• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The best $$$-saving web-sites on the internet!

Lindy

Earning My Ears
After the many hours of looking for the best deals these are the ones I have found!
Airlines and fares:
airtran.com (not american trans air)-this site has the best prices right off the site!
priceline.com-this site can be great depending on the dates
travelocity.com-this I believe is a little better than priceline but it can work both ways
:pinkbounc

best on-site motel prices:
mousesavers.com-gives all the codes disney puts out for their discounts-check it out!

tickets::earsboy: :earsgirl: :sunny:
floridaorlandotickets.net-saves a couple bucks but think of it this way:themoney you save will buy you a t-shirt!-all tickets availible here

:tongue:
Please, if you ANY sites to add please do so!
I also would like to know if any has flown on "air tran" and if it is good???

Did you actually get your tickets from floridaorlandotickets.net yet? Do you have them in hand? I ask because I haven't heard of anyone using them so far and want to know how your experience with them went.

I have tried many sites, and I think the new ORBITZ site, www.orbitz.com is the best as far as ease of use, and many great prices to compare at your fingertips. the newspaper here said they are quoting 400 airlines, which is very hard to believe, but they have GREAT fares.

Better Than Orbits, is the Fare Finder at www.iwon.com, Travel. It tracked down $159. fares from portland,oregon to Orlando!! This is an unheard of Price!! Even w/the airport Fees and co. fee's it still came out $198. When I was looking for my flight to go earlier this yeas All I could find was $349.:mad:

I believe the farefinder at iwon is travelocity.

the I-Won farefinder is Orbitz which is easier to use than Travelocity because they give you a grid at the top which shows the lowest price by airline and number of stops. That way, you can easily compare the difference in cost for non-stop vs one-stop vs 2+ stop. There is an even bigger difference in finding rental cars where Orbitz is the only way to go. They give a matrix of price by rental company and class of car. However, they do not do this for Hotels. Orbitz is completely useless for finding a hotel as they don't have the matrix and they don't even show the price in the list of Hotels.

Jason

Has anyone tried Hotwire.com for airfare? I just booked a friend of mine a hotel room in Back Bay Boston at a very nice, recently renovated Hilton for $55 a night. (For thos eof oyu who know Boston it is on Dalton Street)

I guess Hotwire is a travel reseller who buys large blocks of airfare and hotels. Then you go to the site, input when and where you want to go and it spits back the general area of the hotel, BUT DOESN'T TELL YOU THE NAME OF THE HOTEL, and the price and a rating of the hotel (it gave the Hilton 4 stars... I've stayed there before, it's very nice and usually costs $200 a night at least)

Then once you agree to the price and buy the non-refundable, non-transferrable room, it tells you what hotel you booked at.

I think it's too dicey to use in Orlando for Hotel Rooms (I checked for the WDW area and it give too wide an area to know if you are getting a hotel near Downtown Disney, or if you are getting one off I-4)

I was just wondering if anyone used them for airfare.

This site is DEB'S UNOFFICIAL WALT DISNEY WORLD INFORMATION GUIDE this is one of the best info sites.If you hear something you aren't sure about,check out Debs site to see if it's offical and how it works!! Deb keeps the site current!! You can check out menu's for WDW restaurant,the size of ride seats, and tons of other stuff!!

http://www.wdwig.com/contents.htm

Hi tink!

We like to think of the DIS as "one of the BEST Disney info sites" on the web too! :D
(we like Deb's site too - but it is hard to be impartial! :D)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter