~The Daily Grind~ 9/28/09

PO3 - get the phone!:rotfl:

OK pedi office has no openings today - nurse to call me back - normally rashes are secondary and don't really need treatment. But its weird - been looking at rash pics online and none really look like this....??? She seems fine.

Will see what nurse says.

Working on kitchen and switched the laundry. Really have to get that letter in the mail and the truck smogged - hurry nurse, Hurry!:dance3:

Dh- he was having more of the intestinal problems from last year- he had gone back to old eating habits instead of staying on the deit- since we did Disney last week with no problems he decided to cancel the appointment. He has realized that he has to follow his diet and then he will be fine.

Rebecca

Jennifer, Yay!!!:banana: on your DH getting back to 40 hours!
Christy, I agree with Holly. Maybe you can take that job until something better comes along. Good luck!

dit-24 crabs! i've got the cutest crab punch! i found it in the clearance section at m's for $1.00! i could not pass him up!

I wouldn't have been able to pass that punch up either! My crab is from Life's a Beach Cricut cart. But, yes, 24 crabs!!! Everything I'm doing right now is in groups of 24. I somehow agreed to do a class (of 24!) at the cross stitch retreat I'm going to in October. It's a 3 part class and I'm doing 2 of the parts! I still don't know how I managed to do that.

My first part is a floss tag (they are stichers, they need floss tags). The first 2 are wood shapes that will have patterned paper covering them and the second 2 are cardstock shapes cut on the Cricut.

My second part of the class is the big one. We are making memory albums for the trip. They will be paper bag albums, but since they are stitchers and not scrappers, I'm having to cut and prep everything so that all they have to do is glue things down for the most part. The cover is a beach theme with cattails, and sand dune, and a crab. That's where flocking the 24 crabs comes in. I should have left them plain, but they look cute all flocked! Then they are stitching the title piece which we'll mount on the cover. It's actually a cute little book, but I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get them to make it because things that I think are easy may not be quite so easy for them! I just hope they like the book since it's the main part of the whole class and I'd hate for them to think they've wasted their money.

GROSS!!! I had my GYN appt after work today... I REALLY hate them!! But unless I hear from the office, I'm good for another 10,000 miles :lmao:

DS17's class ring came from Josten's. He got it last year. This is senior stuff, announcements, gifties that say 2010...that kind of stuff. DS!& doesn't want anything, so I guess I'll just get the free announcements :confused3

Debbie,
We feel your pain! DS17 doesn't want anything either... so we are getting the very smallest package of announcements and the rest I am making myself! We are very limited on those we are inviting because there is too much drama on both sides of the family that it'll probably be the 6 of us, Dsis and her hubby, my parents and DH's dad and stepmom.... We wish his grandparents in Florida could make the trip because we would fly them up here! DH said I could send some announcements out to celebrate his success after commencements! LOL

TRM- how's your dd? how's the rash?? what did the say. i thought about it all afternoon!

deb- YUCKY! i hate those days. jostens and balfour (another company like jostens) are both right near me. my class ring is from balfour. i love my class ring. i still take it out and look at it every now and then. i was so happy the day i got my ring. that brought back some memories!

Nan- did he get a class ring??

Dit- want me to send you some little crabbies to go with your big ones?? be glad to help out!

OH no, no class ring... doesn't like jewelry what so ever... He wore a chain when he was young but the little ones would grab it and slobber kiss him, the chain went bye-bye and we haven't seen it since! LOL

ATTENTION BROOKE------>
dh just asked me if i told you and i totally forgot.....ssshhh
this is so funny!!!! we were taking bubba and his friend out to lunch saturday and we let ds pick. so he picks the old country buffet which is prob. 1/2 hour away. so dh loves to drive the back roads to get places. we went through a town called SHELDONVILLE! which i totally forgot even existed. he said "hey holl, you should take a pic of that sign and send it to your friends the red sox family people!" :rotfl::rotfl:
i laughed for like 20 minutes over it. 1.because he associates you with sheldon and 2.he is now calling you the red sox family like bubba does!
:rotfl:
i'm tellin' ya, my family is nutty!
:rotfl:

OH no, no class ring... doesn't like jewelry what so ever... He wore a chain when he was young but the little ones would grab it and slobber kiss him, the chain went bye-bye and we haven't seen it since! LOL

:rotfl:that's funny.
my dh never got a class ring either. not his thing. i wanted him to get one, just so i could wear it. but i guess his mother (my mil) did not want to buy him a ring for me!:confused3

Hey, I wore several rings during HS... I have DH's class ring in my jewelry box next to mine.. ;) My old BF still has the nail polished yarn on his from when I wore it, oh so many years ago!!! His wife laughs because his mom had to tell her why the yarn stayed that way.... he actually anticipated marrying me but I met DH and had DD on the way...but he never took the yarn guard off the ring... what a sap!

DS17 got his ring last year. It was given at the ring mass, and I cried. So pretty, and then one of his classmates got up and sang...not a dry eye I tell ya...

Honestly, I'm already teary at the senior functions. And now DS is on homecoming court! His name was in the paper... Quite the thing! I think I will go to the game for the pic opp and if he wins king, I'll just be a puddle. Heck, I'll be a puddle anyway, just to see him all fancy and on the float :love:

DS17 got his ring last year. It was given at the ring mass, and I cried. So pretty, and then one of his classmates got up and sang...not a dry eye I tell ya...

Honestly, I'm already teary at the senior functions. And now DS is on homecoming court! His name was in the paper... Quite the thing! I think I will go to the game for the pic opp and if he wins king, I'll just be a puddle. Heck, I'll be a puddle anyway, just to see him all fancy and on the float :love:

OMG he's on homecoming court??? how awesome is that?! you must be so proud of him. and of course you have to go for the pic opp! that's a given! and to see him on the float, oh boy. you better bring your dh so you can cry and he can take the pics!
:lovestruc

OMG he's on homecoming court??? how awesome is that?! you must be so proud of him. and of course you have to go for the pic opp! that's a given! and to see him on the float, oh boy. you better bring your dh so you can cry and he can take the pics!
:lovestruc

Ya know, I think he is really finding himself this year. Everything is falling in place right now... grades...friends...teachers... I actually have a happy 17yr old :confused3 And yes, I am very proud! Seems he makes the people around him happy too or he wouldn't have been nominated right?

Just hoping it's not the calm before the storm. ALL the teachers were telling us of senioritis and the horrors of having a senior...

how nice is that. a happy 17 year old. i say enjoy every second of it. and pish posh on the teachers saying seniorits. all kids will have some sort of seniorits but usually not until the very end. it's their given right to have it at the end!! that's how i feel anyway. and you are 100% right. he must make his peers around him happy or they would never have nominated him.
i think it's great. i so hope that bubba can grow up to be a nice boy someday. we had to fill out a sheet tonight for our hopes and dreams for him for 2nd grade. one of mine was better penmanship! holy cow does he need work on that!

GROSS!!! I had my GYN appt after work today... I REALLY hate them!! But unless I hear from the office, I'm good for another 10,000 miles :lmao:

10,000 miles a year! :faint: That's a lot of mileage in one year, girl!

My class ring is from Balfour's too. I might have to see if I can find it now.

10,000 miles a year! :faint: That's a lot of mileage in one year, girl!

My class ring is from Balfour's too. I might have to see if I can find it now.

you kill me!

balfour's is gone now. so sad. i think my father proposed to my mother there. everyone that lived over there started at jostens moved to balfour or swank's. it's a right of passage i think!

PO3 - talked to Drs nurse about lunch time - described the rash - appt tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of us! I will let you know what they say manana.

I am a Jostens class ring girl - well I was - my class ring was stolen when I worked at Disneyland. My high school is like 5 hours North of Disneyland so not sure why someone would want my ring?? Miss it though. Thought about ordering a replacement - but never did

YAY!! for happy 17 year olds!! I can keep my fingers crossed. SOOOOOO not looking forward to the teen years!!:scared1:

does that mean you don't have to think about more hours for you?! :cheer2:

Means I go back to my other hours, which means I leave earlier, but have to work an extra day. Which is fine, but I was liking the second day off each week :)

That is so awesome! Congrats to your DS!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!