The Beauty of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

While we're on the topic of the beauty of SSR, anyone notice the increase in dues for 2015? I was pretty surprised when I saw it -looks like almost 20% ...am I reading that right? When I checked the DVCmember site it looked like it would be around $6/point ...but after checking on the Internet it was more like $5.18/point, which makes more sense.

While we're on the topic of the beauty of SSR, anyone notice the increase in dues for 2015? I was pretty surprised when I saw it -looks like almost 20% ...am I reading that right? When I checked the DVCmember site it looked like it would be around $6/point ...but after checking on the Internet it was more like $5.18/point, which makes more sense.

Just got our statement yesterday ...looks like they rolled some 2014 tax into January which made that month only look high. I never noticed them do that before.

Just got our statement yesterday ...looks like they rolled some 2014 tax into January which made that month only look high. I never noticed them do that before.
January is always when they balance out the tax estimate from the previous year. Sometimes it's an increase, sometimes it's a decrease.

we love the beauty of SSR. So glad we bought there 11 years ago. Dave your pictures are always beautiful. We head down to SSR in 2 1/2 weeks for a non park relaxing vacation. Can't wait. Love SSR more each time we visit. To us it feels like home.

I so enjoy reading all the nice things about SSR! We just bought here and are making our first visit home February 1. Can't wait!

After visiting all of the DVC resorts we hadn't stayed at before on our last trip, we knew OKW and SSR were the places we wanted to start. We aren't huge park people, the BF loves golf and we enjoy DTD. The calmness and beauty of these two is just lovely.

The pictures are much appreciated! Helps to picture myself there instead of home in this snow! LOL

Since you're all talking about SSR We're going in Dec.have been there 3x's before and have always stayed in Congress Park. It's just myself and my wife. Any suggestions for a different areas to try?

Well we didn't go in Dec.stayed at OKW,but going in March .Any Ideas? Anyone?

Well we didn't go in Dec.stayed at OKW,but going in March .Any Ideas? Anyone?
Check out the SSR FAQs. They're in post #2 of this thread. (There's also a link in my signature.) FAQ#4 will give you pros and cons for each section of SSR, and should help you pick the one that best suits you.

Best pictures of SSR that I seen so far!

Thank you!

Dave, your photos are gorgeous. I especially love your shots of the statuary and the rocking chairs. Thanks for sharing your talent!

SSR is the first resort we bought into, and my 3rd favorite resort overall (after BCV and now GFV - for different reasons). SSR has a special place in our hearts as our "Christmas Resort", because we always seem to choose to stay there in December. It just feels so "homey", the landscaping is so beautiful everywhere you look, we love the pleasant walk to DTD, or a nice boat ride, Artist's Palette is one of the best counter service restaurants on property and has those beautiful glass hangings, Turf Club has such a nice patio, the pools are great... what's not to love about SSR?:love:

The really nice thing about DVC is that all the resorts are different, and so they are each great for their own reasons and their own purposes!

BigAWL, your photos are beautiful as well. Particularly nice job on the night time and wildlife shots!!! Love them.

We have been SSR owners since 2005. We love it! Beautiful! Love the closeness to DTD. Beautiful pictures! Thank you!

It's very big and lots of walking involved. The biggest plus is the proximity to DTD.

I really hope my contract passes ROFR. Just sent a resale contract Friday! I love the pictures here!!!!!

Loved seeing the pictures and can't wait until I am there in December. Hoping that new pictures will be posted soon.

Millerette and Me will be there in 40 days, and will definitely be taking lots of pictures!

Thanks so much for the pictures! Sadly SSR has gotten a bad rap on these boards and these pictures show that, although it is a large resort and not as near to the parks as other resorts, it may be the most beautiful resort at WDW.

I'm really interested to see the impact Disney Springs has on SSR. In general, the biggest issue people have with SSR is that it is too far removed or the theming isn't as nice as AKL, etc. I feel with Disney Springs, opinions might be changing soon.

The proximity to DTD is one of the reasons we are staying there. I hope Disney Springs is almost done when we get there in early December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter