The [DIS] Influencer - Medium Story

The funniest thing about this all kicking off in the Disney fan community is that it's so vicious and conspiratorial considering Disney is magical and all that.

I never liked Spirit either to be honest and I'm glad to hear I was the only one.

I’m glad Spirit was outed. I lurked there for years but he was absolutely insufferable. I’ll never understand the adoration he got there.

But watching others get drawn in, accused, silent accounts suddenly active again was definitely an interesting read.

For me the sad thing is I (selfishly) just want a well funded, constantly expanding and improving WDW. I guess new IP and movies as well.

Easy for me to say of course. It's just getting so monstrous, I suppose its all necessary-but what an uncomfortable read that was.

Thank God, I was trying to follow all this over at WDWMagic.com and got totally lost.

Could this be showing how desperate some in Disney are with the results so far from SWGE in DL? I mean, are fears of heads rolling so bad that they have decided to name out potential targets?

Just Wow.

Wait and the article is by WDW1974?? 🤯

EDIT: And I agree that his fan club there is/was completely draining. He for sure had good info but his "I'm better than everyone else" tone was infuriating.
SECOND EDIT: Now I'm thinking back to people saying over the years that Disney had "spies" on social media platforms (i.e. TP2000 I guess)...they were totally right. wow.

Last edited:

EDIT: And I agree that his fan club there is/was completely draining. He for sure had good info but his "I'm better than everyone else" tone was infuriating.
SECOND EDIT: Now I'm thinking back to people saying over the years that Disney had "spies" on social media platforms (i.e. TP2000 I guess)...they were totally right. wow.
It’s by his brother not him. He is certainly involved though.

I’ve had personal experience with 74, this was a hit piece he directed if he didn’t personally write himself, he personally used info I gave him and then sought to discredit me. I wouldn’t believe anything he says due to the fact that what he says maybe true, but the info always has his own personal slant on it. He twists info to suit himself and uses it to stroke his ego. He will steal info from others then try to discredit them with any means necessary. And once he’s done he will push it further. His followers will do what he asks them to do with no questions asked. Just a observation from someone who once tried to pull the wool from peoples eyes, from someone whose personally dealt with him.
Edited,due to spelling, not a English major.

Last edited:
It’s by his brother not him.

Maybe. Maybe not. Obfuscation is his stock in trade.

As a minor player in a major family, he's crafted a narrative (probably with some hints of truth but vastly overstated) that places him at the center of attention, and he found an easy mark in a captive audience that could serve the need of stroking his ego.

As a long-time poster on the site with his most ardent following, this revelation is equal parts comically obvious and excruciatingly pathetic.

Maybe. Maybe not. Obfuscation is his stock in trade.

As a minor player in a major family, he's crafted a narrative (probably with some hints of truth but vastly overstated) that places him at the center of attention, and he found an easy mark in a captive audience that could serve the need of stroking his ego.

As a long-time poster on the site with his most ardent following, this revelation is equal parts comically obvious and excruciatingly pathetic.
I’m adding obfuscation to my word arsenal!

all I know after going over the thread on WDWMagic which I frequent, and am familiar with WDW74's postings, it does seem in that range.

Someone somewhere has a major agenda going on, and I think it's too early to say almost anything definitive from that, but I don't believe that there would be a long-term campaign to portray Al Lutz by other people without his involvement at all.

There is a difference in a spy and a plant. Disney would be insane to not spy on these massive fan sites that have extreme amounts of influence on existing and potential fans. I mean, no new guest is going to be able to plan a successful trip to Disney using nothing but their website. They are going to end up at places like this, Touring Plans, Micechat, etc. Disney has a corporate duty to know what people are saying at those places.

It sounds like the article was basically saying TP2000 was a plant, feeding propaganda to the masses to control the narrative (I have no idea, since I rarely go to those forums). On sites on this it is easy to develop a cult of personality, especially with someone that continuously has "insider" information.

There is also the third option, the guy works at Disney and likes to post about Disney. I used to work for an Airline and now work for a major aerospace company, I love talking about the industry, but I am not a spy or plant (I also never discuss anything directly related to my employers online).

I think that Spirit is definitely involved. How much is anyone's guess.

Spirit often had solid facts but his opinions were too biased. It often became a game to figure out where reality ended and opinion started.

Now as for TP2000... ?

It sounds like the article was basically saying TP2000 was a plant, feeding propaganda to the masses to control the narrative (I have no idea, since I rarely go to those forums). On sites on this it is easy to develop a cult of personality, especially with someone that continuously has "insider" information.

The one thing I've never understood is when a new poster pops up and has all this inside info. Then they disappear. It seems to happen a lot....at least it did.

I had contacts within, but most of the stuff I got wasn't "news worthy." Like - there's a new web page coming for the Haunted Mansion type stuff. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!