The day after mnsshp

wdwplanner13

Earning My Ears
is it possible or a good idea to rope drop after mnsshp? We are thinking Epcot for the day after our party, and a mid day break. I want to RD so we can see FEA, FP TT and then standby for soarin, but is this a plan for diaster with a 5 and 8 year old who have stayed up too late the night before?

We rope dropped Epcot in 2015 the morning after going to MNSSHP. It can be done! You will most certainly need the afternoon break!

Possible? Sure. A good idea? Probably not IMO. Just based off experience, my kids would be miserable staying up late followed by a very early morning. But you know your kids best, if you think they can handle it, then go for it!

We are doing MNSSHP for the first time this year. We will not be rope dropping the next day. I know DH and my 2 boys (15 and 12) would be seriously cranky and annoyed! LOL.

We always take the morning off after MNSSHP. Even though the party is over at midnight, we usually get back to our hotel around 1AM.

It always takes a bit to get to sleep, so I might not actually sleep until 2AM. Getting up for RD the next morning is just too early for us!

That wouldn't work for my family, but you know your children best. Weather permitting, we will go to Blizzard Beach the following day, which means RD will be 10 am for us!

Not worth it for us. We always make the day after the party a sleep-in day. We've found that pushing too hard just compounds our tiredness and crankiness and ends up wearing us out.

We are sleeping in the day after MVMCP. I figure we won't actually get to sleep until 2 am. If we wanted to we could make it work but we would eventually hit a wall so we are just going to sleep in avoid "the wall."

No way would I try it with a 5 year old and 8 year old. That does not sound fun at all.

Last edited:
We'd be fine with it but would also take a mid day break to get a bit of sleep.

Originally we only had 3 nights and we had planned to do a PPO at DHS to get the boys (4 & 6) signed up for Jedi Training the day after MNSSHP. But then I added a night so we can do DHS one day later. We will do DS the day after the party and our Boathouse lunch ADR is at 11:30 so no rushing the next morning.

We've done it twice. Love it! Even when DS was two years older (9 as opposed to 7) we didn't RD the next day. It just didn't seem worth it. We took our time, had a late breakfast ADR and then went about our day.

We did a 4 parks 1 day challenge the day after MNSSHP. It required RD, which meant a great deal of caffeine. Even with that, we crashed around 3pm. So if you're comfortable with an afternoon nap break and abusing legal substances, go for it!

We left MNSSHP at midnight, our bus got us to the resort after 1am, and we didn't get to sleep until 2am. Got up 5 hours later. Still got our 4 parks in. (HS from 7:30 to 10, Animal Kingdom 10:30ish to 1, EPCOT 1:30ish to 3pm, *nap* MK 7pm to 10pm)

I literally posted this same question the other day! Kiddos are 4 and 7 and we're also doing MNSSHP and then rope drop at Epcot the next day. I think we're just going to try to leave the party a bit before the end and hope for the best!

It depends on your kids. My DD has always been a night owl who is absolutely and totally not a morning person; however she is also high energy. We have been to MNSSHP and MVMCP multiple times since she was 2 (she just turned 12). We have always planned to get to a park "around" rope drop the next morning-- we have always arrived at the park approximately 10 to 20 minutes after rope drop. It has always worked fine for us.

Trying to rope drop FEA- which would involve getting the park well before rope drop after a midnight party night (not to mention getting back to the resort and also most nights- even party nights- she took a bath/shower before bed as she did not like going to bed dirty) would probably not have worked so well for DD.

You know your kids. Late nights and early mornings do not work with my youngest. He has always needed his sleep and the next day would not be pleasant, even with a break.

We are going in August, and there are two parties while we are down there. I am not prebooking, but if we do decide to do one, we will have a nonpark day the next day. He will turn 10 the week before we go and just now seems to be sleeping a bit less and I do not have to wake him up every morning for school (8 am).

With FP+ it makes it even easier to hit a park later the next morning. After our party i plan on hitting DHS around 12 with our FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!