The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Oh my, Marty, winterizing already? Might as well if you are certain of your schedule (we have temps near 100 this week). However, temps will break and we'll get low 90s/60s by Friday so the 11am football game on Saturday may be tolerable (at mid-day nearly every seat is in the sun).

I have a non-trailer camping trip scheduled for my local COE campground on Halloween weekend. In the past I have camped out there on Labor Day weekend (well last two years) and it was still blazing hot. I originally had scheduled it again for this year but a couple months back pushed it to end of October. It's an off-weekend for Bama so I can get in there for a fall weekend. It'll be just me so I'll take the ol' Boy Scout summer camp canvas wall tent and cot. I have a site on the river near the dam (lights at night) and it's only 15 minutes from Publix and mom/dad's house. 25 minutes home. So I will be taking the satellite dish and tv and watch some football and enjoy the outdoors.

Bama Ed

PS - at some point I will winterize too by blowing out the water from the Aliner lines with pressurized air. But that's no problem when I am taking it back to St. Augustine for an extended couple day stay (leaving before New Years and leaving on the Saturday after). I've been to St.A twice in the last two years (one a day trip and one a quick overnighter) but I like what I've seen and wanted to stay longer. We will be at Anastasia SP again which is along the beach. The camping loops are set in some dense hammocks. Thing is, though, I don't know if I'll be going by myself or me/DW and up to the two youngest kids. Their plans are up in the air still. I hope to still go unless momma says no to a solo trip. She's afraid I'll have too much fun if I am by myself. :rolleyes1

Sounds like a blast. We certainly have some time before I have to worry about temps (really don't get too concerned about that until mid-October). But, every weekend between now and then is booked. We were supposed to go over a long weekend at the end of this month, only to find out they scheduled Homecoming for that weekend.

Our next scheduled trip is Memorial Day. We are doing Williamsburg, VA at the end of March, however, and haven't yet decided if that will be with the camper or some other accomodatinos.

Happy camping - I'll look forward to the pics!

Winterize here about end of Oct. Have a trip this weekend to a state park and then to KC for the Nascar race on the weekend of Oct 19-20. That will probably be the last trip of the year before the pink stuff goes in. :(:mad::sad1::sad1:

I'm up in Middlebury Indiana getting the bedroom slide worked on at the Coachmen factory. Saw this in the parking lot at the hotel. I thought he may travel with pets and did this to keep them cool when he was parked, but no dog (or other pet) evidence in the truck. He has an auxiliary fuel tank and construction generator in the bed. I think he is a trailer transporter and lives in the truck. Either that or he works for an RV parts supplier and this was cheaper than fixing the A/C on the truck. :)

20190923_170245-1008x567.jpg

j

I'm up in Middlebury Indiana getting the bedroom slide worked on at the Coachmen factory. Saw this in the parking lot at the hotel. I thought he may travel with pets and did this to keep them cool when he was parked, but no dog (or other pet) evidence in the truck. He has an auxiliary fuel tank and construction generator in the bed. I think he is a trailer transporter and lives in the truck. Either that or he works for an RV parts supplier and this was cheaper than fixing the A/C on the truck. :)

View attachment 438359

j

I buy the animal theory - maybe sometimes there is a cap on the back and this cools it all down.

I buy the animal theory - maybe sometimes there is a cap on the back and this cools it all down.
I initially thought the same thing. Except the bed is full with an auxiliary fuel tank, bed rail toolbox, generator, 5th wheel hitch and fuel jugs.
I'm still leaning towards camper transporter, given I am in the womb of all RV births. This setup cost cheaper than staying in hotels.

j

After busting my butt all weekend in the heat, I have a lot of respect for 410 feet of fence. I'm only putting in about 120. I have all the posts in and some of the panels. I left out many of them so the crew had room to work.

You worked hard for that I have no doubt!! The pool is looking great!

I initially thought the same thing. Except the bed is full with an auxiliary fuel tank, bed rail toolbox, generator, 5th wheel hitch and fuel jugs.
I'm still leaning towards camper transporter, given I am in the womb of all RV births. This setup cost cheaper than staying in hotels.

j

Sounds like a reasonable theory to me. If so, more power to him/her. Not for me! I could probably do the air mattress in the bed - but spending nights in the truck itself, no thanks!

Exciting news and I had to share. I got my acceptance into the Boston Marathon. I beat the cutoff by 54 seconds. Trust me I did not care how much i beat it by I just wanted in. I am so excited and getting over a cold at the moment so hoping this is the last time i am sick for another 8 months.

That's great Kris. I'll be looking for you on tv. :happytv:

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter