~The Daily Grind~ 9/21/09

Glad you like the recipe/muffins!

Apparently, it is an "oldie but goodie" I had never heard of, until Calanniebu generously brought a batch of these to a summer crop and I ate an embarrassing number of them (as did Z2H)!!! If anyone else tinkers with the recipe and finds even more yummy flavor - be sure to let us all know...

Hello everyone- it has been a busy morning and it was my first chance to check in here.

I hope all those getting sick feel better soon.

Duchess had her check up this morning and the vet said she did a good job with removing the stitches- but she doesn't need to do his job.

I still need to:
check on birthday spending
check with mom on what she is getting Larry for his b-day
order a b-day gift or 2 for DH
dinner- pork chops and wild rice w/ vegies
try and get a few things ready to take with me to Disney to work on a few swaps this week

Rebecca

I'm making those muffins for dessert sometime this week...they sound really good! Bet they would be good with some cream cheese frosting too... Just a few more points right? yummm num nummy!!!

Well, we're home from softball early. PrincessM pulled something in her leg and ended up on the DL list, crying her eyes out. She's soaking in the tub, and DH and BIL went for Chinese. They don't like the restaurant I do, and I reallllly don't like the restaurant they do, so I had a baked potato from Wendy's. Yeah, I'm going to need more food.

Still no word from Holly? I texted her around 5:00 pm and still haven't heard from her... :confused3

Jennifer
I'd hoped for a word when I got back on here tonight so I'm going with no news is good news (not) I also know that they probably told her nothing till it's read. Hopefully that's the issue.

HOLLY where are you?????????????????????

I keep checking this thread to get a Holly update too.

Poor Morgan, hope she feels better. I could go for a baked potato about now:goodvibes

Waiting for the Holly update also! And sooo wanting a baked potato!!

Going to try those muffins also - thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Everyone feel better!!

OMG! i heard that there was an A.P.B. out on me so i'd better check in!!!!!

have i told you all lately how much i love you guys?? if i haven't please allow me to do so now........ I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

so i had the mri and holy confined space!:scared1: i never thought i'd make through the whole thing but i did. she said it takes 48 hours to read and get the results to the dr. so i don't know anything yet. what i do now is- i'm not doing that again! my pain in my side is so intense right now. and i'm coughing to beat the band which is making it worse. good grief!:eek:
and to top it all off work was a b**ch today! i had such a fight with a *townie* about paying his loan, or i'll repo your car. come on. do i need this aggravation today?

so sorry to hear Princess M was injured. my poor girlfriend. give her a hug from me. i'd love a baked potato right now!

thank you all for all your concern and well wishes. hopefully the dr will call by wednesday.

:love:you all!

Thanks for the update Holly. Sorry that you are so sore. Hopefully the MRI can answer some question for you:hug:

Rhonda

Thanks for jumping on Holly! Sorry about the MRI torture machine...that really sucks! Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

My mom makes really good Chocolate Pumpkin Pie muffins - I think she got the recipe from calanniebu?

I make similiar muffins but with just the can of pumpkin and spice cake mix. Yummmmy but I am thinking I need to try the Chocolate Pumpkin muffins. Sounds wonderful!

Little Bit got his first H1N1 shot today.

Poor Little Bit, i hope he doesn't experience any side effects from his shot.

check with mom on what she is getting Larry for his b-day
order a b-day gift or 2 for DH
Rebecca

When is DH birthday?

Well, we're home from softball early. PrincessM pulled something in her leg and ended up on the DL list, crying her eyes out. She's soaking in the tub

The poor little Princess. I hope a good soak eases her pain.

Holly, it is a funky feeling being in that tube, isn't it? By Wednesday, start calling the dr's office for the results. We have waited long enough, we want you well now!:hug:

well, my goal of going caffeine free has been blown out of the window. I did good until about a half hour into my work day. So I went down stairs vowing to get just a small cup of coffee. Oh no, that didn't happen, they are back to serving Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee for the next two months!!! One large cup each day won't be a bad thing, will it?:confused3 :goodvibes

Holly glad you checked in lisa (i think anyway) is right start calling on wed am. I couldn't durvive one i'd have to be drugged to wheelchair mobility!:rotfl2: and we love you too!!!
Jennifer Sorry to hear abt. M hope she's doing better. Brain dead though I'd responded and guess the thought went through the head and the fingers didn't type it. I need to get to bed.
Lisa if I liked coffee that would be the one it's only around for 2 months go for it. maybe just the small cup will get you through.

Taking thyself to bed

:hug: Sorry about the miserable time spent in the MRI chamber that you won't get back.

Hope you hear from them soon.

O.M.G. have you seen this? Guess I know where we're going this weekend!

That was here 2 weeks ago. Not in our town but just south of us..but of course my kids all had events that night.. :(

OMG! i heard that there was an A.P.B. out on me so i'd better check in!!!!!

have i told you all lately how much i love you guys?? if i haven't please allow me to do so now........ I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

so i had the mri and holy confined space!:scared1: i never thought i'd make through the whole thing but i did. she said it takes 48 hours to read and get the results to the dr. so i don't know anything yet. what i do now is- i'm not doing that again! my pain in my side is so intense right now. and i'm coughing to beat the band which is making it worse. good grief!:eek:
and to top it all off work was a b**ch today! i had such a fight with a *townie* about paying his loan, or i'll repo your car. come on. do i need this aggravation today?

so sorry to hear Princess M was injured. my poor girlfriend. give her a hug from me. i'd love a baked potato right now!

thank you all for all your concern and well wishes. hopefully the dr will call by wednesday.

:love:you all!

:hug: Holly... I'm so sorry.. DH says he knows you pain... He said but at least hopefully for you it is a one time thing.. He has it done every October.. His next one is due up in 2 weeks... (keep fingers crossed there is nothing new)... Anyway, I agree w/ the others.. 48 hours... call them first thing Wed. morning.. Keep us posted..

As for the townie, is it the same one as last time? Do I need to give him a reminder of what happened not that long ago?
MM~ sorry to hear PrincessM got hurt... hope she is feeling better soon! :hug:

Jennifer- I want to do that! It looks really cool... hopefully we can find time to go!

Holly - I hate MRIs too.. but I hope this was worth it, and they can figure out what's up. :hug:

Enjoy the muffins everyone - I had..... three.... for breakfast yesterday.

Hugs Holly! Sorry the MRI was no fun! We'll be waiting to hear on Wednesday.:hug:

Jennifer, I hope Princess M feels better!

Lisa, I wouldn't be able to resist the pumpkin coffee either. I am stalking the Coffee Mate waiting for the pumpkin flavor to come out.:banana:

Holly, sorry about the MRI!! Those are a BEAST!!!

Jennifer, I hope PrincessM is better!!

Lisa, oh dear!! You brought up pumpkin coffee. . .now I MUST have some!!!

I think I will be needing some of those muffins, too. Some. . .or a dozen. . .whichever!!

:hug: Holly! I sure hope with the MRI results the docs can get you back in tip-top shape. :hug:

Jennifer, I'm sorry to hear about Princess Morgan getting hurt. I hope it heals fast and she'll be out there again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter