The Best and the worst resorts at Disney

Only stayed at BC, WL, GF, POR. Of those our favorite was WL, mainly because it was Christmas time. Place is awesome at Christmas. Worst would be POR but we really liked it, it is just not up to par with the others.

my opinion differs depending of variables ( season/length etc )
But For now, Best AK/dvc savannah
Worst: don’t prefer Values but when desperate I will grab a room for a Disney Fix...
There’s no Worst I suppose ..just less
“Best” lol

Based on where I have stayed, the best would be The Grand Floridian, and the worst would be All-Star Movies.

I personally loved CBR. For the needs we had which was 5 adult women in one room, and the fact that no one minded walking (if you do then Disney is not the greatest option! LOL) this was a perfect resort. The rooms were spacious and they were not overly expensive and they had drink refills in our building. (and for a diet coke fiend that was awesome) I personally will stay here again after the gondola goes in! I have also stayed at POP which was perfect for 3 rooms and 12 people. All close together, price was right, clean and easy access to QS for the kids with us. The only other place I stayed was SSR in a 2 bedroom villa. That was due to a conference my sister was attending so it was free for me and my daughter. It was beautiful! But talk about a big resort!!! I would love to try another deluxe (especially the epcot ones) but its a lot of money per night so for right now, it's not in the cards. Maybe buying DVC down the road is and that will give me the latitude to stay there.
I think the PP is correct about subjective, because what some people love others hate. One poster said CBR was awful because you had to take a bus to the restaurant but for me I never did that and I was at the other end. And if you have a family of runners who like to jog every morning CBR & CSR are apparently wonderful for that.

You'll likely get a better answer by asking people who have more in common with your family's needs and wants.

All that to say that I'm going in November and staying at POFQ and couldn't be more excited to try something new!

good luck in your polling!

We have only stayed at places I really wanted to stay, so honestly I've loved them all.
We've stayed at POR, WL, AKL, and we are staying at the POLY for the first time this spring.

Best right now is WL. the location is perfect, close to everything but feels secluded. great food options
and fun pool and activities too. only complaint is the rooms need a little love, they're starting to look worn in.
Im super excited to try the POLY, so we'll see if that overtakes WL as my favorite, but right now
its hard to beat.

Worst is tricky because I loved them all, but of the three I had more problems with AKL.
Our stay there wasn't very fair, it was only 3 nights at the beginning of the week (I get notoriously bad sleep
the first few nights of vacation, a mixture of time changes and excitement haha). we found the bus rides to be
long to anything other than AK, we found the rooms to be nice but not all that comfortable,
and yes the hallways were incredibly long. But on the other hand the resort is GORGEOUS, and the food and
service was wonderful. I think if we stayed there a whole week and really got the lay of the land,
it would wind up being my favorite resort. In fact my plan is to return there on our next trip :)

I will say the resorts I have little to no desire in staying at would be:
Coronado
Caribbean beach
Contemporary (unless it was MK view, club level)
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
All Stars (any of them)
Saratoga Springs

Thanks for letting me share :)

Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is a complete other world, a fantasy escape. I have so many happy memories of that place that im not even sure I could ever go back in case its not as good!

Best deluxe - AKV savanna view
Worst deluxe - GF. The theming makes me want to puke.

Best mod - tough call - POFQ or CSR. Love theming and resort layouts
Worst mod - CBR. Blah theming, weak pool area, annoying spread out

Best value - AoA family suites (but that price is really mod price - so single room - Pop; food court better as AoA than All Stars)
Worst value - AS Movies - simply because it's always seems a few dollars higher than Music or Sports because there's really no difference

It’s probably easier to rank mine as like some on here, I am generally ok with them. Exception being the one at the bottom. But... From fave to least fave as of this moment...

1 - AKL
2 - CBR*
3 - Sports**
4 - Music**
5 - CSR
6 - POR
7 - POP

* This could very well change if I am not a fan of the changes once I am able to stay there again. Being gluten-free I was not comfortable with the food tent set-up so I opted not to stay this trip. Turned out to be a non-issue as I only ate one meal at the Sports food court anyway. Oh well.

** Once these get the hospital-chic redo that POP has, they will go into a 3-way tie at the bottom of the list. Not a fan of that redo, and I honestly might rethink my plans if that was all that was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts