the cruise for teens

Tink464

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any bad or good comments about the cruise for teens? My 16 year old daughter and her best friend, as well as my 15 year old nephew will be going on the cruise in February, with the rest of the family. The girls are just a little worried about not having anything to do or not "chilling" with other teens. Does anyone have any info about the options for teenagers on the boat or on Castaway Kaye?? THANX :confused:

Hi Tink464!

When in February are you going on the cruise? We are going on #3 cruise on 2/16/02 - 2/23/02. I have a 15 year old daughter and possibly her 15 year old friend she met on last years cruise, going. (they have stayed in touch, her friend lives in New Jersey) My daughter had the time of her life, and met so many new friends from the tri-state area and has stayed in touch with many of them. Another one of her friends from last year is also going the same time this year. Tell your daughter to look forward to the time of her life, and not to worry. (you'll never see her!) My daughter did not do any of the planned activities, she was too busy with her new friends to do any of that.

If you have any more questions you can email me at disneycruiser35@hotmail.com

Robin

Yes, belive me!! Your teenagers will have a GREAT time!! Take it from me, I am one :). Definitely make them going to the 411 meeting the first night, they'll meet some friends, and you won't see them for the rest of the trip (lol sorry, but it's the truth!!) They'll have a great trip and you don't need to worry at all!! When I went on my trip, I was kinda nervous, but I met people right away and had THE best time! I did the excursion in Nassau which was soooo much fun! I didn't do the one in Castaway Cay, but had friends who did it and they said it was a lot of fun!!

If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me at AberFgirl8474@aol.com!

Have a great trip! :bounce:

Well, my stepson is in another state right now visiting a girl he met on our last DCL cruise in Aug. '01. He still is emailing the teens he meet on our first DCL cruise in Aug. '99. He is now 17. There is a lot of chill time for teens. Our 4th cruise is this March, 3/16 7day, and both our teen boys (by then both will be 18) are looking forword to the cruise. If they like to talk to other teens and are a little outgoing, "no problem mon". Kathy

Thank you all for your comments. I am forwarding these posts to my daughter so she can be assured to have a good time. I will be traveling on the 2/21-2/24 cruise, during the President week school vacation. Have no idea of what to do on the ship. I fear I will just be walking around for three days just trying to get my bearings.

We have been on four DCL cruises and my teens nows DD17, DS16, DD13 all keep in touch with the teens they have met on each cruise (first one back in 98). My DD13 keeps a separate buddy list just of all the cruisets she has met.

We literally did not see our kids except at dinner on the 7 day cruise this past summer. They met kids the first night and had a blast.

Don't worry...unless they are totally not willing to make friends.....they will!!!! Definitely send them to the meet and greet the first night. It will be listed in your Personal Navigator.

Happy sailing.

MJ

We have been on 3 D/C this will be our first time with my
grandchildren in the teen area. We sail 1-13-02 and all 3 of
my grandchildren will be in the teen section. I'll give you
a full report when I get back.
But you can count on him/her having fun.:bounce:

Bonnie

you dont even have to like disney to have fun on the cruise. I enjoyed the Common grounds, and they run a bunch of cool activities. I heard Castaway had a teen beach but I never checked it out last time i had to babysit my sister but me adn my dad went banana boating, she'll love that if she doesn't mind getting wet!

Sorry to destroy everyones fun but I had a lousy time at Common Grounds. Your teens will probably have fun though since they knew each other. When I got to 411 everyone knew each other all ready and was in no rush to meet new friends. The councelors didnt help at all though in trying to encourage friendships. It was a very bad time for me as it reminded me of my 5th grade school year. I went to common grounds only once after that to check my email. but I loved the ship. There were still plenty of things to do and I had loads of fun. If your teens dont like common grounds then reasure them that the ship is lots of fun and they'll love it.

Rory I am sorry you didn't have a good time with your age
group that really surprises me after seeing my grandson in
the Lab and how everyone enjoyed themself. But I hope you
enjoyed the rest of the cruise. I wish you were cruising on the
13th of Jan I am sure my 3 Grandchildren would have enjoyed
meeting you. Take care.
Bonnie
:wave:

We went on the Wonder 7-22-01. My 14 yr old dd and her friend went Coomom Grounds 411 and the teen gruise. They did not care for Common Grounds at all. They did enjoy the cruise though. The only complaint was the pool was way too small and crowded.

My DD15 had a great time onboard last year when we sailed. My daughter who is usually shy met some nice teens on the Wonder and had a great time with them. They really didn't do a lot of the scheduled activities with Common Grounds. I think they just did the glow in the dark basketball, scavenger hunt, and a couple of dance/pool parties they had for the teens. They mostly just hung out together talking, or going in the pools and jacuzzis and hitting the pizza and hamburger place for a late night snack. Most of the teens seemed to return to their rooms between 1am and 2am when Common Grounds closes. This took some getting used to as I am overprotective and I would stay awake until she was back in her room. Sometimes I would even wander up to the top deck to check on things, using the excuse, if she saw me, that I was getting a cup of tea for myself and coffee for her Dad.

I never saw any of the teens on our cruise causing any type of trouble, running up and down hallways or yelling.

On Castaway Cay, DD went with her friends to the teen beach but didn't participate in any of the activities. They had a great time just hanging out with each other and going in the water.

My daughter did go on the Junkaroo in Nassau and had a great time. She said she will be doing it again when we sail in April. She said this is a must!!

We had made reservations and paid for the Wildside Adventure on Castaway Cay also but DD was too tired to make the meeting time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter