The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Chris Was that in Holland ? My first thought was Nijmegan Bridge an objective of the 82 Airborne Div. during Operation Market Garden on Sep 17 1944. ( See the movie "A Bridge Too Far" or better yet read the book ) Funny how you flashed back to that while I went back to final week at Fort Benning before heading to Field 6 and Jungle Warfare training

Congrats Kris.

Hopefully you have that big sense of accomplishment. That's what made the long distance cycling worth it. Something about pushing and finally crossing the finish. I either had a huge smile or tears. Depended on how it went.

Chris- 100 miles in 4 days. I'm not sure they do that kind of thing anymore. I'm not sure the Crucible even covers that kind of distance.

j

Mike, Yes that is the bridge we crossed, the same one from the movie. The walk started in Germany, crossed the bridge, did some distance in Holland, then recrossed the bridge back in to Germany.
Jim, It was actually a Brigade Event, which is why we had to do it twice, once to prove we were the one's to represent the Brigade, then the actual event. It had all sorts of units, and civilians that would complete the 100 miles. Goal was to complete the 25 miles in 8 hours.

I think it’s called product placement. FYI Bert and I work for coke so that is what he drinks. I mainly drink water.
When I first saw this pic of Mal I immediately thought it would be a good coke ad!
I think it’s called product placement. FYI Bert and I work for coke so that is what he drinks. I mainly drink water.

Prayers now for healing. Have not been on chat for awhile. I have one more rehab on Friday, but will have to do them at home 6 days a week. Be glad when I can mend down to PU things. Grumphy has to help me put the rt. shoes etc on.

Prayers now for healing. Have not been on chat for awhile. I have one more rehab on Friday, but will have to do them at home 6 days a week. Be glad when I can mend down to PU things. Grumphy has to help me put the rt. shoes etc on.

Does he help you put the left shoes on too ?? :rotfl2:

I got this book for my birthday this week and I'm saving it to read on my Florida vacation in 2+ weeks.

If it's any good I'll let you know. There may not be as much puzzle time on this trip if I have a good book to read.

Bama Ed

And the water heater pooped out. Time to put my plumbing skills to the test.
In the camper? It may be the thermostat. I had to replace mine a year ago in the middle of the FW camping trip.

If it's the home water heater, I got nothing to offer. I got a tankless water heater. If it has an issue, I'm off the DIY list. That sucker is complicated when you open it up.

In the camper? It may be the thermostat. I had to replace mine a year ago in the middle of the FW camping trip.

If it's the home water heater, I got nothing to offer. I got a tankless water heater. If it has an issue, I'm off the DIY list. That sucker is complicated when you open it up.

No, it was the house unit. Took me two hours to change it after I got a new one. Now have to take the old one back tomorrow for credit. The one we had to remove was only 4 years old, and they gave us authorization to return it under warranty. So all is good. We had tankless units when I worked for State Parks and yes they are not a DIY item.

Alabama's future head football coach (after Saban retires) was at Alabama's Pro Day yesterday.

BelichekBama2019.jpg

BelichekBama2019-2.png

Tom Brady is getting kinda old, ya know. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts