The Blueberry Diaries -- 7 Months of Dining on the Disney College Program! *UPDATE 4/1*

Newsies

Headlines don't sell papes.
Hey howdy hey! Come on in and join my first ever Dining Report!

My name is Kaitlyn. I am a 22-year-old from NJ who just graduated college, and I’m about to start the Disney College Program! For the second time!!

I’ve been on the DISboards since I was in high school, but I frequent the Trip Reports side of the DIS. I have always wanted to do a Dining Report, but I always find myself heading back to Trip Reports! In the ~6 years I’ve been active on the DIS, I’ve written 6 PTRs and TRs to coincide with 6 family vacations. About three years ago, I was lucky enough to participate in the Fall 2016 Disney College Program, where I was an Attractions hostess in Fantasyland. I loved being a Cast Member so much that I knew as soon as I graduated college, I would have to come back and continue my next leg of my professional journey with TWDC on a second College Program. I don’t know where I’ll go from here! I haven’t decided whether or not I’ll stay on board with Disney once my Program is over, but I would love to complete a PI if the timing is right and I find an internship that suits my career goals. I just completed my degree in Communication Studies, and there are a lot of better professional aspects for me up north, so I may come home at the end of my Program.

What matters the most right now is that I’m going back to Disney, and this time, I’ll be here for seven whole months! I’m excited to participate in the Spring Advantage 2020 Disney College Program at Walt Disney World Resort! This time around, I’m going to be a Character Attendant. Character Attendants are lovingly referred to as “blueberries” among entertainment CMs for our signature blue polos. Today, I found out that I would be returning to Magic Kingdom for this Program, and I can't wait to join the blueberry patch at the Most Magical Place on Earth! I'm flying out this Saturday, Feb 1, so the reporting will commence soon!

In the seven months I’ll definitely be here, I’ll be eating a lot of park food. I mean… a whole seven months worth of food. That means seven months worth of food pictures and reviews! From the occasional Joffrey’s pick-me-up before work to a big night out at Cinderella’s Royal Table with my friends, there is so much food to be eaten and reviewed in store for me! Snacks, drinks, meals, you name it-- I am here, I am going to try everything, and I am going to tell you all about it! I'll also be taking you off-property for some unique eats around Orlando and Florida.

Like I said earlier, I have always wanted to try a Dining Report, but I’ve never wanted to stop doing TRs and I never felt like I could juggle both a TR and DR for the same trip. However, I never attempted a TR for my Fall ‘16 DCP, and I do not want to start one for this DCP. I’ve always used my own blog to document my daily life on the DCP, so a TR for something that’s already on my blog feels extremely tiring and redundant. But! I figured this Program would give me the perfect excuse to finally try my hand at a Dining Report! I’ve always loved reviewing restaurants and food in my TRs, and I’ve loved reading other DRs, so DRs have always appealed to me! My family uses the DDP every time we go, so we definitely plan our park days around the ADRs we absolutely can’t miss. This DR won’t include every little thing I eat (I feel like you’d be hearing a LOT about the same iced coffee order!), but the new and exciting things I eat will definitely be included, and once in a while, I’ll probably throw in an update about work, park fun, and life in general!

Before I go I’ll share a little more about my favorite park eats so you guys have an idea of what to expect! First things first: I am a full Joffrey’s stan. My favorite park snack right now, maybe of all time, is the humble Strawberry-frosted donut from Joffrey’s! Some of my favorite restaurants at Disney are Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’, California Grill, Chefs de France, 1900 Park Fare, and La Hacienda de San Angel. Now that I'm 21+, I’ve just started to build up a few favorite park drinks! I love the Piña Colava that you can get at select Disney bars and the lemon grey goose slush at the France Pavilion. Disney has always been a space where I’ve felt comfortable trying foods I wouldn’t normally try at home, so I’m always looking for the newest snacks at the parks!

If you've read this far and are interested in joining me on a 7-month journey through WDW, grab your favorite MagicBand and let's go!

:tink:

Last edited:
My DCP Foodie Bucket List
Here are all of the foods I'm *hoping* to try over the course of 7 months at WDW! If you have any recommendations to add, by all means, feel free to suggest them!

Magic Kingdom
___ Shakin’ Jamaican Cold Brew -- Joffrey’s REVIVE Kiosk (okayyyy, so... technically you can get the Shakin’ Jamaican at any Joffrey’s stand… but I don’t have many other snacks on my bucket list in MK, so I figured I’d just pop it in here!)
___ Frosted Mickey Donut Cookie -- Main Street Confectionery
___ Dill Pickle -- Liberty Square Market
___ Cheeseburger Spring Roll -- Adventureland Egg Roll Cart

Epcot
___ Fiesta Margarita -- Choza de Margarita
___ Nachos -- La Cantina de San Angel
___ Troll Horn -- Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
___ Tipsy Ducks in Love --Joy of Tea
___ Strawberry Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich -- L’Artisan des Glaces
___ Ice Cream Martini -- L’Artisan des Glaces
___ Chocolate Crêpe -- Crêpes de Chefs de France

I
NTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
___ Beef Wellington -- The Artist’s Table
___ Taiyaki -- Goshiki
___ Almond Frangipane Cake -- Pop Eats!
___ Paintbrush churros -- Refreshment Outpost
___ Lobster Chips -- Refreshment Port
___ Baroque Pairing -- The American Adventure

FLOWER & GARDEN FESTIVAL
___ Frushi -- Hanami
___ La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy -- Fleur de Lys
___ Macaron au Chocolat en Sucette -- Fleur de Lys
___ Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade -- Pineapple Promenade

Disney’s Hollywood Studios
___ Blue Bantha -- Oga’s Cantina
___ Fuzzy Tauntaun -- Oga’s Cantina
___ Green Milk -- Milk Stand
___ Outpost Mix -- Kat Saka’s Kettle
___ Mustafarian Lava Roll -- Docking Bay 7
___ Fried Endorian Yip-Tip -- Docking Bay 7
___ Oi-Oi Puff -- Docking Bay 7

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
___ Cheeseburger Pods -- Satu’li Canteen
___ Mo’Ara Margarita -- Pongu Pongu Refreshments
___ Grilled Corn -- Harambe Fruit Market
___ Elephant Ear -- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery
___ Chicken Dumplings -- Mr. Kamal’s
___ Seasoned Fries -- Mr. Kamal’s
___ Corn Chip Pie -- Dino Diner

Disney Springs
___ Morimoto Baby Ribs -- Morimoto Asia Street Food
___ Ganache Square -- The Ganachery
___ Gideon’s Chocolate Chip Cookie -- The Polite Pig

Disney Resort Hotels
___ Beignets -- Port Orleans - French Quarter
___ The Polynesian Pearl -- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
___ HippopotoMai-Tai -- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto
___ Monte Cristo -- Disney’s Riviera Resort

Last edited:

I'M HEERRREE!!! So so excited for you, and CONGRATS on getting to make magic in the Magic Kingdom again!! Can't wait to follow along with your adventures.

I would 10/10 recommend the beef brisket poutine in Epcot if you haven't tried it (this was the only thing I could think of that wasn't already on your list!). You can get it at the Refreshment Port over by Canada and is seriously so yummy. :D

P.S. I am obsessed with the title of this DR. That is all.

Here to follow along. Never really have been into dining reports, but I can't wait to follow along with your DCP experience and the delicious things you'll get to experience!

Looking forward to this! One request: anyway you can change the color of your font? That light blue is really hard to read on the white background! Thanks!

I'm here and so, so hungry.

I'm flying out this Saturday, Feb 1, so the reporting will commence soon!
THAT'S SO SOON!!

Have you tried the brioche ice cream sandwich? They take a fresh brioche bun and put a scoop of ice cream in the middle then put it in a press to warm up the outside. It's one of my favorite things ever.

INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
Is the sous vide chicken on the POP Eats menu this year for iFart? Because it's phenomenal and I so recommend it.

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about all the things you get to try!

Congrats on getting MK! Have a wonderful start to your program!!

Grand Mariner slushie in France. It's a must do for me every trip. Also - I'm there Feb. 6-9. I'd love to say hi since we are now internet besties and all ;) But I guess you will still be in training.

I always love reading your trip reports. Can't wait to hear all about the delicious food you'll be trying too.

Yay!! A dining report Kaitlyn, how exciting. Oh and your CP starting too. :rotfl:
(Can you tell I'm hungry?)
Maybe, just maybe you can get your cohort Timmy to dine with you since it seems he's abandoned his Trip report.
If not I'll still be interested to see how many of your bucket list items you get to eat/drink and what your opinion is.
Just a few more sleeps and you'll be off on your latest adventure. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!