The August 2018 "Vacation Vote" Exercise Thread

I am in for the month. Sorry I am late to the game. We just got back from a Disney Cruise. I am going to keep my goal low this month and go with 620 minutes. I have no clue what i did on the boat. We did do a lot of stairs but DH and myself laid in the sun a lot. We are just not going to count any minutes for this time. I am hoping to be able to catch up quickly though on the drive home I spilled a cup of hot tea on me and got a few 1st degree burns. My hands healed fast but my leg is taking some time and still hurts a lot today. So I am hoping to be back to normal by the end of the week.

I am in for the month. Sorry I am late to the game. We just got back from a Disney Cruise. I am going to keep my goal low this month and go with 620 minutes. I have no clue what i did on the boat. We did do a lot of stairs but DH and myself laid in the sun a lot. We are just not going to count any minutes for this time. I am hoping to be able to catch up quickly though on the drive home I spilled a cup of hot tea on me and got a few 1st degree burns. My hands healed fast but my leg is taking some time and still hurts a lot today. So I am hoping to be back to normal by the end of the week.
Sorry to hear you burned yourself :( sounds pretty painful. Hope it up heals quickly. Your Disney cruise sounds nice tho :)

I'd like to try Tiffins, too! We don't usually focus in the food at AK - maybe we should!

So, I have to take a spot on the sidelines of the challenge for the rest of this month. Having some issues with dizziness and balance - sorry to bore you with details. I'll still hang out here when I can and cheer you all on! Hopefully this will resolve in a week or so and I'll get clearance to do some walking. You're all doing so well!!!

Sorry I've been MIA. We were out of town and had very poor reception where we were staying. It also rained almost the whole time we were there, so I have very few minutes to post. The forced relaxation was just what we needed, though.

50 minutes since last update

645/1500

The AK day sounds great! I've never been to Tiffins, either, and not sure when that will happen in real life, so it gets my vote for dinner, too.

Nice to see you back here! Hope your burns heal quickly.

I'd like to try Tiffins, too! We don't usually focus in the food at AK - maybe we should!

So, I have to take a spot on the sidelines of the challenge for the rest of this month. Having some issues with dizziness and balance - sorry to bore you with details. I'll still hang out here when I can and cheer you all on! Hopefully this will resolve in a week or so and I'll get clearance to do some walking. You're all doing so well!!!

I hope things get better soon! We'd love to have you join in anytime.

@BonnieF sorry you're feeling unwell :( hope it resolves quickly and stays away!

I am taking it easy today because I decided to "fast". Might go for a relaxing walk later or do some yin yoga but nothing too strenuous

Hope you're all having a wonderful evening:flower1:

We have congratulations in order! liquid17 has reached Parade Purple and DaddysPrincess has reached Dessert Party Pink!

Looks like we all decided to go to Tiffins for Dinner at Animal Kingdom! I never really thought that the food sounded that appealing, BUT I just looked at the menu and there are a lot of interesting sounding dishes and I want to try it now all of a sudden. Haha!

Now onto DAY THREE!

Where do we want to go?

Epcot or DHS? OR do we want to revisit MK again?

I spilled a cup of hot tea on me and got a few 1st degree burns. My hands healed fast but my leg is taking some time and still hurts a lot today. So I am hoping to be back to normal by the end of the week.
Take it easy on yourself! I'm so sorry that happened to you!

@BonnieF , I'm sorry you've not been feeling well, take it easy, and we can adjust your month goal later to better suit what you were able to do.

Thank you everyone. I am hanging in there. Yesterday was a bad day. I was in a lot of pain. I did go back to the doctor and everything is looking good. It just might take longer then I thought to heal. I am going to see how I feel next week before I change my time or bow out for the month.

I would love to go to HS to see TL. I tried to get DH to make a detour on our way home so we could go to TL. He wasn't having it.

Way to go, you guys!!! Doing so well!
Piglet - sorry it's taking so long for you to feel better :worried:
I've actually had a little progress - took a post dinner walk around the block (that's just short of 1/2 mile in my neighborhood) with my hubby for support. Any excuse to hold hands! Hoping I can drive in a few days.

HS sounds great - TSM and SDD - yippee! And, how about some 'abuse' at 50's Prime Time cafe for lunch?

+160 since last report

660/1300

Hope everyone who is injured heals fast and feels better soon!

I would like to see Toy Story Land (I get the sense that it's a lot like Toy Story Land at Disneyland Paris, which was quite cute). And we always try to make it a priority to go to the Prime Time Cafe! Unless there's a Star Wars meal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter