The Beauty of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Leaving on Friday and staying for a week. Can't wait. The pictures were gorgeous!

Congress park Building 3 from the Character in Flight Balloon at DTD earlier this month.

DSC_1405_zpsyczzbirs.jpg

Early morning departure photos.
IMG_1927_zps93kwpjzn.jpg

IMG_1928_zpskanckc3b.jpg

IMG_1926_zpsnvu3r0pj.jpg

We took many more, but they were more practical of the pool, playground and BBQ area at Congress Park.

Congress park Building 3 from the Character in Flight Balloon at DTD earlier this month.

DSC_1405_zpsyczzbirs.jpg

Early morning departure photos.
IMG_1927_zps93kwpjzn.jpg

IMG_1928_zpskanckc3b.jpg

IMG_1926_zpsnvu3r0pj.jpg

We took many more, but they were more practical of the pool, playground and BBQ area at Congress Park.
Thanks for the photos
Lee

I will be returning "home" in December to celebrate my daughter's birthday. In Feb., I will be returning with my sister and niece who have never stayed there. They have only stayed value, so I am beyond excited to show them this awesomeness!

I hope to see an otter when we are there next week!

Beautiful pictures, thank you, all!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. I have never understood the dislike so many have for this resort, it is lovely and has great amenities.

Gorgeous pictures!

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with bus travel to and from MK from SSR? I hear that wait time for a bus can be up to 15-20 minutes. Is that about right? After you board, what can you expect? Are there lots of other stops, stops at other resorts, etc.? What's the average travel time. TIA!

Gorgeous pictures!

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with bus travel to and from MK from SSR? I hear that wait time for a bus can be up to 15-20 minutes. Is that about right? After you board, what can you expect? Are there lots of other stops, stops at other resorts, etc.? What's the average travel time. TIA!
For some reason, SSR has obtained a reputation of having poor transportation. I've personally never found that to be the case. Is it as convenient as walking into the Magic Kingdom from BLT, or into Epcot from Beach Club? Of course not. But there is consistent, solid transportation to all locations.

Disney advertises that there will be a bus to each destination approximately every 20 minutes. On occasion, you'll wait longer. At other times, the wait will be shorter. Everyone who's used Disney buses has a story of "that time we waited 45 minutes for a bus." It happens, but fortunately it's an exception. Also, this isn't unique to SSR. We've had it happen at every one of the DVC resorts.

SSR has five stops for the theme park routes. For a full round trip to a park and back to your room, you'll see all five of those stops. Depending on where you get on, whether the driver needs to load or unload any ECVs, and traffic conditions, you'll be at the park 20-30 minutes after getting on the bus. A good rule of thumb is that you'll generally be at the park entrance about an hour after you leave your room.

For our family, we typically get a rental car for our WDW trips. From SSR, we'll usually drive to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. However, we'll always take the bus to Magic Kingdom. When you factor in the time to drive/park, catch the parking lot tram, and then the monorail/ferry from the TTC, the bus is preferable for us.

Gorgeous pictures!

We've had three trips to SSR and I feel that SSR's bus service is no worse than any other Disney resort. During our last trip in June, the longest we waited for a bus was just under 13 minutes. Most of the time the buses came in 5 minutes or less.

On our return trips, the longest we waited for a bus was less than 20 minutes.

Most SSR buses go directly to and from the Parks with no other stops. The exception is with buses to Animal Kingdom which sometimes include stops at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.

People complain that SSR has five internal bus stops, which they think slows down a bus ride. But they tend to forget several other resorts also involve buses with multiple external stops. We took a Wilderness Lodge-to-MK bus that first went to Fort Wilderness; we taken other buses from BLT that stopped at the Poly and Grand Floridian; and, my all time favorite are the BWV buses that stop at the Swan, the Dolphin, the Beach Club, and the BWV.

As wdrl posted during our last SSR trip we did wait for an Epcot bus once for 13 minutes, but the MK buses arrived within 6 minutes or less.

bump

I'm missing SSR and have 4 months to wait until we see it again. Anyone have some additional photos to tide me over?

LoL I wouldn't mind as well......Waiting for our 1st visit in the fall...WOuld love some as well....

Yes, any recent photos or any photos not yet posted. We have 4 1/2 months to our first visit. We can not wait. The resort looks gorgeous.

I can see my favorite chair in this shot. Oh, to be sitting there with my Pina CoLava playing a game of Scrabble and not having a care in the world. Four months and counting!

Thanks for the smile, DenLo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!