The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Checking in here. This past month has been super busy. I have not eaten great, nor been able to hit play for some workout with my beachbody on demand. I have been busy with working two jobs, trying to get everything ready and organized for the daughter's bridal shower/bachelorette party the same night. I planned to use most of the decorations that we are taking to Mexico with us for the wedding, and I got most of them completed for the shower. I also came down with that dreadful crud two weeks ago. That kicked my butt and caused me to fall behind of getting the decorations completed. I did get them done...with a couple of late nights of working on things.

The scale has went down a little more which is good. And I'm hoping that now that it looks like spring has arrived...I'll be able to get outside and get walking some of the trails around the city to get my butt moving again. My food is better again this week...and I hope to keep it up. Momma needs feel better about wearing a bathing suit and that dreaded Mother of the Bride dress ( which i'm having trouble finding ) So I'll keep chugging along.

I did put on a pair of capris this morning that were too small last summer and they fit comfortably :cheer2: :woohoo: So hopefully I'll be able to do some shopping for summer wear in my closet instead of stores :flower:

I was out today to hit up Rexall to snag some cash miles (and get in my steps of course, that's the real reason :P ) and since i was waiting for hubby to pick me up so i didn't need to take the bus home again i decided to pop into Reitman's OMG, so glad i did!! I found some great "outside-of-the-box" options for a BATHING SUIT!!! Supposed to be for yoga according to the website but I won't tell anyone if you don't :rotfl2: Made from that material that dries super quick for travelling as well. I bought the top today since it was on sale plus extra 40% off and tried on the skorts & shorts that I'll order online! The top has a built in bra type thing and since it's sewn to the top I need an engineering degree to figure out how to put it on :scratchin

reitmans_416415_641_0.jpg
reitmans_416415_641_1.jpg
reitmans_418806_309_0.jpg
reitmans_419602_1_0.jpg

Checking in here. This past month has been super busy. I have not eaten great, nor been able to hit play for some workout with my beachbody on demand. I have been busy with working two jobs, trying to get everything ready and organized for the daughter's bridal shower/bachelorette party the same night. I planned to use most of the decorations that we are taking to Mexico with us for the wedding, and I got most of them completed for the shower. I also came down with that dreadful crud two weeks ago. That kicked my butt and caused me to fall behind of getting the decorations completed. I did get them done...with a couple of late nights of working on things.

The scale has went down a little more which is good. And I'm hoping that now that it looks like spring has arrived...I'll be able to get outside and get walking some of the trails around the city to get my butt moving again. My food is better again this week...and I hope to keep it up. Momma needs feel better about wearing a bathing suit and that dreaded Mother of the Bride dress ( which i'm having trouble finding ) So I'll keep chugging along.

I did put on a pair of capris this morning that were too small last summer and they fit comfortably :cheer2: :woohoo: So hopefully I'll be able to do some shopping for summer wear in my closet instead of stores :flower:

I went for something super casual for our daughter's wedding, love it! Rolls up in a ball and comes out unwrinkled, everyone commented on it and it was so comfy to wear when I had so many other things to worry about. She actually pick it out for me instead of some of the traditional looking crap i thought i had to wear!
upload_2019-3-20_18-13-53.png

I went for something super casual for our daughter's wedding, love it! Rolls up in a ball and comes out unwrinkled, everyone commented on it and it was so comfy to wear when I had so many other things to worry about. She actually pick it out for me instead of some of the traditional looking crap i thought i had to wear!

lol. I'm soooo with you on the not formal dresses that many wear. I want comfort and not look like i'm 85. I'm a young mother of the bride, so it has been a little harder than I thought it would have been. I did find one at Laura...super comfy to wear, and it won't matter how many sweet, ice laden drinks I have before the wedding...if I gain 5-10 lbs due to eating and drinking too much or water retention from swelling up in the hot Mexican heat...it will still fit and be comfortable. It's long and flowy so the breeze will help to keep me cool lol.

@Donald - my hero , that's a really nice photo of you and your daughter on her wedding day.
There are several others i prefer but they didn't show the dress as well .. this is one of my favourites, the pure joy on her face is awesome! (my nekkid toes are kinda cute too :P ) She couldn't reach her shoes!
upload_2019-3-21_18-9-57.png
And this is just shows what we both looked like ALL DAY LONG! It was truly the best day of my life(and the people who refuse to acknowledge how happy her wife makes her can just suck a lemon!)
upload_2019-3-21_18-12-50.png

Checking in
I have struggled to get back into my daily dance routine but a 5 am leg cramp got me up and into a early start today. Might be cyst swelling and leaking fluid,,leg just felt like cold water running down it.
Time to make time for me again.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Checking in
I have struggled to get back into my daily dance routine but a 5 am leg cramp got me up and into a early start today. Might be cyst swelling and leaking fluid,,leg just felt like cold water running down it.
Time to make time for me again.
Hugs
Mel
I hope your leg is feeling better today Mel. Definitely time to reset and make time for you .

I’ve been walking like crazy with the better weather. Our move put me in a much better location to walk for all my errands. I am walking 40 -60 minutes every weekday.

I feel like I could use some in person support for the weight loss aspect as well. I do weight watchers online, but it gets pretty pricey to upgrade to the membership that includes the weekly meetings. I went to another program group last week to check it out. It’s very inexpensive and everyone was so nice but I’m not sure it was the right fit for me. I do have to join if I go again this week. It costs for a year what weight watchers costs for a month of in person meetings. I’d like to make that work if I can. I could join the gym with the money saved.

I’m doing well with healthy choices and planning meals but I have to do better with the emotional eating . If I’m tired or frustrated or feeling down I’m not doing well and just eat whatever I feel like. We are a busy busy family and the reality is that we are often tired or rushed. I have to plan better for those times.

But .. the bottom line is , I’m still here , I’m still making changes, I’m trying , and I’m not giving up.

Last edited:
Your post is so well timed. I just increased my distance on the treadmill this morning as I also want to get some better results out of all this effort. I wish I lived in an area like yours where I could walk to do my errands. Heck I wish I lived in an area that still didn't have snow on the ground.

I agree about the emotional eating. That's what got me into this mess years ago. I will make note to stop myself before I jump for the bad things when feeling stressed.

Fortunately most of my stress is coming to an end as DS3 will be graduating from college in the next few weeks. A few weeks ago it was going to be another year before he could finish but he found a way to graduate this year. I just need to keep him on track for a few more weeks. He has learning challenges and gets easily distracted by his video games. I feel like a broken record and don't really like bugging him but he needs the refocus (eye on the prize) every so often.

Like you I'm not giving up. Maybe I should change the title of the thread to DIS Fit, I'm not giving up!

Sunday check in......................

Pigletto I am so happy you are settling into your new home,and taking time for daily walks,,good for you Hon!
Ottawamom congrats on upping the treadmill distance,,well done!
I decided that I needed,deserved ,wanted, had to have,,, popcorn last night----let's just say I know better but hugged the toilet bowl for an hour.
Back to eating healthy today.

I haven't used the step calculator this week,,,just too many complications with my legs.
I am going to see the doctor this week and hopefully slowly build back up the steps.
Right now I am doing a lot of stretching exercises.

On a good news note I had an eye exam and the eyes look good except for *Dry Eyes* doctor suggested ,15 min eye mask each evening and eye drops once a day.
Work is zooming along and I think I am due to take a *ME* day this week to get some personal things that I've been putting off done.
Where in the world did that snowfall come from,,,,it is almost April mother nature! Well it can melt because I am refusing to shovel anymore snow.
Have a great Sunday everyone and
keep moving!
Hugs
Mel

Checking in. Sadly have not been keeping up with anything! Starting April 1st though I am hopeful. I have meals planned for the week so it should be doable to at least eat well. The weather looks to be improving after yesterdays snow/freezing rain (why!!!) so I should be able to get outside and move! I booked another cruise for December 2020 so another reason to get moving, and focus on meal planning to save some money. I swore I wouldn't cruise again in December, it's too hard to manage Christmas planning, but the price was right.

You can do it @hdrolfe. One foot in front of the other. Baby steps and you'll get there.

I agree the weather in this city sucks. I am so down with winter at the moment. There's still too much snow in the back yard although Mickey and Minnie have now made a full reappearance. I will have to put them away for the summer soon.

I was actually planning on making a raised garden planter table for the summer to give growing fresh lettuce a try. We've got rabbits in the neighourhood and this seems like it might be the only way. Nothing like going out into the garden and picking lettuce for tonights dinner. We'll see if it happens. When I add up the cost to make the darn thing it's probably cheaper to just pick up organic lettuce at the store.

We have so many rabbits! A mama actually had two litters of babies in my backyard... one poor baby was found by my puppy who was only a few months old at the time and thought he'd found a fun new toy. She still had the second litter in the same spot!!! I put up fencing to keep puppy out, but man that was stressful for me. I have a garden, it didn't do that well last year but we did get some beans, zucchini and tomatoes. I hope to expand it a bit this year. I tried lettuce and swiss chard one year but there were so many earwigs in it I just couldn't eat it... so I stick to other veggies now :) I had hoped to get an early start and plant some radishes as soon as the ground thawed, but there is still so much snow back there. Maybe I'll be able to do it by May?

My sister bought a raised garden planter table, she loves it. I am not sure where she got it from but I believe I have seen them on Lee Valley tools site, and possibly Walmart? They seem to be about $100 though, so if you can build one cheaper that would make sense! Just remember it's for more than one year :) You can use it for many years to come! What about one like this? https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/vegtrug-classic-poppy-raised-garden-planter-blue/6000197967944

That looks like a nice one. I was thinking of something in the 24x48" or 24x36" size to start. DH just loves making me my little projects (not) but my birthday is coming up so I'll see if he will do it for me.

The last time we had a garden my thought at the end was it would just be cheaper to go to the store and buy the stuff. We just fed the local wildlife. I think its time to try again. If the veggies don't work I'll plant strawberries for next year.

I was out today to hit up Rexall to snag some cash miles (and get in my steps of course, that's the real reason :P ) and since i was waiting for hubby to pick me up so i didn't need to take the bus home again i decided to pop into Reitman's OMG, so glad i did!! I found some great "outside-of-the-box" options for a BATHING SUIT!!! Supposed to be for yoga according to the website but I won't tell anyone if you don't :rotfl2: Made from that material that dries super quick for travelling as well. I bought the top today since it was on sale plus extra 40% off and tried on the skorts & shorts that I'll order online! The top has a built in bra type thing and since it's sewn to the top I need an engineering degree to figure out how to put it on :scratchin

reitmans_416415_641_0.jpg
reitmans_416415_641_1.jpg
reitmans_418806_309_0.jpg
reitmans_419602_1_0.jpg
This would be great for those water rides that get you soaked too! A couple of years ago I bought skorts from Costco that are quick dry for water ride days. Splash Mtn in DL gets you drenched much more than WDW version.

This would be great for those water rides that get you soaked too! A couple of years ago I bought skorts from Costco that are quick dry for water ride days. Splash Mtn in DL gets you drenched much more than WDW version.

I bought board shorts for a cruise last year and wish I had worn them when we did Splash last year! We got soaked and the shorts I was in took forever to dry. I tried to dry them but it didn't seem to work. I think we went to breakfast at BOG after the ride and I was still wet. Quick dry clothes are what I am buying for this year's trip! My whole shirt was the same grey as the dry bits of kiddos... I couldn't believe how wet we got!
after splash mountain.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!