~The Daily Grind~ 6/18/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 6/18/10

It's Friday! :yay:

I'm working today... good hosp... I was there yesterday too. What a difference. This weekend I'll be at Smile and Nod :sad2:

:wizard: P&PD for everyone needing it
:tink: for Blythe

PO3fam- you are in my thoughts :hug:

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Work till 3p

Water my plants that DS22 helped me plant on my day off
chores006.gif

Bi-color Butterfly Bush, Butterfly Flower, and Hummingbird Vine... Yes I have the little cuties buzzing my feeders :love: One of my fave times of summer!

Sew pants for DH... Why can't the uniform pants come in the right length? :headache:

15min Crap Room
15min The Pit

Dinner- :confused3

Have a Great Day everyone!! :teeth:

morning all

List is a mile long with funeral and wake preparations so I won't bore you with all of that.

The worst of it all is that the dang laptop crashed last night just like it did 10 weeks ago and back up is just a few days away!!!!!! I'm ready to cry and scream I still had so much to do on that computer that isn't on Tom's and his still isn't printing wirelessly so now I have to find the cord in this disaster of an office so I can finish the funeral pages. then I have to find the time to get it to staples and pay another 100 for them to do the back up cause I'd just wiped out the cards after uploading the pics. Guess I need to now do backups weekly. Stupid warrenty will fix it this time and 1 other before they will replace it.

Prayers to all of my friends that need it. I propbably wont be on much after this am. I hope to at least check in a few times ........

pixie dust for Blythe

Prayers and :hug: for Holly and family

:hug: for Christy

Well, we didn't make it to Yellowstone yesterday. My DH likes to take scenic routes. So, he finds this gravel/dirt road that's a bit out of the way, but should be a pretty drive. It starts off great and it's pretty. Then, it starts to snow!:woohoo: We all think that's pretty cool. We're from Florida, we don't see falling snow! It wasn't sticking, it was just flurries, but it was fun. It was the first time DS has seen snow fall. Then, a ways up ahead, the road turns BAD! It's muddy with lots of ruts. Luckily the rental vehicle we got was 4 wheel drive, but we're still slipping and sliding all over the place and going off the road (thankfully we weren't on the edge of a cliff, but had fields on either side of us). I was freaked, but DS loved it! We finally get through that and we end up behind a cattle drive of hundreds of cows with cowboys!!! We get led right through the middle of it with cows walking in front of us and all around us and mooing like crazy. The rest of the drive was uneventful, but all that took a lot of time and we just drove to our hotel instead of to Yellowstone. It was quite an adventure and we have a good story!!!

Today we actually are going to Yellowstone! And, it's cold and windy!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday:

Snow!
June17026.jpg

the road and snow coming down
June17020.jpg

DS and I standing happily in the falling snow (you just can't see the snow in the picture!)
June17013.jpg

Our truck after all the mud sliding
June17024.jpg

Cattle drive - this truck led us through
June17022.jpg

buffalo
June17003.jpg

bird - these birds are a gorgeous bright blue. They are hard to get a picture of because they are always flying around and won't stay put.
June17002-1.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Prayers and hugs to all those who need them. Going to be a boring day around here. Plain ole housework and crap needs to be done. We had sand delivered yesterday and we got about half done last night to our beach. (we live on a small lake/big pond). So we also need to finish tonight so we can drive on the driveway and not the grass to get to the garage. Nothing got done in the house yesterday either so it is quite the mess.

take DS15 to drivers ed
pick up DS15 at 11am

clean kitchen since I was outside all night
vaccum main floor
sweep
clean main floor bath
pick DH's father's day gift
wrap quilt for baby shower tomorrow
pick up living room and front entry
laundry - some to be put away some to get threw the machines.

Have a great Friday everyone. :hippie:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for Blythe and Holly's family.

Going to try to finish up the color swap today.
Maybe sketch the cruise letters for cutting tomorrow.
Laundry.
Put them away, still. :rolleyes1
Salad for lunch.
Figure out new grocery list now that I've cut out animal protein for myself.
Pack up DH's stuff. He is going to get the boys this weekend to bring home. :yay:
Finish off the last of the talapia in the freezer today before my new way of eating starts. [not enough for 3 people, just 2]
Figure out how to cook these pea pods I've picked off the vine. There are way too many to go in a salad. :rotfl2: What was I thinking? :confused3 I'm the only one who likes these things. Why did I plant so many?

Hope everyone finds some peace and serenity this weekend.

Workin'. Totally stressed out and it's about stupid stuff...I figured out last night that I am a clencher, no wonder my teeth hurt!

Hope everyone is safe, healthy and happy.

:grouphug:

Good Morning!!

P & PD for Baby Blythe
P & PD for Holly & Family
Christy-:hug:

Today is the start of DS14's State Tournament!!!:yay:
Gonna be a crazy weekend-probably won't have time to get back on here....
Today:
Pick kids up from VBS
Haircut for DS5
Meet MIL at the mall
Have surprise Father's Day pics made for DH
Get card for DH
Come home & get ready for the game
Drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the game
1st game tonight at 6:30!!!:cheer2:
If we win we have to be back at 8am tomorrow and play a possible 2 games, then games on Sunday and the championship game is Monday. I really hope they do well as this is probably DS's last year with this travel team then he's moving on to high school ball.

Have a great day everyone and have a great Father's Day weekend!!! :dance3:

:wizard:for all
:hug: for Christy

Ok late to the game as usual.

Boring day today - don't want to go anywhere - been running the last 3 days.

County did onsite septic design/inspection today so one step closer to a building permit!!:cool1:

Gotta get house picked up -
that one dish still needs scrubbing!:rolleyes:
paper piles everywhere!
4H record books
baseball game tonight
dinner?? DH says he won't be home so most likely feed the girls at ballgame

Everyone have a great Friday.

Thank you all ladies. As you all can imagine it was rough. Boys made it though both wakes. Behavior was okay but I could keep correcting them as they're hurting too.

One of the pall bearers had Tom in tears telling him that he was her reason for living. Gary figures with out Tom (and the boys) she'd have gone right after gramp did.

I'm trying to decompress but it hotter than heck in the house we've been gone since 1. Thoughts and stories are running through my brain I need to sleep because we will be setting tables at 8 am!

thank you for your thoughts and prayers they meen the world to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter