The blue towel people

Travel60

DIS Veteran

We had the privilege of vacationing the same week as these folks who took the "welcome home" to piggish levels. Every morning before nine these obviously custom-made towels were firmly in place with elastic bands by 9:00 next to a table for 4. Only one time did I see one person using the loungers; often mom and dad were at the table but never saw others. Only exception was that one day when we went to beach, I walked through beach house about 8:15 to get towels and saw mom and son putting blue towels on chairs around the pool. By 9:00 my daughter was at the pool with her baby and the rest of us came from beach to pool about. 11. DD said no one had been in chairs. Finally, around 1:00 family came up from beachand went to eat (leaving towels in place). When we left around 4:00 they had not yet been used.

All the people around us are laughing and calling them the blue towel people. Fortunately we were able to make do...7 of us shared 3 chairs but some of the adults we're almost always in pool with kids.

Sad that people have this sense of entitlement and sadder yet that they are teaching it to their children.

Sorry. After the first day, every time I came by there, I would have just removed the towels and put them on the ground next to the chair, whether or not anyone wanted to use the chairs. Putting towels and bags on a chair doesn't make it 'yours.' Since there is no rule saying they can do that, I'm sure there is also no rule saying I can't remove them.

There are actually signs posted at all entrances asking NOT to use personal items or towels to save seats not in use. This sort of thing bothers me (sign of general decline of civility) but I didn't want to spoil my family's vacation. I really thought about following them in one morning and putting their towels in the towel return. But my more civil side won. I was really surprised Disney folks didn't deal with it but they have to walk a very thin line. If I needed a place to sit I would have complained. Maybe then.....

There are actually signs posted at all entrances asking NOT to use personal items or towels to save seats not in use. This sort of thing bothers me (sign of general decline of civility) but I didn't want to spoil my family's vacation. I really thought about following them in one morning and putting their towels in the towel return. But my more civil side won. I was really surprised Disney folks didn't deal with it but they have to walk a very thin line. If I needed a place to sit I would have complained. Maybe then.....
What resort was this?
Denise

Yes, photo was from HHI beach house pool. Other days they appropriated 4 chairs and a table at resort pool.

The DVC tote bag is the "I'm better than you icing on the cake".

We would have pulled up chair tight to their chairs, and loudly play my son's music! My passive-aggressive family would have spend our trip discussing ways to mess with them. In a playful way, of course. A little honey on those cute pillows, frog in the tote, OH the fun we could have planning! Do they still sell itching powder? :rotfl2:

I would've moved all 4 towels for sure.....I am a public school Grade 2 teacher (29 years now) with a "Take-charge" attitude. I wouldn't have given moving the items a second thought.

***I hope the guilty family sees this thread!

I would've moved all 4 towels for sure.....I am a public school Grade 2 teacher (29 years now) with a "Take-charge" attitude. I wouldn't have given moving the items a second thought.

***I hope the guilty family sees this thread!

We would have too. Just folded them up and either left them on 1 chair or given them to the lifeguards.

Sad that people have this sense of entitlement and sadder yet that they are teaching it to their children.

I have done it many times. Pick up the towels, and throw them into an empty chair near by, and use the space for your self.

When people return 2-3 hours later, and get all pissy because their stuff was moved. just ignore them. they can't go to management and say you moved their stuff because they were in the wrong. Can't reserve chairs. People like these are cowards and bullies who only do what they do because too many people don't have the guts to challenge them.

I have done it many times. Pick up the towels, and throw them into an empty chair near by, and use the space for your self.

When people return 2-3 hours later, and get all pissy because their stuff was moved. just ignore them.

"I don't know what you're talking about? These chairs were empty when I arrived..." (ignoring the fact that your spouse removed the towels from them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!