his blood, so therefore they are putting in a port Monday. Thank you all for the prayers & concerns. We are in a very bad thunderstorm with heavy rain & flooding. Hope everyone is staying healthy & 6 ft away from everyone.

jbrostek, Wish we lived close, we have a wonderful table saw & other wood working machines in the storage bldg. You could have a great work shop. Tiggerdad, Praying you stay well & hope Mississippi will be OK. Not sure if your have time to watch HGTV, but we love to watch Home Town from Laurel Mississippi. They are redoing old homes after they are bought.

Arnold has finished his 5 CT radiations & has had his 1st of 24 infusions. Oncology said yesterday that everything looked great.
That's fantastic news, Gloria..

I've mostly been on conference calls and working on the computer, but we had a few nice days and I was able to get some of the pavers around the pool apron. They put a retaining wall up and left a 18 inch gap between the concrete apron around the pool. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. The gap was mostly full of gravel, so planting anything wouldn't work well. Almost done.

20200403_180711_copy_648x1152.jpg

20200403_180548_copy_648x364.jpg

It's going to rain tonight and get cold again. I need about 400 more bricks to do a part closer to the house that will transition into the deck. That will have to wait until we are beyond all the COVID-19 stuff.

j

jbrostek, Wish we lived close, we have a wonderful table saw & other wood working machines in the storage bldg. You could have a great work shop. Tiggerdad, Praying you stay well & hope Mississippi will be OK. Not sure if your have time to watch HGTV, but we love to watch Home Town from Laurel Mississippi. They are redoing old homes after they are bought.

I've met her and her husband, about a year ago. Laurel is about 40 minutes south of me. Met them at a dress shop while looking for my oldest DDs beauty pageant dress.

That's fantastic news, Gloria..

I've mostly been on conference calls and working on the computer, but we had a few nice days and I was able to get some of the pavers around the pool apron. They put a retaining wall up and left a 18 inch gap between the concrete apron around the pool. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. The gap was mostly full of gravel, so planting anything wouldn't work well. Almost done.

View attachment 485418

View attachment 485419

It's going to rain tonight and get cold again. I need about 400 more bricks to do a part closer to the house that will transition into the deck. That will have to wait until we are beyond all the COVID-19 stuff.

j
Jim, this looks so nice. You are talented. I wish we had the patience and time to put down pavers. We hired it done for our new home. Stay well. Barb & Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter