The biggest problem with Aulani was the pool times

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
The adult pools closed at 8pm and just seemed so eye opening for a resort so focused on the water / activities.

I wish there was someone for Disney to think about this policy I wrote them but obviously that’s not going to do anything.

For any adults only going just remember that your pool time will be cut down severely.

To some not a big deal I just like staying out and doing things later which this resort pretty much does after 10 pm.

The adult pools closed at 8pm and just seemed so eye opening for a resort so focused on the water / activities.

I wish there was someone for Disney to think about this policy I wrote them but obviously that’s not going to do anything.

For any adults only going just remember that your pool time will be cut down severely.

To some not a big deal I just like staying out and doing things later which this resort pretty much does after 10 pm.
Does seem pretty early!

The pool time didn't affect us, but I will say that the resort was a dead zone after 9-10pm. I would have said its because its family oriented and kids are in bed by then, but we found this to be the case nearly everywhere we stayed in Hawaii. Not much open at night or any night life to be found anywhere we went. Not sure if that's a cultural thing or what. We normally sleep late and stay up late, but we were the exact opposite while in Hawaii because we just conformed with how everyone else seemed to operate! I agree though that extending pool/hot tub times would at least give people another option for something to do after dinner.

I thought it was a shame that they lit the lazy river so beautifully (the bubbling bowls) but it was closed right around dark every night. I really wanted to float around there and enjoy the serenity of all the lanterns and the music...

I never saw this as an issue as there are plenty of adult things happening after the pool closes, cocktails, dinner live music, beach walks....

Just got back from there and the adult spa and pools are open until 10PM at this time of the year. I think that's a pretty standard time for most resorts.

I can see why they close the all-ages areas early. It's a bit too dark for the lifeguards to see when it gets late with the existing lighting. It's nicer to keep the lighting as is and close early IMHO. But it was nice floating in the lazy river late until they blocked it off and kicked everyone out.

Odd that the opening times seem to vary day-to-day. Sometimes, it's 8 AM, sometimes 9 AM. No wonder the signs have those changeable slots for the pool hours.

I never saw this as an issue as there are plenty of adult things happening after the pool closes, cocktails, dinner live music, beach walks....

I respectfully disagree there were plenty of adult things to do at the resort, as I noted in my post above. The things you list are about the extent of it. I rarely drink alcohol so sitting around having cocktails isn't always our first choice. We did enjoy the live music and strolled around, even to the other resorts. But having a hot tub or pool open late would be a welcome option for many. Not only for adults, but even people with kids and teens who are obviously not drinking, and may be bored with music and beach walks.

Just got back from there and the adult spa and pools are open until 10PM at this time of the year. I think that's a pretty standard time for most resorts.

I can see why they close the all-ages areas early. It's a bit too dark for the lifeguards to see when it gets late with the existing lighting. It's nicer to keep the lighting as is and close early IMHO. But it was nice floating in the lazy river late until they blocked it off and kicked everyone out.

Odd that the opening times seem to vary day-to-day. Sometimes, it's 8 AM, sometimes 9 AM. No wonder the signs have those changeable slots for the pool hours.

When I was there the adult pool closed at 8 pm as well

Glad I read this in my research if staying here is worth it after our hawaii cruise on the Wonder. This is a deal breaker for us. Wensre adults and teens who love a late swim. Even at WDW we will hit the pools late at night to chill after the parks. For what Aulani charge and otherthings I have read (lack of dining, having tonwait in long line to sign up for things etcc) and as I said 8pm closing (what resort closes their pools that ealry?!?!). Aulani is not a fit us, especially at those rates.

Hitting the pool for a late night cool off after a long day of touring doesnt seem possible here

I was lucky the last time I stayed there. It was still within the week of New Years. So they had extended pool hours till 10pm until the 6th of January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter