The Disboards App

It's my understanding the DISboards does not own the old app, they did not create it and have no control over it. The company that did stopped supporting it or responding when problems starting occurring. WebmasterCorey posted about it more than 2.5 years ago. Sounds like they are aware but apparently unable to remove it.

lanejudy - Thank you so much for your response. It sure is a different world out there. I think I see the issue from what you say. Someone decided to write what we used to call a "screen scraper" app - a front end to the DISBoards. But of course that's subject to HUGE maintenance issues - because it has to change every time even the most minor thing changes on the actual source.

So I guess the question - that probably can't be answered - is why it can't be removed. I suspect again that it actually CAN be (somehow) but might take legal action that may not be worth the trouble.

It's a shame because it can on'y hurt DisBoads rep (though I admit not likely by much).

OK - my obsession with this is over, and I'll turn it to something far more worthwhile (trip planning for 2018!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts