The Case of the Sleepy Blood Disease, Very Good Very Good! Trip Video! Updated 11/19

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by xoSamma, Jul 30, 2018.

1. xoSamma

xoSamma DIS Veteran

Melting Before Noon

Today was a bright an early morning, it was our last full day in Disney and we weren’t wasting it by sleeping in. I mean today Kiss was trying too and woke up basically 5 minutes before we were walking out the door. So while we waited for him I tried getting a hold of Brittany she was planning on meeting us at the resort and leaving her car there since her family was coming into town today or her birthday weekend and were staying at Riverside.
    Brittany ended up showing up at our door ready too go, which honestly shocked me since it was only 7am. We all headed to the bus stop and were lucky enough to be able to squeeze onto the bus before it left.
    There was a lot of early birds heading to the kingdom this morning and apparently some thing the disney rules don’t apply to them. The lady in front of me asked if she needed her bag checked and then asked if she needed to go through the metal detector. Maybe is she disney royalty…..but the way the security guards looked at her made me think other wise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was 8am EMHs, Brittany was freaking out since she wasn’t staying at a resort. I kept telling her if we split up they wouldn't know. Then I questioned what they actually saw on the scanners since she use to do that for a living working at space.
    Her nerves died once she saw one of her friends working on main street and she told her she would be fine getting in for EMHs.
    It might only be 8am…but its never to early for photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First up tomorrowland. And on our way we saw the cutest little duck family.

[​IMG]

But before we could make it to tomororwland we got stopped by the purple wall. It was Brittany’s request and while I already made fun of her this trip for wanting the purple wall hat I had to be at least a good friend and take some photos. I’m not a “purple wall” fan…nor do I understand the wall fads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And its a must do to do solo photos. But not for me because I have no clue how to pose in front of a wall…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally it was time for some rides, first up space mountain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brittany soon got to experience the obnoxious new space mountain exit. And it seems like every time we get the joy of getting stuck thanks to the train.
    After Space why not walk to the other side of the park and wait for the rope drop for frontier land at 9. We were lucky enough to get there right before 9 so we didn’t have to wait long. However this was just like herding cattle. So many people…heading for both mountains. We went for thunder and the line seemed long already. Brittany was unimpressed with the humidity already and the lady behind us was king enough to use her fan to cool brittany down.
    Luckily they line wasn’t long at all and it was just a constant walk through the queue.
    After thunder we decided to stay close and try for pirates.

[​IMG]

Pirates was down…thanks George. So we kept walking until we got to the jungle cruise. For some reason we jumped in line and it was the longest and hottest line.

[​IMG]

Peace River Country. We would like to take a moment of silence for River Country

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The worst part about waiting forever in a hot line is if you don’t have a funny skipper to make up for the wait. We didn’t have a funny skipper this time, so our wait was for nothing.

[​IMG]

Because we dealt with a very hot humid morning already we decided it would be best if we found some AC and cooled off. The closest spot for us was the Tiki Room, so lets for listen to some birds sing.

[​IMG]

continue to next post

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. xoSamma

xoSamma DIS Veteran

Aloha Cousin

As we were cooling off in Tiki birds it seemed like the florida was also in need of a cool down. And we ended up walking out into a nice storm. The exit is not all that big and therefore we knew we couldn't hang out there till it some what stopped. So the 3 of us came prepared…Brittany she refuses to ever bring a poncho with her. So my poncho turned into a blanket for us.
    We just headed out into the storm no real direction, but found ourselves at Pirates.

[​IMG]

One thing we learned this summer was that those cannon ball blasts were ready to hit every boat with water this summer. Be prepared to get wet. Hello new splash mountain.

[​IMG]

Once getting off the ride it still seemed a little gloomy out so we bundled up and headed over to main street

[​IMG]

Before we could leave MK to head off to lunch, we had to meet up with Alish on main street. She had to drop off her bag at work before joining us at the Poly. We found her right away and was stuck on main street waiting for the rainy day cavalcade to go through

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were officially off to the Poly for Kiss’s choice, Kona Cafe.
    Its been some time since I have been here, the last time I was here was with Brittany and we loved it.
    I checked us in, we waited to be called, and then we were shown to our table.
    Our waitress was great….the service though was on the slow side.
    First we got bread to start and some drinks. I went with one of my favorite poly drinks, the tropical macaw

[​IMG]

Kiss got some blended drink

[​IMG]

And erin got the classic bahama mama.
    For my meal I got the kona coffee rubbed steak, honestly it was ok. I wish it wasn’t loaded in the coffee rub since I thought it took away from the steak and was just a weird texture. So I did my best to scrap it off, the steak it self was good after that.

[​IMG]

Kiss went with the Kona Burger, which would be good in my books if it didn’t have the egg on it. But that seems to be the trend these days.

[​IMG]

Alish went with the noodle bowl which she didn’t seem all that thrilled about. At the end of our meal our waitress boxed it up for her and she ended up throwing it out in the nearest trash once we left.
    Brittany and I believe erin, went with the best option on the menu, the stir fry. This is what I got the first time and LOVED it. Kind of up set I didn’t go with it this time.
    During the meal it got super cold, like I felt like I was going to freeze to death and all I could do was try to find warmth under the small cloth napkin.
    Finally it was dessert time, two great desserts
    the torte which was basically a lava cake

[​IMG]

and the chocolate fondue

[​IMG]

By the time dessert came I was so full that I ate only half of my fondue and passed the rest down to Brittany. I made sure to leave one of everything, except for the ginger molasses because I love those.
    Lunch came to an end, and honestly it might be awhile till I come back here again.

[​IMG]

We all jumped back onto the monorail to head back to the kingdom. Alish had to get to work, so we said our goodbyes and we headed back to the bus stop. Cause we had a full stomach and guess what the sleepy blood disease was kicking in on all of us (or maybe just the early waking for EMHs this morning.) So we all headed back to FQ and took another solid nap…wow shocker.

continue to next post

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018 at 8:29 PM
  3. xoSamma

xoSamma DIS Veteran

Welcome to the 20th Annual Lollipop Parade

After a nice siesta, we got ready for a night spent at studios. But before we left I had to give Brittany her birthday present since I wouldn't be seeing her tomorrow on her real birthday. So after gift opening we were off to Studios for some toy story land fun.
    Upon arriving we started walking towards toy story land however the star wars march was starting and if you didn’t know, Erin is OBSESSED with the storm troopers. So we were forced to stop and watch.
    After the March it was perfect timing for our Tower FP. Since Erin doesn’t ride it we left her at the star wars show and we were off down sunset boulevard.
    Tonight we did not stop too watch the pre show since the other library was down for business with a code v, so they were just trying to get people through the line. And honestly I wasn’t complaining.

[​IMG]

We found Erin and we were off to TSL. We managed to get slinky Fps and that was the main reason Brittany came with us since when I was making our Fps I normally just add her to ours just in case.
    It was a crowded night in the land, which was to be expected. So we knew we wouldn't be spending all that much time in the area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What Slinky dog dash should look like…thanks budget cuts!

[​IMG]

Heres to the butt end of slinky and not knowing where the camera is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right as we got off slinky we just missed the green army men show.

[​IMG]

It was super muggy and the crowds weren't helping that much. So we decided to head out of TSL…but first pictures.

[​IMG]

Brittany had to make her way back to Port Orleans since her family had arrived in Orlando and she wanted to make sure she was there to greet them when they got off the ME. We decided to walk with her, and in doing this we stopped for one last photo.

[​IMG]

We said our goodbyes since we had no clue when the next time we would see each other and she was off.
    We were then off to starbucks.

[​IMG]

Pat?….no Ken…..oh ok…..hello kat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we were just strolling around we noticed that the citizens of hollywood were out and I’m a huge fan of them. So we headed on over and I plopped myself down in the middle of sunset boulevard. Little did I know at that moment I would be added in their show.
    Welcome to the 20th annual lollipop day parade…where we were apparently a broken down float.
    During their set it was basically just throwing out jokes about guests walking passed.
    Stroller with a poncho over it - “if you have an ugly kid keep it wrapped up in plastic”
    Girl in a crop top - “Oh look at that she lost her shirt in a poker game”
    Overall it was a super funny show today and by the end the 20th annual became the 5,062th annual lollipop day parade. And right at the end Kiss stood up so of course they called him out for not being broken and made him walk.
    From there we headed all the way down sunset blvd and too RnR.