The Best Bang for Your Buck Bridging to AP...

lorilclevelandrn

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

We have trips planned in October, as well as, Free Dining in November. I’m considering upgrading our tickets to AP. Any 3rd party deals worth purchasing to save a few bucks? I’m kicking myself for not doing it when we were there in June before the price hike.

TIA😊!

I know undercover tourist usually saves a few bucks. The problem is that you need tickets for your free dining package in November. If November were your first trip you could upgrade those, however, since those tickets are date based now, if you upgrade your AP in October then don't use your November tickets those expire. I think if they expire you can get the value of those tickets put toward a new ticket, but it must be done in person. So if you don't do it while you're in Disney, you run the risk of deciding to use them for a future trip, but not being able to swap tickets out ahead of time thus not being able to make fastpasses.

I know undercover tourist usually saves a few bucks. The problem is that you need tickets for your free dining package in November. If November were your first trip you could upgrade those, however, since those tickets are date based now, if you upgrade your AP in October then don't use your November tickets those expire. I think if they expire you can get the value of those tickets put toward a new ticket, but it must be done in person. So if you don't do it while you're in Disney, you run the risk of deciding to use them for a future trip, but not being able to swap tickets out ahead of time thus not being able to make fastpasses.

Perhaps the November tickets could be upgraded to an AP voucher?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts