The Art of Animation Official Picture Thread

aoa46.jpg

aoa45.jpg

aoa47.jpg

aoa48.jpg

aoa49.jpg

aoa50.jpg

Had a great stay at the AoA early last month. What better thing to actually stay in the middle of a favorite movie - which is why I choosed a Lion King Suite.

What I loved the most was that huge picture of Simba inside the pull-down bed. That is so CUTE!:thumbsup2 They should sell a poster of that - I'd buy it right away! At least I managed to get a somehwat good photo of it. Feel free to download if you like it:

Sleeping Simba at Lion King Suite #6538 - Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Some more Lion King photos...

Simba in The Lion King at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Young Simba in the Lion King Section of Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Mufasa is my favorite statue. Fits the king very well!

Mufasa on Pride Rock in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Mufasa on Pride Rock in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Not the only reference of Mufasa though:

Mufasa on a Building in the Lion King Section - Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Notepad with Mufasa and Simba in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

The hyenas on top of the playground:

Elephant Graveyard Playground in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Elephant Graveyard Playground in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

If the hyenas are around, Scar can't be too far away:

Scar in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Scar in the Lion King Section at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Rafiki stands at the begin of the Lion King section, as you walk from the Nemo area:

Rafiki in the Lion King Section of Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Movie nights at the AoA are held just next to Pride Rock:

Movie Night in the Lion King Section of Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

My room was "Jungle #6538" as the front desk CM called it. It's in building 6, ground floor. #6 is the building where you have to pass under the log with Timon, Pumbaa and Simba.

Loved the carpeting details:

Carpeting at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Some room pictures:

Murphy Bed in Lion King Suite #6538 at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Lion King Suite #6538 at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Lion King Suite #6538 at Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Walt Disney World by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Is that colored/light/wall thingy behind the check-in desk supposed to represent something in particular or is it supposed to just be art?

I love everything about AoA EXCEPT for this wall/light/art thing. It just looks very gaudy/tacky to me. I would have liked to see characters with paint splatters all over the place or something whimsical. This looks like it belongs in the contemporary.

Is that colored/light/wall thingy behind the check-in desk supposed to represent something in particular or is it supposed to just be art?

I love everything about AoA EXCEPT for this wall/light/art thing. It just looks very gaudy/tacky to me. I would have liked to see characters with paint splatters all over the place or something whimsical. This looks like it belongs in the contemporary.

I don't know for sure. I guess just a color palatte. I actually like it though. They do have a wall of characters though too

I made the tie dye turquois and brown one and ordered the blue and red on last year from a Diser who also sells on etsy.
My Daughter dresses much better than I do. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!