The [DIS] Influencer - Medium Story

Ok so is this new article also trying to say that the latest post by Al is also someone inside of Disney trying to get Chapek fired now?

Ok so is this new article also trying to say that the latest post by Al is also someone inside of Disney trying to get Chapek fired now?
Not necessarily trying to get him fired but trying to put the blame for the "failure" of SWGE on him which would then be the cause for his firing if that did indeed happen.

What is going on, still remains to be seen but the Snyder article could also be considered a hit on Al Lutz, after his article last week https://www.micechat.com/233418-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-promising-the-moon/

Posted elsewhere via a CM
"Everyone at the park is still talking about the Lutz update, and it was still the talk at the bar tonight and the managers were saying that the Burbank teams are arriving now to prep for D23 and they are really ticked off at the timing of the Lutz article. It's been reported that the Lutz update hit too close to home with its accuracy and its not the message D23 wants to roll into next weekend with, especially with a lot of East Coast influencers and bloggers arriving this Thursday afternoon. Burbank is ticked off!"

What is going on, still remains to be seen but the Snyder article could also be considered a hit on Al Lutz, after his article last week https://www.micechat.com/233418-miceage-disneyland-rumor-update-promising-the-moon/

Posted elsewhere via a CM
"Everyone at the park is still talking about the Lutz update, and it was still the talk at the bar tonight and the managers were saying that the Burbank teams are arriving now to prep for D23 and they are really ticked off at the timing of the Lutz article. It's been reported that the Lutz update hit too close to home with its accuracy and its not the message D23 wants to roll into next weekend with, especially with a lot of East Coast influencers and bloggers arriving this Thursday afternoon. Burbank is ticked off!"
Oh it certainly was timed because of the reappearance of Lutz and D23.

So does this mean that all of the other grime that we are now being made a party to, is just that grime? Grime to hide where the hit came from?

So does this mean that all of the other grime that we are now being made a party to, is just that grime? Grime to hide where the hit came from?
I have been following this story closely on WDWmagic and it keeps getting more interesting. I don’t know what to believe anymore tho.

I closely follow MC to pass the time whilst saving to visit from the land down under. I swear somebody maybe TP2000 posted the same song on MC last week as this one attached & attributed to TP2000. It has now disappeared from the AL thread on MC. This is severely messing with my head especially now that TP2000 is all "Zen" about PhotoMatt falsely outing him. All is not as it seems thats for sure.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 5.25.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 5.25.32 pm.png
    471.2 KB · Views: 67
Thanks Ryan. I did get the gist of that. But why is this significant now? Or even why was it then? Its a story of corporate politics. Things like that happen all the time.

Perhaps its just somebody rehashing historical information that might be of interest to Disneyphiles?

It would appear that the author is trying to set the narrative for Bob Chapek in the present day castle intrigue.

Also, all of this is indicative that the Disney C-suite is worried enough about SWGE performance, to date, that the palace intrigue is spilling out into the public domain.

Last edited:
i totally agree; this "article" reads like an incoherent screed. this just shows how desperate medium is for hits
The sentiment here is correct, but it's worth noting that Medium isn't a normal magazine or news site per se. While they maintain an editorial department and some regular, exclusive content, anyone with an account can use Medium to host their writing. It's more a platform than a publication. Your point stands though - the writer likely wrote in an inflammatory way to get people's attention.

I think this gives a lot of credence to the idea that the site that shall not be named was purposely given bad information. Either through a canary trap, or just to purposefully discredit him. Wasn't it that site that had the maintenance report? I'm sure the big wigs didn't care for that.

I've also thought many of the people with "inside" information were either an arm of the communications department or directly feed information from there. So that part of the story comes as no surprise. All the corporate politics don't shock me either.

I couldn't finish the article last night. It was an incoherent mess, of half thoughts. Which is exactly how Spirit of 74 used to write like on WDWMagic. He's actually one of the reasons I stopped posting over there, it just turned into Al Lutz hate (and I'm not a fan either), and "I've got better sources than you" hyperbole.

Really didn't see the point of the article, other than to out people, and stir up crap. And the fact that it's all under false names, irks me even more.

I couldn't finish the article last night. It was an incoherent mess, of half thoughts. Which is exactly how Spirit of 74 used to write like on WDWMagic. He's actually one of the reasons I stopped posting over there, it just turned into Al Lutz hate (and I'm not a fan either), and "I've got better sources than you" hyperbole.

Yup. I could have done without someone waking that particular drama llama.

His modus operandi is always to attack the media, and by extension 'media-lite' bloggers as being in the pocket of Disney because, you know, Big Media; or just incompetent, because, you know, those bloggers aint Spirit.

The cult of personality thing he engendered over on WDWMagic got tiresome too.

For all his blather about the Disney-sphere being full of tools or patsies, it's always been pretty damn obvious he has an agenda and many of his 'tidbits' are thinly disguised propaganda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!