The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Marchingstar
Hmmm DVC
Disney Timeshare
Difference --regular timeshares are usually fixed weeks,,Disney's is a point system based on seasons,
Adventure,Choice, Dream, Magic, Premier, season.
example of 2020 chart here
https://www.**********.com/2020-dvc-point-charts/
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/DVCpoints.shtml

Spend 6 months on the DVC forums here on the DIS and ask lots of questions before deciding to buy in.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-vacation-club-forums.200/
Have a look at TUG (Timeshare Users Group).
https://tug2.com/Home.aspx?gclid=Cj...VFRh_eop9bYQVlh2PaCREI7dmrLufdARoC4M4QAvD_BwE

Disney Guides are really Disney timeshare sales people.

Yearly dues will go up each year (due Jan each year),,this year was a shock for AKV 10% increase.
When choosing a home resort choose one that if you could only stay there you'd be ok with that.
Don't look at any Perks,discounts etc they offer as being permanent as Perks can disappear at anytime.

Lots of resale places out there
I am not sure I can post them here.
Timeshare store is the a DIS sponsor so:
http://www.dvcstore.com/dvc-listings.cfm
dvc resale market
Google DVC resale .

Try renting out points and never buy into a resort without first visiting and staying there,,amazes me that people do this,,,I mean would you buy a house without looking at it?
David is Canadian and is well known on the DIS,,I've rented points from him.
Our Mort from the Airmiles thread is well versed in renting DVC and also owns DVC.
David's
https://www.dvcrequest.com/

Why DVC for me.
I never had the opportunity to take a holiday or trip for most of my life.
I made taking a break a priority in my life,,I learned that life sometimes sends us some curveballs to deal with.
I was scared to buy in and spent a year researching it and also visited every DVC resort one trip.
My dad has since passed on but at the time I knew he was against Timeshares in general and if I didn't have an answer to his questions then
he's be very disappointed in me.
I am somewhat frugal so I decided that buying a 39 point contract at OKW to start. I also wanted to pay cash for DVC,,,no credit.
By banking and borrowing it would get me 117 points and we took our first family trip,,,I've created a monster as my sons now only stay in VERY ritzy hotels.(My Resort Snobs),,,lol.

That's about all I can think of
Hugs to you
Mel

thanks for all the detail!! i’m really glad for you that you have made travel such a priority now. everyone is a kid at disney, right!?

dvc isn’t in my near-future af all it’s just something on my way way off horizon. i’ll start looking into it though. thanks for the suggested directions :flower1:

I'm tired. Very tired. this cold and winter are taking it out of me. I tend to get SAD in the winter, and this one seems long already, perhaps because I don't have a winter trip to look forward to? We've gone away the past 4 years and this year's trip isn't until August. Work has been driving me crazy, my boss is just so frustrating. She is a stickler for some rules for some people and for other people it's a free for all. No one can keep track. So. The past week hasn't been great, food or walking wise. I hope this week will be better but I did not work out today. I'm not even sure what food is in the house for lunches tomorrow, I think we have some hot dogs for kiddo, I will have a shake or something I guess. I need to get groceries, but have no money, so it has to wait until Wednesday. We do have stuff in the house, I just can't think what to do with any of it. Any way. I'll keep going and trying, and hopefully the weather will cooperate on Wednesday and I'll be able to get some healthy groceries that will last. My birthday is this week too, which is not really going to be a celebration or anything. I have a meeting with the school/new VP/social worker to discuss kiddo's progress this year. Should be fun times. Is 8 too early for bed?

It'll be sunny soon and things will seem better. There's a reason February is such a short month. We need to get through it quick and on into spring. 8pm is never too early for bed (is that for your or the kiddo). My guess is you're probably fighting off some kind of bug that's going around at the moment (on top of your SAD). A couple of early nights and hopefully you'll have more energy.

Get back into doing the workouts slowly, maybe some of it was too much too soon?

Hope the meeting at the school goes well. You know your kid best. Be his advocate (if needed).

On the bright side you're not turning my age this year (now that's depressing!). Celebrate your youth.:bday:

No need for me to check in ---
activity? minimal, embarrassingly little
food? meh, nothing special IP is getting a good work-out and i love being able to decide at 4:30 to make stew and be eating it at 6
liquids? the nightly treks to the bathroom would say excellent
motivation? NONE
sleep? dismal

Move along, nothing to see here :P

sticking around is a big something!

for me, i am just reminding myself that it’s
important to distinguish excuses from explanations. it’s darn cold. for me, i think a drop in activity is waaaaay better than doing something dangerous like walking in the bitter cold.

My future activities - today when I was cleaning up the downstairs space I found my old dance mat for my Wii game so I am thinking of getting that going again and doing a little dancing. I just have to find space upstairs to set it up and see if it still works. I can be the old person my nephew says that I am and use the old Wii games that are for old people because new kids don't use that game anymore. Let's dance.

Snow day! Or I think it's really a "roads are stupid slippery with giant puddles your car could disappear into" day. In any case, I'm at home with kiddo who I have not yet woken up. Probably should, perhaps then he'd go to bed before 9:30. Any way! Waiting to see if my boss will let me work from home, she has suddenly developed a new set of rules, but I did all the courses years ago, and redid the checklists just for her... so we'll see I guess!

Vitamin D! - thanks @bababear_50 for the reminder, I used to take lots of that stuff but haven't been taking anything lately. Since I decided I am too old to have another kid I stopped all the vitamins I was on, but probably shouldn't have stopped that one! I couldn't find mine in the cupboard but have some for the kid so I took a double dose of his and will get to Rexall this week to pick up some more! Not today, cause - puddles. I could order from amazon I guess, I have prime so they'll be here quick. Or Well.ca but that'll take awhile. Rexall might be best, for the airmiles. I'm sure I could put together a $60 order and get 120 AM (email coupon and LnG offer). I'll think on that.

I will try and do a workout later, perhaps on lunch if I'm allowed to work, or whenever if I'm not! Might shovel off the back deck for the puppy again, he seems to not go far from the door to do his business and with the melting I'm worried he'll track that in. Can't really blame him, he's less than 20lbs, only about 18 inches tall? Maybe? And the snow off the deck is a good 3 feet, so he'd be lost in it. Guess I'll start working and see what the boss has to say later.

Snow day! Or I think it's really a "roads are stupid slippery with giant puddles your car could disappear into" day. In any case, I'm at home with kiddo who I have not yet woken up. Probably should, perhaps then he'd go to bed before 9:30. Any way! Waiting to see if my boss will let me work from home, she has suddenly developed a new set of rules, but I did all the courses years ago, and redid the checklists just for her... so we'll see I guess!

Vitamin D! - thanks @bababear_50 for the reminder, I used to take lots of that stuff but haven't been taking anything lately. Since I decided I am too old to have another kid I stopped all the vitamins I was on, but probably shouldn't have stopped that one! I couldn't find mine in the cupboard but have some for the kid so I took a double dose of his and will get to Rexall this week to pick up some more! Not today, cause - puddles. I could order from amazon I guess, I have prime so they'll be here quick. Or Well.ca but that'll take awhile. Rexall might be best, for the airmiles. I'm sure I could put together a $60 order and get 120 AM (email coupon and LnG offer). I'll think on that.

I will try and do a workout later, perhaps on lunch if I'm allowed to work, or whenever if I'm not! Might shovel off the back deck for the puppy again, he seems to not go far from the door to do his business and with the melting I'm worried he'll track that in. Can't really blame him, he's less than 20lbs, only about 18 inches tall? Maybe? And the snow off the deck is a good 3 feet, so he'd be lost in it. Guess I'll start working and see what the boss has to say later.

Currently Rexall has a special on vitamins: buy one get one 50%, spend $25 get 30 AM We've found that when they have these specials the system seems to give you 50% the second bottle scanned, regardless of which is cheaper so watch your math!

Count me in the SAD group as well, I really struggle with the lack of sunlight this time of year brings. I've tried using a SAD lamp but it played havoc with my moods! Brought on a manic phase that was not expected at that time of year because i couldn't figure out the best time of day to use it and my body couldn't decide when it was supposed to sleep, so it chose, NEVER! It's a pain because it leads to intense cravings for carbs, i could live on pasta, taters & bread at this time of year. I feel your pain & understand how hard it is to champion thru.

In response to an email I received from my Aunt, I went down a rabbit hole of family genealogy today back to the mid 1800's. Then I made the mistake of asking my brother a question related to family memorabilia and his answer blew my mood for the rest of the day. Needless to say, I only got one workout in. It was puddle city out there this morning so I didn't walk the dog. Then I stress ate a bunch of Halloween Oh Henry bars (thank goodness they are small). Today was a "two steps back" kind of day.

Tomorrows another day, I'll start over.

In response to an email I received from my Aunt, I went down a rabbit hole of family genealogy today back to the mid 1800's. Then I made the mistake of asking my brother a question related to family memorabilia and his answer blew my mood for the rest of the day. Needless to say, I only got one workout in. It was puddle city out there this morning so I didn't walk the dog. Then I stress ate a bunch of Halloween Oh Henry bars (thank goodness they are small). Today was a "two steps back" kind of day.

Tomorrows another day, I'll start over.

i’m right there with you. for the last week, it’s been way too cold for walks with my baby/family but i’ve at least been walking to work on my own. today i drove. i have hardly moved my body at all this week.

tomorrow is another day. warmer weather is coming.

I skated over to the mailbox this afternoon, at least I didn't have to swim I guess? Ice under water, I hope the city comes to clear the drains on the side streets, I am not sure where they are, or how to clear them to be honest. Wishing we had some chocolate in the house. Oh well! I have decided to get my hair cut with the money my parents gave me for my birthday, cut short. I'll do the colour myself later. I haven't actually gone for a haircut in a few years, I've been trimming it myself so this is a treat. Just need to find a place and time that I can actually go! I don't like to leave kiddo home alone for that long, so I'll need to figure it out I guess.

Tomorrow is another day! And pay day for me so a good one :)

I was watching TV in the den and reviewing the flyers. My PVR froze up and refuses to reboot. I guess I'll have to go downstairs and walk on Buzz if I want to watch my morning show. AI the machines are taking over! (Artificial Intelligence)

Well I almost got stuck getting out of the driveway, there is a hill of ice at the end. I chipped away as much as I could then just went for it. Not sure I'll be able to get back in later... we'll see!! This was after sitting in the driveway yelling at my kid about the fact he has to go to daycare (I actually called him an idiot, and now feel terribly guilty). I wish I had some coffee, or bacon, and that I didn't have to work. Ah well! Life goes on I guess... The ice clearing will probably be my workout later today. Depends how much snow actually falls. Maybe I should buy a thing of salt and just pour it all over the ice. Wonder how long that would take to melt? probably damage everything. I am not sure I care about the lawn at this point though. Ugh. I am not into winter this year!

So my idea of exercise for today was to walk to Staples and Bulk Barn and then stop at Tim Hortons for my first roll up the rim cup but the freezing rain has put an end to that. If I do go out today it will be in a car driven by somebody else. I am going to offer to buy my brother a Timmies if he drives me out. I will get my exercise slip sliding thru the parking lot and then walking the long aisles at Walmart. I guess that either shovelling or salting the driveway and sidewalks will be some type of exercise.
For everybody who has to go out there be careful and don't fall. I read somewhere to walk like a penguin - knees slightly bent and don't take long strides - little steps to keep your distribution of weight even. So go be penguins - oh and walk tall

You are totally welcome drop your son off here, my kids would love to play video games with him while you get your haircut! (I promise I'm not a weirdo, I'm a registered social worker and a beaver scouter so have an updated police check too). I'm in Beaverbrook, not too far from you I think?

I skated over to the mailbox this afternoon, at least I didn't have to swim I guess? Ice under water, I hope the city comes to clear the drains on the side streets, I am not sure where they are, or how to clear them to be honest. Wishing we had some chocolate in the house. Oh well! I have decided to get my hair cut with the money my parents gave me for my birthday, cut short. I'll do the colour myself later. I haven't actually gone for a haircut in a few years, I've been trimming it myself so this is a treat. Just need to find a place and time that I can actually go! I don't like to leave kiddo home alone for that long, so I'll need to figure it out I guess.

Tomorrow is another day! And pay day for me so a good one :)

@hdrolfe , Happy Birthday! Hope your trip to the school was successful. Enjoy this piece of virtual cake (no calories).

happy-birthday-cards50.jpg

@hdrolfe , Happy Birthday! Hope your trip to the school was successful. Enjoy this piece of virtual cake (no calories).

happy-birthday-cards50.jpg

The school visit was good. Things have improved since school started back after Christmas, we talked about some things we can try to do to improve them more, and I only cried once :) (I'm a crier, about like everything lol). Basically kiddo gets into this angry state and takes a long time to calm himself back down. So he needs strategies to calm down faster, and without swearing at the teachers. I hope they come up with some ideas because everything I suggest to him makes him mad.

That looks like some good cake! I had a brownie that was good, and tomorrow I get back on track. I have to get some groceries! I got a few things at lunch today but it was limited by having to keep stuff in the trunk all afternoon. My friend at work did take me to McDonalds for lunch, and I ate fries! But they were so good. Back on track tomorrow :)

I hope everyone had a great day! I know there is still some winter weather problems out there, hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

Warning Vent:
Some people have NO social filter .
At the end of last year we all went for a big staff get together at a local pub.
So this Coworker hears me talking about an upcoming Birthday and she say,,,*Your How Old! *Oh I thought you were ALOT older than that*,right in front of my other co-workers.
The other day sitting in the staffroom she plunks herself down beside me,,I was looking at my step counter on my phone. I was happy that I was at 3600 and ready to head home and up those steps. She pulls out her phone and say Oh I'm at 7,000 steps without trying..................
Honestly I felt so defeated..........BUT today I got up and said you are going to do what is the BEST you can for you,,and to H%ll with what anyone else says or does.Today I am at a little over 6,000 and I did push myself with alot of right knee pain but I am proud of myself cause I am moving.

Thanks for letting natter on
Hugs
Mel

The school visit was good. Things have improved since school started back after Christmas, we talked about some things we can try to do to improve them more, and I only cried once :) (I'm a crier, about like everything lol). Basically kiddo gets into this angry state and takes a long time to calm himself back down. So he needs strategies to calm down faster, and without swearing at the teachers. I hope they come up with some ideas because everything I suggest to him makes him mad.

That looks like some good cake! I had a brownie that was good, and tomorrow I get back on track. I have to get some groceries! I got a few things at lunch today but it was limited by having to keep stuff in the trunk all afternoon. My friend at work did take me to McDonalds for lunch, and I ate fries! But they were so good. Back on track tomorrow :)

I hope everyone had a great day! I know there is still some winter weather problems out there, hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!
Enjoy your Day!
Hugs
Mel

Mel, that's the point of this thread. We are all just trying to move more tomorrow than we did today. If not we'll try and get there the next day. That's the main reason I don't feel comfortable joining a gym. Way too competitive.

Take it at your own pace. Try to do a little more each week. Remember baby steps:tiptoe::tiptoe:. Our goal is to be a little healthier today than we were yesterday. Tell your co-worker to go stuff herself (in your mind at least, I know you can't say it)

hdrolfe, your son sounds a lot like my youngest. He went to Catholic school and one day he got so upset with his teacher he told him he was evil (big no-no in a catholic school I guess). The teacher took it as a huge insult (I got called in). DS was just trying to use his words to express his frustration. He was 7 at the time. I thought he did pretty well. I mean he didn't swear at him. We found out a year or so later that he has a learning disability and was likely just very frustrated.

To this day everything I suggest to my son generates an initial angry response. Once he's had time to process what I'm saying he usually sees the point. Fortunately he has learned to bottle up his frustration when out in public. I just get it at home (and that's ok, he needs to be able to vent).

I would kill for some McDonalds fries. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!