The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Wow beautiful new car for Ian. So sorry for his accident & glad he is OK. Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New year!
Thanks!

This will be his 3rd Miata. The one he wrecked is the same model as the new one, except the new one is 9 years newer and has a retractable hard top instead of the canvas. He learned that Midwest winters and a canvas top aren't the best combination. The new one also has seat heaters. He'll appreciate those too.

j

Florida in the rear view and Georgia on our mind. It is raining cats and dogs.

Florida in the rear view and Georgia on our mind. It is raining cats and dogs.

Boy, I wish we could get a drought some time soon...It's too muddy to even go hunting. Never thought I'd say that but my greenfields are flooded and grass dying due to too much moisture.

Boy, I wish we could get a drought some time soon...It's too muddy to even go hunting. Never thought I'd say that but my greenfields are flooded and grass dying due to too much moisture.

grass dying up here in PA also from the same problem.

Well yesterday got out of work and headed to Harrisburg for the PA Farm Show to grab a bite for dinner. The vendors in the food court were the only ones there, saw some tractors, had a good dinner. I am sure we will head back sometime this week.

Anyone else watch any episodes of Curse of Oak Island? I have never seen a bunch of people trying to make mountains out of mole hills.

"Oh look! That shadow on that rock looks just like the Temple of Soloman!"
"Hey! I found a nail!"
"Look! A dent in the ground!"

I'm all about history, but I just can't help but see in my mind a bunch of kids in the 1700's digging a big hole to hold water to swim in and saying to themselves "I wonder what this will look like in 200 years?"

Oak Island is one of the 2 or 3 shows I won't miss each week. Fascinating all the history, lore and myth on this little island. I've even considered taking a week or a long weekend and visiting one Summer. The problem is the tours sell out in a few hours. Some of the "findings" seem a little fabricated and certainly over dramatized, but still fun to see what they uncover next. Donna and I sit here and poke holes at the overly done. The rocks on Site 24 were probably just an old building foundation or root cellar and it's not surprising they are finding things in the cove. It was likely the best place to bring a boat and with all the people they know that were on the island over the past few hundred years. Of course it's likely something would fall into the water.

Gold Rush is the other one I don't miss.

j

Oh I agree, I watch it without fail for same reason. The money being spent on this thing has gotta be crazy. At least they finally seem to of found a gold coin possibly. Yeah, Smith's Cove has probably had a lot of boat traffic and a lot of stuff dropped.

Haven't picked up on Gold Rush. Have to check that out.

So we have the nephews again this weekend, and it was the last day of the PA Farm Show. So we took them for a bit and they got to pet some of the animals and learn a little about where their food comes from.

20190112_111220_resized.jpg
So this was there also.....

20190112_111239_resized.jpg

20190112_111257_resized.jpg

20190112_123537_resized.jpg

Small part of the annual butter sculpture, something like half ton of butter is used.

20190112_132127_resized.jpg

Mother and calf.

20190112_132356_resized.jpg
Calf standing up after only 3.5 hours alive.

very nice, does it have snow tires on it ??
It does have decent tires on it. He has his custom tires/wheels and exhaust off his old one. He took it off when he put it up for sale, before he wrecked it. I convinced him to leave these factory rims on until after Winter. The exhaust is probably going on this weekend. These things are really quiet from the factory.

I don't know, I kinda like the transport truck myself...
When I was racing, I know a bunch of people that would have paid big dollars for one of those.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter