The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Yes we are good. We are right in the middle of the two areas that had all the damage. This morning we left to go to Ohio to visit bert’s folks. It stayed fairly peaceful until late. I was asleep by the time the real destruction began. Apparently lots of gun fire too but no one was hit that I know of.

After taking the MH out for a drive last week and listening to things fall in and out of the cabinets I spent the day fixing up the inside. I put shelf lining in all the cabinets ( can’t think what it’s called, it’s the thin cushion type) hopefully that will keep things from sliding around.

I got DW the Gotham copper pots and pans for Christmas and she doesn’t like them so I picked her up a set of the Pioneer Woman pots and pans and put the copper ones in the MH. Also took out the old coffee maker and bought a new Keurig

5B326E70-8D36-446A-B025-5C57E2C5F8C9.jpeg

I was going to lower the shelf to put the new one on but it still wouldn’t fit so it is stored under one of the dinette seats while traveling. Also got a new bagel toaster, plates and bowls. We spent a good 400.00 just on dishes and appliances this weekend.

Also installed a wall mounted fan in the bedroom, cannot sleep without the noise.

78A72947-DDC4-4D14-8E42-F786786007E6.jpeg

The mirror drops down for a shelf that you can put a small tv on, but we won’t be using for that. Here is the new fan. It also has a remote.

4A7DD098-3919-47DB-93AF-6723EE285031.jpeg

And DW can still use the mirror. There is a mounting screw securing it to the wall bracket that I will unscrew and store the fan under the bed during traveling so it won’t pull the mount from the wall.

Still have more things to buy for the inside, baking stone for the oven to help with heat distribution, I was able to find a muffin pan and a cookie sheet to fit in the oven. :dogdance:

Have to get things ready for the first camping trip, June 26 - 28 at Moose River Campground in Danville Vt. Will be following my friend from work that I bought the MH from.

After taking the MH out for a drive last week and listening to things fall in and out of the cabinets I spent the day fixing up the inside. I put shelf lining in all the cabinets ( can’t think what it’s called, it’s the thin cushion type) hopefully that will keep things from sliding around.

I got DW the Gotham copper pots and pans for Christmas and she doesn’t like them so I picked her up a set of the Pioneer Woman pots and pans and put the copper ones in the MH. Also took out the old coffee maker and bought a new Keurig

View attachment 498231

I was going to lower the shelf to put the new one on but it still wouldn’t fit so it is stored under one of the dinette seats while traveling. Also got a new bagel toaster, plates and bowls. We spent a good 400.00 just on dishes and appliances this weekend.

Also installed a wall mounted fan in the bedroom, cannot sleep without the noise.

View attachment 498229

The mirror drops down for a shelf that you can put a small tv on, but we won’t be using for that. Here is the new fan. It also has a remote.

View attachment 498230

And DW can still use the mirror. There is a mounting screw securing it to the wall bracket that I will unscrew and store the fan under the bed during traveling so it won’t pull the mount from the wall.

Still have more things to buy for the inside, baking stone for the oven to help with heat distribution, I was able to find a muffin pan and a cookie sheet to fit in the oven. :dogdance:

Have to get things ready for the first camping trip, June 26 - 28 at Moose River Campground in Danville Vt. Will be following my friend from work that I bought the MH from.
I’ll have to check out what that campground is... I remember you saying you never really camp in VT, so I guess will be a new thing for you too!

I’ll have to check out what that campground is... I remember you saying you never really camp in VT, so I guess will be a new thing for you too!

The lady that I talked to on the phone and the website both say they cater to adults. They do allow kids, there is just nothing for them to do, there’s no pool or rec hall. There is a small river that people take their chairs down to to soak there feet, she said as of now the water is 3-6 inches deep.

The lady that I talked to on the phone and the website both say they cater to adults. They do allow kids, there is just nothing for them to do, there’s no pool or rec hall. There is a small river that people take their chairs down to to soak there feet, she said as of now the water is 3-6 inches deep.
Yah... I looked online and saw the description of the catering to adults... a nice relaxing place for someday at this point for us... lol... but still should be a nice stay along the river.

The rubberized shelf liner does a great job at keeping thigs in place. I found the heaver mat style works better than the lighter stuff.

Nice upgrades overall though.

Summer Stadium Construction Update #1:

Finally got to go for my after-work walk around campus after I punched out of the work laptop late this afternoon. I know the interwebz are quivering while waiting for an update on construction updates on Alabama's football stadium.

The main emphasis of this buildout (which started literally the week after the last home game last fall) is to kick working stiffs like me out of old-fashioned seats in desirable stadium locations (and the old press box that was 50-yard line) and replace them with expensive clubs/suites/rich folk digs. But I ended up getting something out of it: an elevator stack on my corner of the stadium to take me to my upper deck season ticket working stiff seats (my seats weren't messed with).

To the right of the stairwell is two elevator shafts - one for us normies on the upper level and one for the clubbies on the mid-level.

The Walk of Champions, pictured here, is undergoing some changes to move all the previously existing SEC and Nattie Championship marble slabs (with names of accomplishment, players, coaches, etc.) CLOSER TOGETHER than they previously were so that we can make room for more future SEC and National Championship marble slabs.

At least we expect to win more than the 17 Natties already in the Bryant Museum on campus. We're planning ahead.

There's the 2017 Nattie slab ready to be replaced closer to his brothers and cousins.

By my rough estimates, the re-spacing will provide room for another 4-5 National Championship marble slabs (which should get us through the next decade, no?) at which point we can redo this move them even closer together still...

Here is the new tunnel entrance under construction for the team getting off the pre-game bus to walk directly to the team locker room which is located under the big glass windows.

Previously the concrete steps stretched all the way across (where the gravel and tunnel is now) and the team had to enter the stadium through the glass doors up the steps and then go immediately down the steps to the locker room. This kind of inefficiency had to be remedied.

On the far end of my walk (before I turned for home in the humid afternoon weather) was the marching band practice field which is now a full 100-yard artificial turf (with underground drainage). My two sons who were in Million Dollar Band during college had to practice/march on the old grass/mud field in the sun and rain (no lightning). After they left campus the band got the new practice field. It's an old pic (during the construction) but a good view of the field.

CI7t8PqWgAAWMoR

Did I mention that football player OFFICIALLY report to campus on Monday for summer workouts and on-line classes. No? But some of them arrived this past week and are using the band practice field (which is a pretty nice surface if I do say so myself) for some UNOFFICIAL drills together. There were 10 athletic young men on the field as I went by. I took a discrete picture from a distance.

You know they're athletes not only by their fit bods but some of them had the matching athletic shorts and backpacks given to all student athletes on campus. But it's a way for us fans to prepare for fall action. No need to call into the NC2A for infractions becuz it's just the KIDZ working out by themselves.

What a crazy week I've had at work. Glad it's over. That was my chit-chat contribution.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Thanks Ed. I was wondering about running out of national championship space.

Crisis averted.

Meanwhile I found this gem:
098588e5bd8ecd181464de346db6c552313776f2e3949b098bf6ee0bccf0209f_1.jpg.jpg

Moulton?

That's up in NORTH Alabama.

Dang Yankees! :sad2:

PS - and not enough room for Natties? Very few universities have that problem (none other than Alabama). The nouveau riche? Non! Sacre' bleu! Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in while. What about recency bias? (the most recent winner being LSU repeating?) I haven't seen any polls/predictions for that although miracles do happen. <sigh> that's part of the burden of being the Crimson Tide. We've got so many trophies - and more coming in all the time:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter