The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Jim,

Glad Ian is ok. We just got our Suzuki fixed, DW had a deer hit it. The initial estimate was 1600, total bill when done was 5K. Surprised they did not total it out before work started.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Jim,

Glad Ian is ok. We just got our Suzuki fixed, DW had a deer hit it. The initial estimate was 1600, total bill when done was 5K. Surprised they did not total it out before work .
The place we had the car towed said they just had a bunch of cars come in after deer hits. $5000 is a lot of deer damage.

j

The guy that works with me hit a raccoon about 2 months ago in his new Kia Forte, 6800.00 in damage. Last week he gets rear ended by a f-350, 5200.00 in damage.
With that kind of luck, he ought to stick to Kris idea.

I'm pretty sure it is totaled. It doesn't take long for all the little parts to add up. We've been looking online for replacements. There is one he is strongly considering in Clearwater Fl. Air fare is under $100, so I may be taking a quick trip south and drive it back. The one in the pic we found in Kentucky.

j

Last edited:

With that kind of luck, he ought to stick to Kris idea.

I'm pretty sure it is totaled. It does take long for all the little parts to add up. We've been looking online for replacements. There is one he is strongly considering in Clearwater Fl. Air fare is under $100, so I may be taking a quick trip south and drive it back. The one in the pic we found in Kentucky.

j

I've heard it said that the vast majority of airbag deployments are totaled by the insurance company. I know little about any of this, but I'm told the process of replacing those, alone, is extraordinarily expensive.

I'm just glad everyone is ok! Safe travels and good luck hunting for the right replacement!

The place we had the car towed said they just had a bunch of cars come in after deer hits. $5000 is a lot of deer damage.

j

Resized_20181119_064905_5257.jpeg

Deer hit the hood on top, and then the entire side of the car.

That's impressive.

I have never figured out how hitting a deer from the front and destroy the whole side of a car, but I've seen it many times. It's almost like the front snags the deer and whips it around the front corner of the car.

I've heard it said that the vast majority of airbag deployments are totaled by the insurance company.
I've heard the same, especially in a 12 year old car. Only the steering wheel bag deployed, so that might keep the cost down, but there are so many little things up front that have to get replaced, I can't see how it won't be totaled.

j

Got up early and tried a local favorite. Got some donuts from Kim's donut & deli shop. Oh my they re great. Every bit of the heaviest éclair I've ever had was full of cream. The apple fritter is wonderful. If you're ever this way stop by.

That`s funny Denise. We stopped st Krispy Kreme yesterday and pick up some of my favorite donuts. We don't have a KK in my town. The closest is 30 minutes away, so I don't get them often.

Nice way to start the new year.

j

I knew it was bound to happen. Ian checked off 2 "firsts" today. His first ticket and first wreck. The ticket was "failure to reduce speed". I told him he should fight it. He did reduce speed, it just wasn't until he hit the car in front of him. :D

He (and everyone else) is OK. And that's the important part. His Miata is probably totaled. Air bags, antifreeze and plastic parts scattered about. Details are typical of a new driver. Looking where he shouldn't, following a bit too close and not expecting someone to stop for no reason. Learning experience and just glad everyone is fine.

He has been trying to sell the Miata so he could get a newer one with a retractable hard top. Looks like he may be selling it to the insurance company.

View attachment 371049 View attachment 371050

j

Ouch, but I am glad Ian is okay. Some of these life lessons are tough. Ian is such a great person. Happy New Year to all.

Happy New Year to you, Barb.

I just got the email estimate last night. $9,334. That's way over the $8,000 the car is worth.

Good thing. He bought a new one Friday. It should be here on the 12th.

2015 Miata.jpg

j

Wow beautiful new car for Ian. So sorry for his accident & glad he is OK. Hope everyone had a great Christmas & New year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter