The concept of Disneybounding

xtina!

Earning My Ears
In my Googling recently I came across this word, which was totally new to me. So if I am understanding it correctly, the idea is dressing as a Disney character might dress in today's world, or a spin off of their normal garb. Same color scheme, may or may not be a similar style... Pinterest had tons of ideas.
So is this pretty common? Has anyone done it or plan on doing it? I will be going to Disney for the first time in 2 weeks, will I look like a dork if I try it? I hope not because I just bought a LOT of bright pink clothes with blue accents so I could try to Disneybound Aurora lol

You've got the idea nailed! I would say it's not super common, but you definitely won't be the only one walking around Disney bounding. I've seen everything from very subtle to almost cosplay. It's so much fun! You won't look like a dork at all, and it's always fun when people catch on to whoever you're Disney bounding.

They have a fun instagram to follow...thedisneybound.

I see a lot of bounding in the parks -- some so subtle you'd hardly know it. It's fun spotting them! Our family bounded Orange Birds last time at WDW and we had a lot of fun planning!

Edit: Did I just say "fun" three times? It really IS fun!

I do love this idea! And I don’t think anyone cares at Disneyland. Everybody is walking around with ears on their head! It’s one thing I loved there! I made my daughter and I matching Beaty and the beast stain glass shirts.. quite a loud print, something I would never wear in the real world.. but at Disney we got compliments and felt right at home.

I don’t Disneybound, but I’m definitely a fan of it and I love to see the creativity of other fans. You won’t see a ton of people doing it, but you will see some. You definitely won’t look like a dork and if you get stares it’s going to be people trying to figure out who you’re Disneybounding as, admiring your work, or both. Enjoy it and have fun!

They have a fun instagram to follow...thedisneybound.

I see a lot of bounding in the parks -- some so subtle you'd hardly know it. It's fun spotting them! Our family bounded Orange Birds last time at WDW and we had a lot of fun planning!

Edit: Did I just say "fun" three times? It really IS fun!
I don't have IG but now I'm seriously considering trying it out, just to check this out!

I ADORE disneybounding!

When we went to Dapper Day April 2017 I was disneybounding as Ursula. So so fun! Then I was sort of a cross between Alice and a flamingo from Alice In Wonderland

We often Disneybound one day of our trip. Once my friends and I wore white sundresses with red accents and we made tiny little clip-on white lace hats (Mary Poppins). We've also disneybounded as rides, LOL. My favorite was Haunted Mansion. I decided it was a little over the top so I didn't wear the hat. I think it's fun to just evoke the sense of something Disney in that way, but it really can be very simple! DD 17 wore a green skirt and wore her hair in a bun in a nod to Tinkerbell.

Attachments

• hmoutfit.jpg
    hmoutfit.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 162
Do it!! I have seen an increasing number of people disneybounding over my trips the last couple years (a couple of people a day at least last trip) & last couple trips even saw people Dapperly Disneybounding! (Nice dress, low key suit, no where near Dapper Days on the calendar). Dress as you want, embrace it & have a ball!

Here's the official site run by Leslie Kay:http://disneybound.co. Basically, think of it as using every day clothes to channel your favorite Disney character, park ride or attraction or food item, or even a scene from your favorite Disney movie! It's not about trying to wear a costume (in fact, costumes are discouraged by Disneybounders -- that's in the category of Cosplay -- very fun, but whole different category!). There's a fun video on Youtube about the difference between a costume and a Disneybound which explains everything well
. Disneybounding is a great way of carrying the magic with you everywhere, every day! Super fun is when other people or CMs get it and join you in the fun. :)

I just LOVE seeing people bounding at the parks! I haven't done it myself but I want to. At Christmas time I saw the most adorable little girl bounding Minnie's holiday outfit. They were ahead of us in line and I was squealing over the creativity and insane cuteness.

I do subtle bounds on every trip. My favorite was dressing as Oswald but upsidedown, I wore black pants, black Converse, and an "Oswald blue" shirt. Oswald and his handler were so excited to see me Oswald would not let me go. He kept pointing at himself, then at me and then hugging me. I guess he does not get much love in the park. Best pictures of the trip.

Another one I have done and loved is Brer Rabbit. Pink gingham buttondown shirt, rolled up denim capris, brown Converse (yeah I have them in every color), and a grayish hairband that has a fake tie that looked like ears.

Haunted Mansion - how creative!!! I love it! It amazes me how creative people are! I love the idea of doing Mary Poppins, she's high on my to-do list.

I do subtle bounds on every trip. My favorite was dressing as Oswald but upsidedown, I wore black pants, black Converse, and an "Oswald blue" shirt. Oswald and his handler were so excited to see me Oswald would not let me go. He kept pointing at himself, then at me and then hugging me. I guess he does not get much love in the park. Best pictures of the trip.

Another one I have done and loved is Brer Rabbit. Pink gingham buttondown shirt, rolled up denim capris, brown Converse (yeah I have them in every color), and a grayish hairband that has a fake tie that looked like ears.

Omg Oswald and Brer Rabbit! So creative! I would have loved to see photos!

Here's the official site run by Leslie Kay:http://disneybound.co. Basically, think of it as using every day clothes to channel your favorite Disney character, park ride or attraction or food item, or even a scene from your favorite Disney movie! It's not about trying to wear a costume (in fact, costumes are discouraged by Disneybounders -- that's in the category of Cosplay -- very fun, but whole different category!). There's a fun video on Youtube about the difference between a costume and a Disneybound which explains everything well
. Disneybounding is a great way of carrying the magic with you everywhere, every day! Super fun is when other people or CMs get it and join you in the fun. :)

That was a great video! I think I'll share it on my Facebook because none of my family or friends know what I'm talking about lol I'll check out the website too. Thanks for sharing!

My friend and I are Disneybounding in my profile pic. I'm Sadness and she's Wreck-it Ralph. Next time I go, I hope to have a Belle bound ready (in her blue peasant dress).

Haha I love Wreck It Ralph!

I ADORE disneybounding!

When we went to Dapper Day April 2017 I was disneybounding as Ursula. So so fun! Then I was sort of a cross between Alice and a flamingo from Alice In Wonderland
Omg I would love to see pics of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter