• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/14/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 8/14/10

It's The Weekend! Day #1

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Make oreo truffles for party...
Make meatballs and sauce...
Pack gifties and sodas and cheese, truffles, and meatballs in the car

Party at noon

Rest of the day off (supposed to be my work weekend) :teeth:

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Tax-free weekend. DH has been pushing me to get an e-book reader. Thinking about it. Gotta pick up some paper at Jo's. Not much else I need ;)

Have fun at the party, Deb!

Deb, have fun at the party!

Jen, have fun shopping!

I'm not sure what will be happening today. DH was supposed to leave to go to Vermont for a week to a conference, but he's not going now. I had planned to spend the day working on swaps since he and DS would be gone, but now that DH will be underfoot I'm not sure how much I'll get done.

DS is going to a inline speedskating bootcamp being held by 2 Olympic speedskaters.

Nan, unfortunately, Apolo won't be there! The Olympians that are there started out on inline speed skates and switched to ice. I know Anthony Lobello will be there since he's a hometown boy (he skated in the Olympics not last time, but the time before). There's a girl too, but I don't remember her name. Andrew mentioned that there may be 2 other Olympians there too. I'll know more later. The kids are all excited to work with these Olympic skaters.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning!

I hope your DS has a great time DIT!
Enjoy the party Deb!

Today:
training event on leadership
print bullitens
birthday party
anniversary party

Rebecca

Meatball are in heating up in my big pot...

Everyone who has tried the oreo truffles thinks they are great... Here's the recipe from the Bakerella site:

Oreo Truffles

1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark

1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with the 7 crushed cookies for decoration. (I usually eat mine before they make it to this stage.)
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!

Makes about 36 truffles.

My changes to the recipe...
  • White Wilton candy melts
  • 4 sleeves oreos from BJ's giant pack
  • added the cream cheese right into the food processor after turning the oreos to dust
  • No crushing of the 7, not dusting the pretty white with the oreo dust
  • balls in the freezer for 20 min before dipping...hard balls rolled around better in the chocolate

Hafta clean the guest/craft/ storage room todaY :sad1: I hate cleaning it. Its a large space with not enough storage. I also have to take out the trash, and do laundy. yea... some of this may be sundays project!

Yum....oreo truffles....

Today

Laundry
Dishes - done
clean up the kitchen counter - paper everywhere
download and make folders on computer for this years 4H record book forms
DD to 4H officer orientation - add to record book! LOL
general clean up of the messes around here
make excel sheet for house expenses to be reimbursed
Meet and greet with DHs office mates tonight
Grocery store/target run
Post pics of house!! We went from dirt to framed out in 3 days!!
Clean toilet

Thats enough!

Everyone have a great Saturday!

The "Post-it-note removal operation" is humming along smoothly! :lmao:

Those Oreo truffles sound scrumptious!

TRM - would love to see photos of the house going up - how exciting!

DIT ~ can't wait to hear more about it.... I'm glad DS is doing that... good for him to do different things in life.. .I tell my kids that all the time!!!! Try something new, try something old..but whatever you do.. TRY!!!!

Today:
DS9 had football jamboree.. lost both games...but not bad.. he got a fumble recovery and 4 tackles.. they had him starting offensive right guard..and about 3 minutes into the first game he was put in to starting defense...in 32 minutes of games he played all by 3 minutes!!!!! Although with the heat, I wish the coaches would have thought to bring a water bottle out to keep the boys cooler..but I'm just a stupid mom, what the heck do I know.... However, their practice schedule is Tues/Thur..and when are my HS kids' games... Tues/Thur.... and I don't trust some of the parents to take my kid to/from practice... so I need to recruit my babysitting mom to help take care of DS9 w/ conflicts.. (cause DH is out of town this week.. Tues- Frid).. FIGURES!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter