The day after Halloween

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
Is it true that overnight after Oct 31st they tear down Halloween and put up Xmas?
I've heard this and I'm wondering if we could luck out and see both?

We are doing the Halloween party on Oct 31st and have one last day in the parks on November 1st before heading home on Nov 2nd.

Will we get to see Christmas too?

I know they must do it pretty quickly because the Xmas parties start Dec 8th.

TIA!

You will start seeing a transition a few days after the 31st. For instance, Hollywood and Vine Character meal will still be Halloween for a week after and then switch to Christmas. MK and Studios transition first due to the Christmas Parties and Jingle Bell/Bam starting the second week. I did Halloween party same day flew in on October 31, spent 3 days then went on 3 day cruise. By the time I got off the ship, Christmas had arrived, but Epcot and Animal Kingdom had not be decorated. I left on November 10th.

They start taking things down overnight but they don't finish the whole park that night. It takes a few days to complete but it is transformed before the first Christmas party.

The Magic Kingdom gets a quick overnight change. Not all the decorations are up but the planter in the front is changed, garland it all over the place and the wood soldiers are out. The music is also changed and the CMs are dressed for Christmas. My husband and I were there last year and the last Halloween party was on November 1. We went back to the Magic Kingdom the next day to see what had changed and it was incredible how quickly everything goes down and up.

As others have said, the resorts and other parks won't be done up as quickly as the Magic Kingdom. If you want a little taste that is what you will get, if you want full blown Christmas unfortunately that won't happen.

MK will be an overnight change for a good majority of the park. You can watch time lapse videos online of the overnight transition.

Resorts and other areas with Christmas stuff will take a little longer

It will take a few days. Halloween decorations will come down in a night and it will take a day or two to put up Christmas. In all the park will he transformed in a week. The castle will have the lights decorated but won't be turned on yet.

Not the day after Halloween. Isn't there a MNSSHP the day after Halloween? I know there has been in the past. Anyway, it's remarkable how they are able to transform the parks from one Holiday to the other. I think it occurred more like 1/2 -way through that week when we did the last Halloween party and the first MVMCP a few years ago.

Not the day after Halloween. Isn't there a MNSSHP the day after Halloween? I know there has been in the past. Anyway, it's remarkable how they are able to transform the parks from one Holiday to the other. I think it occurred more like 1/2 -way through that week when we did the last Halloween party and the first MVMCP a few years ago.

FYI, this year, the last MNSSHP is 10/31. But yes, in the past there has sometimes been one a day or two after Halloween, depending on how the calendar falls.

My husband and I were there last year and the last Halloween party was on November 1. We went back to the Magic Kingdom the next day to see what had changed and it was incredible how quickly everything goes down and up.

Ha, us too! (I mean, not my husband, though, my wife. My wife was with her husband, though.) Same exact experience - Nov 1 Halloween party, there to almost midnight. Next day - boom! Christmas-y!

Thanks All! I don't expect to see it all decked out for Xmas but seeing some of it will be just as exciting for me! :)
Our plan is to go back on our last day there (Nov. 1st) and see what we can see before we head home the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter