The Beauty of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa

Fantastic, Dave! We will arrive Oct 25 and look forward to walking across the bridge. It was still being constructed when we were there in May.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

SSR is our favorite resort also. It is beautiful, relaxing, well maintained, and has excellent CMs.

Since you're all talking about SSR We're going in Dec.have been there 3x's before and have always stayed in Congress Park. It's just myself and my wife. Any suggestions for a different areas to try?

Taking advantage of the late spring offer my DH, as a gift, just booked us for 1 night at SSR after our cruise. (I recently got a crush when I saw pictures of studios available in the resort) but until I saw this thread I did not realize how gorgeous SSR is. Now I'm even more excited to stay there in April. Thank you for this thread.

Wow beautiful photos! I have never stayed at SSR...still new to DVC, but it will have to be on the list for next year! pixiedust:

I hate to be the thread spoiler. But SSR is not a real Disney resort. It's so far away from Magic Kingdom. The buses are always full and unreliable. You need to prepare 15 minutes to wait for a bus and another 30 minutes in a bus with all sick kids coughing and sharing that air with you. So let's be realistic, 45 minutes to get into Disney? It's like living off site. In most cities, 45 minutes can get you to a very outer limit of the city already. Think about your own home town, where does 45 minutes bring you?

If you have a dining reservation around MK, then you need to leave super early. If you have an early morning Magic Hour like December holiday, it's on everyday. By the time you get to the park, that extended hour is almost over for you.

Now you see why its point cost is really cheap compared to BLT or VGF now?

By the way, Downtown Disney is a mess now with the construction. I would not want to live around there these days. The traffic jam, taxi shortage, disney bus stop reduction (from 2 to 1), etc etc. It's an Unpleasure Island these days.

I stayed there with a friend (brand new to WDW) for Wine&Dine Half, and we loved it. She really loved it. She was so impressed with everything; it was neat to see things through her eyes. (even MBs, she loved MBs! loved FP+! loved the whole darned thing)

She thought SSR was just gorgeous. So did I, but I've been there before. :)

I hate to be the thread spoiler. But SSR is not a real Disney resort. It's so far away from Magic Kingdom.

So being close to MK is the definition of a "real" Disney resort?

Hmm. Not a definition I agree with. :)

Aren't all resorts bought through disney the same point cost?

Buying resale, if SSR is cheaper it's because there's availability because it's big AND because it doesn't have as many years left as the new ones do.

I hate to be the thread spoiler. But SSR is not a real Disney resort. It's so far away from Magic Kingdom. The buses are always full and unreliable. You need to prepare 15 minutes to wait for a bus and another 30 minutes in a bus with all sick kids coughing and sharing that air with you. So let's be realistic, 45 minutes to get into Disney? It's like living off site. In most cities, 45 minutes can get you to a very outer limit of the city already. Think about your own home town, where does 45 minutes bring you?

If you have a dining reservation around MK, then you need to leave super early. If you have an early morning Magic Hour like December holiday, it's on everyday. By the time you get to the park, that extended hour is almost over for you.

By the way, Downtown Disney is a mess now with the construction. I would not want to live around there these days. The traffic jam, taxi shortage, disney bus stop reduction (from 2 to 1), etc etc. It's an Unpleasure Island these days.
Tell us how you really feel.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. SSR is my favorite Disney resort. I'm sorry you had some bad experiences with it. Fortunately, there are many others to choose from.

Lots of people like different resorts for different reasons. We love SSR and bought there because my BF loves golf, we like the quiet atmosphere and we enjoy DTD. We don't spend as much time in the parks as we used to either but I never found it inconvenient to anywhere. It's home :)

I hate to be the thread spoiler. But SSR is not a real Disney resort. It's so far away from Magic Kingdom. The buses are always full and unreliable. You need to prepare 15 minutes to wait for a bus and another 30 minutes in a bus with all sick kids coughing and sharing that air with you........

wow :sad2:
so......"sick kids" on crowded buses are exclusive to SSR? what about the bus rides/monorail to EPCOT/DHS/AK, DTD & water parks from MK resorts? guess a lot of guests missed that memo :confused3

we find SSR to be a true resort versus hotel - a resort especially for those who do not want nor need to be surrounded by oversized animation, constant noise & crowds, but enjoy the more elegant & interesting sides of Disney (including the natural splendor that is too often missed when focus is solely on only the make-believe).
the majority of DVC resorts are small, creating a sense of exclusivity.....but less of something does not necessarily mean it's better :)

Thanks all for the insight, photos, and great stories and reviews. To all the haters, I think there is an underlying alternative reason for the tirades, but that will be left for another day.

Let me start off by saying, I currently own at SSR since 2011, but have yet to stay here. Yes I bought because it was cheaper than the others and yes I only had 44 years left, but for $100 a point, and directly through Disney to me it was a bargain.

The reason We haven't stayed here isn't because of choice. We know we will always bea able to stay here when we want at 11 mos. out , so we'd try at other resorts where it would be tough. We've been lucky so far, but will not be disappointed at all by staying here...this thread just made me even more sure of us doing the right thing and calling SSR....HOME:goodvibes.

Thanks again..DizDad:thumbsup2

We've owned at SSR since 2012 and I will admit I wasn't impressed...at first. We haven't stayed there yet but we will be there in June and I can't wait. We visited SSR on our last few trips and it is gorgeous. We really enjoy all that a condo style resort has to offer. Looking forward to June!

Does anyone know if the Turf Club has TVs for the Super Bowl? We are arriving that day and don't really want to have to have to travel to watch the game. If not, any close recommendations?

Does anyone know if the Turf Club has TVs for the Super Bowl? We are arriving that day and don't really want to have to have to travel to watch the game. If not, any close recommendations?

We were there for the last Super Bowl and they have one tv with the game on in the lounge area by the small bar... I thought it was horrible but that's mainly because I am a Broncos fan and they were slaughtered. Lol. As for being able to watch the game and feel comfortable- it was great. Our daughter loved playing pool and having snacks and everything..

We were there for the last Super Bowl and they have one tv with the game on in the lounge area by the small bar... I thought it was horrible but that's mainly because I am a Broncos fan and they were slaughtered. Lol. As for being able to watch the game and feel comfortable- it was great. Our daughter loved playing pool and having snacks and everything..

Awesome that's what we're looking for. Was it crowded there? I would assume not but thought I'd ask :)

Awesome that's what we're looking for. Was it crowded there? I would assume not but thought I'd ask :)

Not crowded at all, plenty of couches and chairs for everyone. Enjoy!! BTW If Denver makes it to the big game again I may very well see you there!

Not crowded at all, plenty of couches and chairs for everyone. Enjoy!! BTW If Denver makes it to the big game again I may very well see you there!

Awesome all the way around! My Eagles are out and my BF (the disillusioned Cowboys fan) still has his hopes up LOL

We will watch no matter who plays though! Thank you again!

Great pictures! Thanks! Looking forward to our second stay at SSR in February 2015! :cool1:

Thanks for the post. I think I'm excited enough to pay my annual dues now!

Haven't stayed there yet, but hoping to in the future...pretty sure if we ever add on to our BLT contract, it would be at SSR. My only concern is the theme...we own a horse farm. I'm actually a horse trainer and riding instructor. I've worked at Belmont Park, and Saratoga in upstate NY. We board, train etc...and I'm a little worried that I won't feel like I'm on vacation at a horse racing themed resort LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter