The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

The last morning at the hospital they had set up a table at the entrance making sure you weren't sick and telling you only 1 visitor per person. They gave you a sticker for your shirt so you could get on the floor.
Some hospitals have stopped all visitors. Exception 1 visitor if you're delivering a baby or 1 if you're dying. The nurse told us about this.

Denise,

We have done the same here. No visitor under 16. One visitor per patient and only after being screened. Starting Monday, we are cancelling all elective surgeries except urgent, emergent and things that can't wait 3 weeks or more. (mostly cancer related).

These are interesting times. Some of our peer hospitals on the East and West coast are strongly reinforcing to do these things NOW! They didn't and are really dealing with it now. The Midwest has not seen the big uptick yet, but we are expecting it in the next week (or less).

j

DD stuck at college 1300 miles from home, 5.7 mag earthquake this morning, salt lake city shutdown, no power and I cant help her, talk about feeling helpless..

Hope you are able to get in touch with your daughter and everything is alright.

With the earthquake and everything else going on around the country right now, sending lots of prayers to Salt Lake.

Here's something to ponder. Today I found myself driving through downtown Atlanta at 4:30 in the afternoon. Now you're probably thinking "Gees Joe, are you oughta you're mind?", insert comment here( ). Well, because of the go home for 2 weeks cuz we're shuttin everything down, and the latest traffic updates from @garneska, I waltzed right through. 65 mph never clicked off the cruise control, never touched the brakes. Very surreal

@tigger92662 it is so weird looking at traffic around here. it is nothing compared to the usual. We have terrible fog this morning would have normally screwed up traffic, but no one is going to the office.

@tigger92662 it is so weird looking at traffic around here. it is nothing compared to the usual. We have terrible fog this morning would have normally screwed up traffic, but no one is going to the office.
Maybe it's the time I'm coming to work (0700ish) with all the rest of the healthcare people, but traffic has been fairly normal. I really thought with schools closed, it would be pretty light.

j

@Teamubr interesting. yes schools closed are making a huge difference here. Of course I don't think people in atlanta are practicing social distancing. Lots of people in the park. It is only not crowded in the morning when i run.

@Teamubr interesting. yes schools closed are making a huge difference here. Of course I don't think people in atlanta are practicing social distancing. Lots of people in the park. It is only not crowded in the morning when i run.
All the hospitals in the area have cancelled all elective surgeries starting Monday. About 20% of the patients called to inform them their case is cancelled don't understand and are pissed. Hopefully they will realize we are trying to save their lives. Many of the most frustrated and angry are the elderly, the ones most at risk. Not enough people are taking this seriously.

Italy just surpassed China for total deaths related to COVID-19. China has 1.4 BILLION people with 3,200 deaths. The virus is in significant decline there. Italy has 60 million people (1/23rd the people of China) and has already had 3,400 deaths and they are still on the increase with cases. Italy still hasn't implemented the measures China did. People still out, gatherings for dinner. This is going to be very bad for areas that don't take drastic action.

From the Chinese Red Cross VP speaking to Italian leadership: "Here in Milan, the hardest hit area by COVID-19, there isn't a very strict lockdown: public transportation is still working and people are still moving around, you're still having dinners and parties in the hotels and you're not wearing masks. "

j

Around here from the casual oberservation it may look like people are not distancing as you see kids and parents outside. But if you observe people are keeping distance. Most of the kids are only playing in their yard with siblings. When we went on a walk with the dogs everyone passed at a reasonable distance.

We have not been going out for much. Though I did an online and pickup order at Lowes to keep some projects going. Still keeps us from the stores, though end of next week we probably would like to stock up on more perishables. Many others seem to be doing the same, and I also see friend with small businesses suffering. Some are not sure they will make it through more than a week or two of no business before they have to lay everyone off or shut down.

I hope that if there is relief planned for small businesses it is fast, otherwise it may be worse than 2010 in how many fail/close as the outcome.

Well I'll tell ya what, although I breezed through downtown Atlanta twice at 65mph, ain't NOBODY in Nashville stayin home.
Traffic through there rivaled normal traffic in Atlanta :crazy2::confused3

I had posted earlier about how easily I had blown through Atlanta, so let me backtrack a little. In the fall, I had to put my elderly cousin into an assisted living facility after a fall. I have since been tasked with selling her belongings and her house, $4500 a month at the facility. I joked with the wife that it might be easier to buy a trailer and empty the house in 1 shot and get it up for sale. So as a result of the perfect storm of diesel fuel plummeting and having to 2 weeks off with pay, DS & I went & picked up a new toy box20200320_150144_copy_784x663.jpg

I took off from work today for a long weekend. We went for a ride, 3 hours to Sonic in Albany NY, and it looked like business as usual. Lots of traffic in Albany, not much on the way there and back though. Sonic was either drive thru or drive in. We did the drive in and ate in the car. After getting our order the car hop sprayed and wiped down the touch screen, red button, and the credit card reader.

After lunch we went to RV One Superstore in Albany. Lots of salesmen there but only 2-3 customers. All the RV’s were unlocked. We looked at 5-6 diesel pushers at the cost of 3-500,000 and about 8-9 gas motorhomes around 100-140,000. Then we looked at the Super C’s, and that is what we really liked. They had two there for around 210,000.

On our way to Albany the Thruway had there info signs displaying this message

2E491681-F3BA-4214-BE47-5BCC9E746A60.jpeg

57839AD9-81F7-4F02-ACEE-3D32530E2CA2.jpeg

Yesterday Mallory went to the vet. I was terrified as she has taken up some new habits, chirping And hard breathing being the worst. I was afraid she may have fluid in her lungs or just a hard time breathing because of laying all day.

she came home. We had a chest X-ray done and no issues with her lungs. We do have some anxiety medication and it seems to be helping.

the vet asked what changed in the last week :rotfl2:

us working from home, though we think it was happening when we were not there but do think she might be worried with us home everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter