The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

If you like the cookies, once made, @Donald - my hero post the recipe and I'll add it to the recipe section.

I LOVE these cookies but like most of my recipes I've tweaked it to suit my needs -- it sorta follows the one i found. I used to LOVE using Pinterest but it now just irks me to no end! Why does everyone insist on putting videos in their posts so that my computer sounds like it is gonna blow a gasket????? Here's the link to the recipe's "print" page. My tweaks were switching the chocolate chip for pumpkin seeds and using my smaller cookie scoop. I did add the vanilla & slightly squooshed them down with my hand. I used the Kirkland brand of Almond butter from Costco and needed to dump it into a bowl to get it mixed properly before I used it because it was waaay too runny at first. I ended up with way more cookies than the recipe says --- i think 3 dozen but I've already eaten a ton of them so not sure :rolleyes1

Flourless Almond Butter Cookies

I LOVE these cookies but like most of my recipes I've tweaked it to suit my needs -- it sorta follows the one i found. I used to LOVE using Pinterest but it now just irks me to no end! Why does everyone insist on putting videos in their posts so that my computer sounds like it is gonna blow a gasket????? Here's the link to the recipe's "print" page. My tweaks were switching the chocolate chip for pumpkin seeds and using my smaller cookie scoop. I did add the vanilla & slightly squooshed them down with my hand. I used the Kirkland brand of Almond butter from Costco and needed to dump it into a bowl to get it mixed properly before I used it because it was waaay too runny at first. I ended up with way more cookies than the recipe says --- i think 3 dozen but I've already eaten a ton of them so not sure :rolleyes1

Flourless Almond Butter Cookies

This is pretty much the same as the flourless peanut butter cookies you can make - egg, sugar, peanut butter (no baking soda in those ones). They tend to be a very soft cookie, so I'm guessing this is similar? I don't love crunchy cookies.

This is pretty much the same as the flourless peanut butter cookies you can make - egg, sugar, peanut butter (no baking soda in those ones). They tend to be a very soft cookie, so I'm guessing this is similar? I don't love crunchy cookies.
EXACTLY! They taste very similar but not quite as "dry" in my opinion if that makes any sense. How crunchy they end up depends on how quickly you respond to the timer on your phone ....:rolleyes1

Well this week was definitely more challenging than last week with food. Being stuck in the house and restless made it harder. It was better than it has been but not good by any means.
However, today is a new day , and I have you all for accountability. So today I plan out my meals for the day, and I get back on track. Sunday is a post birthday dinner for me with my extended family and I have zero say over the menu, so I will need to save my points for that. I can however limit portions.
On weight watchers the most successful members all plan their meals. Many people do weekend cooking to get things ready for the week when they are busier. I think that’s something I wuould benefit from. We are moving houses on March 1st and with work, organizing, and packing a whole house I run the risk of too much take out and really bad choices. I’m going to do an afternoon of cooking this weekend to have healthy meals at the ready.
Walking will restart this weekend as soon as it’s a tad warmer and the dogs want to go out.

Happy Friday everyone ! I hope you have a great weekend! :sunny:

Good morning! It's super cold again, promising to warm up over the weekend (and I'm sure flood next week when it gest above 0). I will try and get some walking in tonight. My knee is feeling better finally. I thought I should ice it but it was so cold I didn't want to... :)

Meal planned for me tonight, though kiddo will get McDonalds. I'll do groceries tomorrow and plan next week over the weekend. I do track my meals the day before at least, and have a rough lunch/dinner ideas for the week based on groceries. Breakfast is usually the same thing, two eggs and a slice of toast. Boring! I have been doing overnight oats with berries and using chia seeds. It's like 5 points! But it is a nice snack to bring to work instead of more coffee (or raiding the vending machine). I think a chocolate bar or bag of chips would be more points, and less satisfying. I find I have to plan everything out or I'll need to get more groceries part way through the week, and that never works out for me. I always mean to stop on my way home, get in the car, and just don't feel like it any more. I can't go at lunch lately because it's so cold everything would freeze, and in summer it's too hot. Any way. Work in progress!

I am just jumping into this thread now. Was gone on a cruise when it started. :)

Last summer I started my fitness track simply by watching CrossFit Games documentaries on Netflix, lol. I seriously just watched them over and over for 2 weeks until I was completely pumped to start working out. Then I started using the Sweat app by Kayla Itsines and did home workouts for a few weeks. The workouts were only 30 mins (stuff like squats, lunges, and push-ups) and killed me but it was only 30 mins and l felt good after and I would even do the workouts while watching CrossFit vids to stay pumped. Next my husband and I joined a small gym and got hooked on going. We have become friends with all of the other families and trainers there. I did a combo of the home workouts and gym workouts at first. Then I switched from the Sweat program to the PWR program by Kelsey Wells in the same app to do more gym based workouts. Eventually I was doing 1.5 - 2 hrs workouts 5x a week just because I was having fun at the gym and loving the way I felt mid-way through and after a great workout. 2 months ago, I added in Olympic Weightlifting training with a pro-trainer and now spend two 2hr sessions a week learning how to snatch and clean and jerk in addition to my regular gym a few times a week. I was going to add in CrossFit for cardio but last night at my lifting class my trainer added in speed-ladder work and box jumps so I think I'm going build up some cardio just there. :)

My goal had been to get in shape for the cruise and I made some good headway and we even worked out most days on the cruise. Next up is to cut some calories to shred a bit and to reveal some of the muscle I put on. I am one week into the shred now that vacation is over. Normally in the past I would start trying to lose weight one month before a trip so it was such a better experience to start 6 months out. I can't wait to see what progress I make in the next 6 months. Looking forward to staying motivated with all of you.

FLVacationGirl your journey so far sounds amazing. I don't know if I'll ever get "that" into exercising but stranger things have happened. Glad you've joined us. I'll live vicariously through your weight loss and training reports. I don't know if I'll get past walking and that's OK at my age.

FLVacationGirl your journey so far sounds amazing. I don't know if I'll ever get "that" into exercising but stranger things have happened. Glad you've joined us. I'll live vicariously through your weight loss and training reports. I don't know if I'll get past walking and that's OK at my age.

Too funny! Yeah, I can't believe I went from just watching people to work out to doing what I am doing right now. It's a weird but good feeling! Walking is absolutely fantastic by the way!!

My daughter just shared this on FB and i knew right away i had to put it here, it just spoke to me. It belongs here -- we need to remind ourselves that we are more than our refection in the mirror (PS & BTW, she didn't write this, just shared it)

upload_2019-2-1_14-0-44.png

So I finally got back on the scales (try not to torture myself with ups and downs all the time), and 5 pounds gone in January. (I don't say lost, I don't want them to find their way back!). I'm learning just to try and make small changes whenever possible/reasonable, so I don't deprive myself and beat myself up when I make old choices...

Ok
I am actually having fun
Dancing!
Up to almost 6000 steps today and no pain.
Hugs
Mel

Good article here
http://www.healthmonitor.com/osteoarthritis/written-article/yes-you-can-dance-arthritis
The other day I wasn't able to get to the gym and I really wanted to do this in the living room. However dh was hosting the guys for poker and I really didn't want to worry about anyone coming from the basement to use the bathroom or get something from the kitchen and walk by me. Although maybe my awesome dance moves would have distracted them from their game and hubby would've won all their money... hmmmm. LOL JK.

So I finally got back on the scales (try not to torture myself with ups and downs all the time), and 5 pounds gone in January. (I don't say lost, I don't want them to find their way back!). I'm learning just to try and make small changes whenever possible/reasonable, so I don't deprive myself and beat myself up when I make old choices...
Congrats! That's the thing, make small changes gradually and it's more likely to stick.
I'm not stepping on the scale for a week now because it's that TOM, so I'm hoping to see a few lbs gone this time next week! I ate a few crappy things just before I got it, but just a little bit. Not like before where it was at least a 4 day binge of crap! lol

Weekend has arrived! I did not get to the store yesterday, I was planning to go this morning but the weather is not what I expected so I think maybe I'll just wait and see what tomorrow brings. I don't necessarily need anything, today at least.

Since it's the weekend I will be doing a longer walk, there is a 40 minute one that I enjoyed last weekend I'll try and do today, maybe tomorrow too. Gotta get my steps, and my fit points for the week.

I've changed my Disney August reservation twice now, from YC to CBR to now CSR Tower room. I was looking forward to trying CBR but kept reading about musty rooms, no elevators (though it's only one floor I have to manage the suitcases at least when we are leaving), I'm not sure if the skyliner would be ready by then, and while I would have liked a resort with the coke freestyle machines it didn't seem worth it. I did end up saving some money, which is good. And we'll be staying at the new tower so new rooms should be nice. CSR is where I wanted to stay 4 years ago when I was planning my first Disney trip! Now to get my steps up, and ready to walk miles and miles while on vacation :)

"Breaking News
Wiarton Willie Says"

EARLY SPRING!!!!!!!:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::flower:

Hugs
Mel
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/t...spring/ar-BBT4ePo?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout
wiarton%20willie.png

PS
Today I can actually breathe the air outside!!

"Breaking News
Wiarton Willie Says"

EARLY SPRING!!!!!!!:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::flower:

Hugs
Mel
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/weather/t...spring/ar-BBT4ePo?li=AAggFp5&ocid=mailsignout
wiarton%20willie.png

PS
Today I can actually breathe the air outside!!

that’s great news :) out west we had decent weather last week, but the cold settled in just in time for the weekend. extreme cold warnings put the temp (with windchill) between -35 and -40. at these temps, i don’t even like taking the kiddo to the mall. we’re in hibernation mode!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!