The buttons have gotten out of control

Yes so many buttons for so many reasons. I got one that said First Dole Whip of the Day for being first in line to purchase the frosty pineapple treat for breakfast. That was a proud achievement, and I was honored to be recognized for my special accomplishment :) It certainly was a conversation starter with other Dole Whip addicts I encountered in the parks.

Wow, didnt know that was a thing, no my mission on our next trip lol

Ten years ago, the only way to get one of the "Honorary Citizen" buttons was to attend the "Toon Town Morning Madness" show. The buttons were in high demand to the Disney Collectors. We always had people in the parks offering to buy ours afterwards. We still have them, we always got up early and went to the shows. :cool1:

Ten years ago, the only way to get one of the "Honorary Citizen" buttons was to attend the "Toon Town Morning Madness" show. The buttons were in high demand to the Disney Collectors. We always had people in the parks offering to buy ours afterwards. We still have them, we always got up early and went to the shows. :cool1:

My daughter got hers at the emporium a few years ago for doing her first pin trade

I have to think that people were wearing them just for the chance of getting free piece of cake.

Hmm. No thought to wearing them simply because they wanted to wear them?

They give them, so people wear them. Easy. And maybe the next day they aren't wear them, but you won't know because you don't always see everyone day to day during a trip.

It isn't nice however when you get a smile when you wish some one happy birthday.

Wait, what?

Do you mean when you *don't* get a smile? If so, remember that not everyone speaks to strangers. Some are shy, some aren't paying attention to you, etc etc etc.

I've worn a birthday button there twice, and the first time I took it off in a very short amount of time, because I *hate* that sort of attention. The next time I wore it b/c it was my 40th and it was the "free on your birthday" year, and it was just fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter