The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by CapeCodTenor, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Let us know what you think after you see it.

2. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

Let me know! If they ever send a tour around, and it is good, there is a chance I might take the kids. I heard it is supposed to be for ages 7 and up.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Newsies

Newsies Headlines don't sell papes.

I was very, very, VERY lucky to have seen the first preview of The Cher Show on Broadway with my friend Austin this past Thursday night!

While it ran for a little long, the music was incredible, the choreography and costumes were stunning, and everyone is so superbly talented. Book is not the best and some scenes run on for a little long while other seemingly important moments weren't developed as well as they should have been. Other than that, we had so much fun. Stephanie J Block, who plays "Star" Cher, gives a Tony-winning performance. Great crowd, great evening of theatre!

Bob Mackie (who both designed the costumes for the show and dresses Cher IRL) was in attendance, and while he couldn't take photographs, he came out to sign playbills at the stage door afterwards-- very sweet of him.

5. WDWJDS

WDWJDS Mouseketeer

Saw Once On This Island. Love the set and staging/business going on before the actual show starts. Although my BF has a thick West Indian accent, I still had some difficulty understanding some of the dialogue.

I did enjoy that it was 90 minutes without an intermission. Sometimes I get a little uncomfortable in the smaller seats for 2 1/2 hours.

Erzengel likes this.
  6. L&Lfan

L&Lfan DIS Veteran

I saw An American in Paris on PBS. I was disappointed. The choreography to me seemed very repetitive. My favorite number was Stairway to Paradise, and that was tap! Looking forward to The Sound of Music this Friday.

7. Erzengel

Erzengel Mouseketeer

We finally saw Cursed Child. Did matinees and evening Part 1 and Part 2 on the same day. It was a long day but the show was very good and the audience were so into it. It's definitely a must especially for any Potter fan.

Last weekend we saw Once On This Island which is a smaller show but it won Best Revival last year and that also was really good. They had 2 for 1 tickets for their 1 year anniversary.

I think we are done for a while, but I'd like to see Anastasia and maybe Beetlejuice next year.

8. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

I'm finally seeing Cursed Child this weekend! Can't wait! I'm rounding out the rest of the weekend with Waverly Gallery and The Prom. I think it will be a good mix.

9. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Let us know what you think of The Prom. It's on my "maybe" list for the next time I'm in NYC.