The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

katiesam

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

katiesam has generously agreed to let me change her thread into a general Annual Pass information and questions thread.

Theres been a lot of recent interest in Annual Passes for DLP, there are good deals to be had and Annual Passes give you lots of discounts, and lots of flexibility when considering a trip to The Magic.

So lets use this thread to post information, questions and answers to help everyone get the most out of Annual Passes for DLP!

DLRPMagic's Annual Pass information page is here -

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

cemultiavantages current Annual pass discount offers here -

http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/404/passeports-annuels-promos.html

ThBa's thread on buying full Annual passes from Disney through the post -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076546

booking tips for annual pass holders thread here -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2423594

Hi all,

I know that the price of park tickets has increased this month but have AP prices increased too? I thought they generally increased in April but haven't seen anything to suggest it has happened this year.

Our Dream AP's run out this month and we won't be able to squeeze in another trip before they run out but we're hoping to go later in the year (possibly July).

I'm wondering what's the best way to renew them and have thought of the following options:

1) Renew when we get to DLP - would we get extra months free for renewing our passes and if so, how soon do we have to renew them after they expire?

2) Use shareholder's discount - not sure how we do this though, can we just show the card at the passport office and get the discount there or do we need to order online/over the phone?

3) Buy online from one of the French sites that offer a discount - we don't need kid's passes so is this worthwhile?

Also open to other suggestions if I've missed a cheaper way to do it!

Hi all,

I know that the price of park tickets has increased this month but have AP prices increased too? I thought they generally increased in April but haven't seen anything to suggest it has happened this year.

I haven't seen anything this month about AP increases either from DLP.

Our Dream AP's run out this month and we won't be able to squeeze in another trip before they run out but we're hoping to go later in the year (possibly July).

I'm wondering what's the best way to renew them and have thought of the following options:

1) Renew when we get to DLP - would we get extra months free for renewing our passes and if so, how soon do we have to renew them after they expire?

you need to renew within a month of your AP expiring I believe, to get the 6 months free on your next AP purchase.

2) Use shareholder's discount - not sure how we do this though, can we just show the card at the passport office and get the discount there or do we need to order online/over the phone?

yes, you get the discount there and then at the AP office with your shareholders card, no need to do anything before you get there.

3) Buy online from one of the French sites that offer a discount - we don't need kid's passes so is this worthwhile?

no, the discount sites prices for APs have increased recently, so if you have shareholders discount use that.

Also open to other suggestions if I've missed a cheaper way to do it!

hope this helps,

Thanks so much for the help Elaine :goodvibes

Is it possible to renew APs online (or by phone) or is it only possible to renew at the park?

We're thinking of going in July and our passes ran out yesterday so 6 months free would be worth more than the 15% shareholders discount.

Another thought: if APs can only be renewed in the park, can one person renew passes for a whole family or does everyone need to be present? I know that APs have photographs but when we got them last year, 2 of my family members who had owned passes a couple of years previously weren't asked to pose for new photos (new photos WERE taken in the end but only because my family asked if they could have updated photos!) :rotfl:

Thanks so much for the help Elaine :goodvibes

Is it possible to renew APs online (or by phone) or is it only possible to renew at the park?

you can renew by post, theres a form to fill in, have a look at ThBa's recent thread about this -
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3076546

We're thinking of going in July and our passes ran out yesterday so 6 months free would be worth more than the 15% shareholders discount.

would it? I haven't run the numbers but you'll be losing 3 months worth of the renewal period anyway if your APs have expired and you won't be using them again until July.

Another thought: if APs can only be renewed in the park, can one person renew passes for a whole family or does everyone need to be present? I know that APs have photographs but when we got them last year, 2 of my family members who had owned passes a couple of years previously weren't asked to pose for new photos (new photos WERE taken in the end but only because my family asked if they could have updated photos!) :rotfl:

everyone has to be present if you renew in the park - they still need to see you. We didn't get new photos on our most recent APs, just kept the ones which were already on the AP database, but we were offered them, especially as my daughter was a couple of years older by the time she was getting her new one.

Thanks Elaine, yes now that I've worked it out again, there isn't a great deal of difference for us between getting the 6 months free and the 15% discount.

It would work out slightly less per month paying full price and renewing to get the 6 months free (even if we don't go until July) but I don't fancy the idea of trying to renew by post so it seems like using shareholders discount at the park would be easier for us!

Thanks for all your help :goodvibes

I've just read some posts on the forum about buying cheaper APs from cemultivantages and promoparcs.

Is it right that buying Dream APs from them would be cheaper than getting them at the park using shareholders discount?

We would need 3 adult passes.

Is there a guide to using these sites - I couldn't find anything in the 'Useful Info' thread but could very well have been looking in the wrong place! :rolleyes1

cemultiavantages price is currently 155 euros per Dream pass -

http://www.ce-multiavantages.com/260/disneyland.html

you have to pay 20 euros to join the site (its an agency affiliate type thing for DLP and other attractions in France) and then you can buy as many APs as you like from them in a one-year period. You will also have postage to pay for the temporary APs to be sent to you in the UK, which I think is around 6 or 7 euros total.

edited March 2014 - from the end of 2013 cemultiavantages and promoparcs no longer sell APs to anyone who has not got a French residential address.

Is there an annual fee? Sorry if thats a stupid question. Its the words "in a one-year period" that has me wondering.

yes, its 20 euros for one years membership. You don't have to renew your membership though at the end of that year if you don't want to.

I used cemultiavantages this weekend on Elaine's recommendation and it's very easy and they were even answering my emails and helping me at 11.30pm last night, on a Sunday! I wanted to upgrade to Fantasy passes and they facilitated that. Couldn't recommend them more - fantastic.

hi Steve and Elaine, How long before you go do you need to order your AP....and how does CEM compare with the shareholder's discount onsite? Thanks K

hi Steve and Elaine, How long before you go do you need to order your AP....and how does CEM compare with the shareholder's discount onsite? Thanks K

I'd say at least 3 weeks to be safe, cemultiavantages need to process your order then send out your temporary annual passes to you through the post. Don't buy them too early though - as you usually only get 6 months from the time you buy them, to make them into permanent annual passes on your first day at DLP.

CEM v shareholders is entirely dependant on the number of passes you need, which ones, and if you need any passes for children aged under 12.

Thank you Elaine, This year it is only for two of us, next year is a different story :rotfl2:, everybody else in our party has package tickets this year :)
It is my youngest daughter's 21st so I was planning to get us both dream passes as we are both going again next year and it is a special occasion...which would be cheaper CEM or shareholder's ?
Next year it will be renewing our passes and at least 7 other fantasy passes mostly for adults but also one child :goodvibes

K

Thank you Elaine, This year it is only for two of us, next year is a different story :rotfl2:, everybody else in our party has package tickets this year :)
It is my youngest daughter's 21st so I was planning to get us both dream passes as we are both going again next year and it is a special occasion...which would be cheaper CEM or shareholder's ?
Next year it will be renewing our passes and at least 7 other fantasy passes mostly for adults but also one child :goodvibes

K

for just 2 adults, shareholders discount works out just about the same price as the cemultiavantages way of doing it, when you add in the membership fee and postage.

for 3 or more passes, cemultiavantages will be cheaper if they are still doing the same deal, as you only pay for one membership fee and one lot of postage, no matter how many passes you are buying.

Hi, does anybody know if under the current offer of an annual pass for 35 euros for kids, that you have six months to change to a permanent pass? We are going in August and this looks like a brilliant deal. Thank you :)

Hi, does anybody know if under the current offer of an annual pass for 35 euros for kids, that you have six months to change to a permanent pass? We are going in August and this looks like a brilliant deal. Thank you :)

yes, I'd imagine it would be the same situation (these passes have only just been introduced at this price, so if you're in any doubt at all before you buy, email cemultiavantages and ask them :))

Thank you, I have emailed just to check. Had to email in English, I wish I'd paid more attention in French classes at school :)

Ive gotten a response in English from theyre facebook page so you should have no probs :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!