The concept of Disneybounding

You should share your outfit! I love the idea but I find my creativity lacking when I try to come up with something!
I will post a pic from DL! I got a lot of the right color pink from Kohl's, and a pair of bright pink Sketchers with blue trim on clearance from a local shoe store. I couldn't believe I found pink and blue sneakers.

Here's an article from one of our contributors on The DIS, Cailey Lampone. She is a fabulous DisneyBounder who has some of the most incredible outfits I've ever seen!

Keeping the Magic Alive with Disneybounding

There is also another thread here on the boards with a ton of pics from our members that I thought you guys might enjoy!

Do You DisneyBound?

Have fun!! :goodvibes

Disneybounding is awesome! I started in 2015. It's so much fun to put together outfits. I've done Snow White, Kylo Ren, Rey, Belle...and a few others probably over the years. Happy 'bounding!

YES!!!! Disneybounding is still a 'thing' at Disneyland :) I LOVE it. It is part of the planning process for me. I went as Snow White last time (blue t-shirt, yellow shorts, red hair band), and pink dress Cinderella (white shorts, pink t-shirt, blue beaded necklace).

My FAVE bounding story is when I was pink dress Cinderella and Anastasia and Drusella happened be out with the Step Mother wandering the park and Drusella quickly looked at me, scowled, and growled "Where did you get those beads? Those are my beads!" lol!!! OMG I was so happy :)

My husband and son aren't super into it, but my little girl was only a year old last time so I dressed her up like Boo from Monsters Inc (pink t-shirt, purple shorts and pig tails). She got a lot of attention :)

One day when she wasn't Bounding the cast members kept calling her "Cinderella" all day and I couldn't figure out why.

"Here is a drink for the little Cinderella."
"Is the little Cinderella having a good day?"
"Is this Cinderella's first time in the park?"

It was so weird. But when we got back to the hotel that evening I realized she had been missing a shoe all day :teeth:

Last edited:

I love it too!!!

Our first family trip, our whole family bounded pretty much every day. Most were fairly subtle as I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on it. I did Eeyore, Ariel, Silvermist, and there must have been another one or two, but I don't remember them. DH was Pooh Bear and Flounder, I'm not sure the other ideas for him worked out.
My daughter was Tink, Piglet, Vidia, one of the planes I think? And my son did Scar, Fawn (a fairy), Tigger, Captain Hook.

I am already planning for our August trip!!

Check the Dapper Day website for photos of their events. Not everyone Disneybounds, but some people have amazing Dapper Bounds!

I had no idea it had a name! But it was certainly apparent in the parks.

Ive been wanting to disneybound for years but with a family of eight it’s hard enough just to get normal clothes packed much less ensembles. Share pictures if you do it!!!

I love Disneybounding. I've done Belle, Mary Poppins (with my DD going as Jane Banks), Ariel (I even got my DH to go as Eric with that one, and we did the WiWF tour that day), and Minnie. The Minnie was the best - we went and saw Minnie and Mickey that day, and they both went nuts for it. I always get positive comments when I do it.

Our June girls' trip, I'm adding Maleficent to the mix. My BFF will be Disneybounding for the first time and she's really excited about it, and our DDs have decided to do that rather than wearing actual princess dresses (which is kind of a bummer because I have TONS of money wrapped up in princess dresses...)

I don't do it but I love seeing those that do! Some ladies are so incredibly creative. I especially like the subtle outfits that it takes a minute to realize who they are.
What I don't get are the high heels! I don't know how anyone lasts all day in heels there. Guess they are committed to the look, but ouch!

My daughter has been "Disney bounding" since she was a toddler! This one isn't a Disney character, but her cast member costume at MNSSHP WDW last fall. It was a huge hit!
22007594_10155431948264473_1929859363179102380_n.jpg

22104364_10155431948519473_3252970254513727485_o.jpg

In my Googling recently I came across this word, which was totally new to me. So if I am understanding it correctly, the idea is dressing as a Disney character might dress in today's world, or a spin off of their normal garb. Same color scheme, may or may not be a similar style... Pinterest had tons of ideas.
So is this pretty common? Has anyone done it or plan on doing it? I will be going to Disney for the first time in 2 weeks, will I look like a dork if I try it? I hope not because I just bought a LOT of bright pink clothes with blue accents so I could try to Disneybound Aurora lol
You will be adorable!

Costumes are fun. Disneybounding is fun. But remember that there is a clear difference between the two! Direct copy of something = costume. Disneybound = subtle channeling of that something.

Last edited:
I got several nice comments from Cast Members about my dress today because it was something different. :) Was a lot of fun!

nfRa6jl.jpg

Last edited:
Costumes are fun. Disneybounding is fun. But remember that there is a clear difference between the two! Direct copy of something = costume. Disneybound = subtle channeling of that something.

This. A costume is not Bounding. There is a very distinct differences. Bounding is the “impression” of a theme or character using typical street clothes.

I sometimes mix costume and Bounding. I never directly copy any character but I like to do more than 'give an impression' sometimes. I like to see others dressed in a way I can recognize, as well as ones I am pretty sure are DBing, but the ones that are just hints I usually don't even notice. My friends do, but I am notoriously bad at it. My friend loves those because she enjoys trying to figure out what/who they might be. I find it frustrating :) To each his own! I don't see any big deal about making rules as to whether something is true DBing other than the idea that wearing an outfit that IS the dress of Snow White or Alice or whatever is not the intent of DBing. I think some blur the lines but it's still fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter