The Amazing Adventures of Flat Ben and Friends: WDW, US, DCL, Mexico & More!

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
This is Ben:

P1000401.jpg

This is Flat Ben:

FlatBen.jpg

This is Ben holding Flat Ben:

BenwithFB.jpg

Ben is 11 years old and he starts 6th grade tomorrow.

Ben really loves Disney World!

He has been fortunate that he has been able to visit Disney World 4/5 times. A quick trip in 2004, which he barely remembers. A trip in 2008 (during Tropical Storm Faye, All Star Music). Trips with two incredible stays at the Beach Club in 2009 and 2010. In 2011, our family ventured to "the Dark Side" hanging out with Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. But even then, we didn't totally ignore the World. We surprised Ben and his brother with an entire day at the Magic Kingdom in the middle of the trip.

So, what about 2012???

My husband and I got away for our first solo trip in March, to Puerto Rico to celebrate our 25th anniversary. In April, the entire family went to Atlantis in the Bahamas for 5 nights. In our school district the 8th Grade class trip is to Disney for the Y.E.S (Youth Education Series) program, and my older son and I had a 4 night trip in June.

Poor Ben desperately wants to return to Disney World. Part of his campaign included this PowerPoint presentation:

Ben's Powerpoint "Top Ten Reasons We Should Go to Disney! This Summer!!!

Well, a trip to Disney World was not in the cards for our family this summer. I have mentioned Ben's desire to return to the World on my trip report and on the Beach Club/Yacht Club FAQ board and a few people have stepped up and have offered to bring "Flat Ben" along on their vacations.

Come on along and follow The Amazing Adventures of Flat Ben and Friends!

Next Up: Flat Ben goes to a Pin Trading Convention with Chaoscent (Penny and DH)

Chapter Links

How Flat Ben Came to Be

Pin Trading with Chaoscent (Penny and Jim)
Sept 1-9, 2012

Saturday and Sunday Sept 1 & 2: Arrival of Flat Ben
Monday Sept 3: Early Morning at MK
Monday Sept 3: Afternoon MK and EP
Tuesday Sept 4: Hanging at HS and the BC resort
Wednesday Sept 5: Animal Kingdom
Thursday Sept 6: Pin Trading with Penny
Friday and Saturday Sept 7 & 8: Last Days of Adventure

Family Trip with cindydare & family, Sept 21-27, Beach Club

Hanging Out with Samantha & Hunter

Kat in GA, Anniversary Trip for F&W "Three Flat Amigos Having Fun in the World"

Introductions: It's a Flat World After All
Thurs Sept. 27 & Fri Sept 28
Sat Sept 29, AoA and AK
Sun Sept 30, Morning in Norway
Sun Sept 30, Afternoon in MK
Mon Oct 1, EPCOT & area
Tues Oct 2, Hollywood Studios
Wed Oct 3, Animal Kingdom
Thurs Oct 4, EPCOT Food & Wine
Fri Oct 5, Magic Kingdom
Flat Kids Meet Teena

Flat Ben's Adventures Continue with pixarmom and her Energetic Boys!

Arrival
Is FB rated for Water Landings and Party Time!

Flat Ben Ventures to Disney AND the Dark Side with AngieNet & Family!

Saturday October 20

At the airport
I'm Loving it! World's Largest Entertainment McDonalds
Evening at the MK

Sunday October 21 On The Dark Side!

A Character meets some Characters
Toon Lagoon
"Welcome to Jurassic Park!" Flat Harry-Ben
Flat in the Hat
"Yer a Wizard, FHB" Part 1
"Yer a Wizard, FHB" Part 2

Monday October 22

Universal Studios, Part 1 "Flat Ben's Got Character(s)
Universal Studios,Part 2 "Flat Ben Gets his Ride On at US"

Tuesday October 23

Hollywood Studios, Part 1
Hollywood Studios, Part 2
One Enchanted Evening- MNSSHP

Wednesday October 24- Animal Kingdom

It's A Jungle Out There!

Thursday October 25- EPCOT

I have seen the Future (World)/Around the World (Showcase)

Friday October 26-Magic Kingdom

Feel Free to Treat Me Like a Prince

All Star Movie, Return Home

Jen, November 2012

A few pictures with Cousin Jen and family

Cruizin' Flat Ben with TeenaS and Katesdad, November 24-December 1

Don't ya wanna take me on a Sea Cruise?

Disney & the Dream with Jenseib and Family, November 2012

AKL, MNSSHP
The Dream
Last Known Sightings

Flat Ben joins StephH and her family, Dec 1-8

Flat Ben with StephH and Family

Flat Ben Goes to Mexico, Feb 16-22

Flat Ben in Mexico

Flat Ben with Hunclemarco, April 2013

Happy Thanksgiving from Flat Ben

Missing!!!

I'm in!

I love that Flat Ben has a pin lanyard.

Ben is too cute, but there is something odd about real Ben holding Flat Ben. If he can hold Flat Ben, why couldn't he take Flat Ben to WDW? (Don't tell real Ben that I asked that question.)

Can't wait to see how his travels go and hear about all of his adventures.

Here is how the idea of Flat Ben developed, on my "Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail" trip report and the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ:

If Ben wants to got to the Dis Pin Meet, I will bring him along? we will be in Disney 9/2 to 9/9.

Ben says he is up for this! I'll have to get working on his flat form. "Flat Ben" can have his own trip report.

Not only that, Flat Ben could live at the Beach Club for a while? I could pass him off to someone coming in after me? He might become the longest resident of the Beach Club, you never know:rolleyes1 Of course, then he will need a trip to visit Flat Ben and say hi.:thumbsup2:

You have my mind going a mile-a-minute! Now I want to make a little lanyard for Flat Ben, and send him with a pin he can trade with others.

I'll have to think about whether it would be possible for Flat Ben to live at the Beach Club. VERY interesting idea!

Flat Ben is most certainly invited to the pin meet. My DH will be glad to meet him. He will also (if Ben wants to go) take him snake & spider hunting as one of his days he is heading out to find some wild life preserve to look for icky critters. We have 4 tarantulas in our basement bathroom (a room I don't use). We will hit all the rides but he will have to be content to ride on old lady rides. I do however love Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania. Does he collect any special pins so we can be proactive in our pin trading :lmao:. Seriously, I will pm you my home address. We leave next Saturday. We are staying off property Saturday night but will arrive at the BCV on Sunday (bright & early). I can leave him at a designated spot so he gets to travel with others after we leave. :banana:
Penny

Penny, got your info! Thanks. I'll get right on it. I planned on sending Flat Ben to you with a small homemade lanyard with one pin. If you are comfortable trading for him, anything would be fine but his favorite things are food, Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Space Ship Earth and dinosaurs. No special pin collections. He has a small, eclectic supply.

OMG, Flat Ben (and real Ben for that matter) would love going hunting for spiders and snakes. We are currently the proud owners of a praying mantis we hatched from a mail-order case and we have to go out hunting for ants, spiders and other bugs daily to feed it because all of the mail order fruit flies we got have been consumed.

If Flat Ben takes after the real thing, he is not a thrill ride junkie, so he will be ok on the milder ones!

I'll let you know if/when I send him out, and whether I have time to get it to your home or to the BC checkin desk. Thanks, again!!!

Told Jim about Flat Ben last night and I told him he would be taking Ben on one of his Icky Things trips. He thought for a moment, looked at me and said, "I can hear it now, Officer, honestly, it's Flat Ben and his Mom knows I have him in the middle of the woods taking pictures of him with bugs and snakes. It's ok, really, I am not wierd, just go on my wife's blog (the boards are my blog) and read all about how her imaginary friends and the kids mother thought it was a good idea". :lmao: He is convinced, for some odd reason, that people he might meet in the middle of the woods would find it odd:confused3 I on the other hand, find it much odder that a grown man is in the middle of the woods looking for icky things?:rolleyes2 Go figure?

So Flat Ben will probably travel with me most of the trip.:goodvibes

I look forward to meeting him. :thumbsup2 However, please be forewarned he will not get a shower every day.

But I do promise to get up and take care of him if he gets sick, no matter what the time. :rotfl2: Seriously, I could have done the same thing. The fact that you agreed to be a chaperone to all those teen age boys is beyond my ken. I was a Brownie Asst Leader for many years and we would do camping trips every year. I was ready to shoot my self and these girls were under 10 and listened fairly well?

Just wanted you to know, as I told Jim last night, I love this TR. The sense of humor, witty comments and the kindness of you and your cyber friends is a delight to read.:worship: Penny

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

OK, Jim has a point there!

You shouldn't worry about the shower thing. You don't want to know "The Showering Habits of 11 year olds"

Fortunately, real Ben does not get sick often, and knock paper, Flat Ben won't give you any late night troubles. Or a paper cut.

Thank you so much for your real upper of a post! :goodvibes

Dee - I am concerned to inform you that my DH is going to take Flat Ben with him when we get a Grey Goose Slushie (whatever they are and wherever they might be:confused3). He is also taking him to the Tequila Bar in Mexico. :scared1: I tried to tell him that Ms. Dee wasn't going to like that, he replied, then we aren't going to tell Ms. Dee. I told him that Max The Horse and my other imaginary friends might see him and report him and he said he was going to take his chances. :rolleyes1 He said that since neither of us swim (more room at SAB for others:thumbsup2) Flat Ben was going to branch out and do other things this trip. I promise to keep him safe and not let him drink anything other than decaf diet tea. :goodvibes

Ms. Dee - I promise I will give you daily updates of your son's antics throughout the park. I will take pictures, but not sure if I can upload them??? Penny:hippie:

OK, so your DH is OK taking him to a bar, but he won't bring him out in the woods to hunt spiders and snakes and other icky creatures???

:rotfl2:

If you are able to email or text (I'll send you the number) the pictures to me I can post them. The one picture I would really love is Flat Ben with Teena. I believe you are planning to say hello to her either Sunday or Monday.

Thanks so much for doing this!!! And have a FANTASTIC trip!!!

Dee

Yeah, what's up with that???? :lmao: I will email you pictures. :hippie: Just printed boarding passes. A21 & A22. Yeahhhhh. Penny
We will look for Teena on both days? what time does she start in the AM? we have ressies at 4:25 at the Plaza.

Well Flat Ben is laminated and ready to travel. Last minute details (my stupid Lime Green Disney Suitcase broke, so waiting for DH to find another suitcase. I have way too many of them, so he will have no trouble finding one). Flat Ben will not be packed (we want him to enjoy the plane ride). I will have Jim take a picture of him on the plane (hopefully we can find a cute girl to hold him) and Dee will post it. LOL:cool1:

Well there was no question that I was definately following along!! Can't wait to hear about his adventures. So glad they were there just in time for Teena's return. :thumbsup2

Saturday September 1 and Sunday September 2:

Fake on a Plane:

FBairport.jpg

Checking in at Beach Club Villas and Meeting Our Favorite CM:

FBTeena.jpg

On the Ferry:

FBferry.jpg

In the MK:

FBMK.jpg

Next Up- Day 2: Morning at MK

I have some FANTASTIC pictures to share with you from earlier today!!!

LOL! Too funny, I will definitely be following along

:welcome: and congratulations for getting here first!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I'm in!

I love that Flat Ben has a pin lanyard.

Ben is too cute, but there is something odd about real Ben holding Flat Ben. If he can hold Flat Ben, why couldn't he take Flat Ben to WDW? (Don't tell real Ben that I asked that question.)

Can't wait to see how his travels go and hear about all of his adventures.

:welcome:

So glad you are here!

:cool1:

The pin lanyard is cute, but really sketchy. I am not crafty, so it is literally held together by the pin. Once the pin is removed, it is just a ribbon! Unless Penny fixed it when she got it.

Well there was no question that I was definately following along!! Can't wait to hear about his adventures. So glad they were there just in time for Teena's return. :thumbsup2

:yay:

Thanks for following along!

OMW!!!!! This is fantastic!! The first few pictures are so great I can't wait to see what adventures await Ben! :woohoo:

I am smiling from Ear to ear! This is SO MUCH FUN!!! Penny, You are doing a great job with the pictures!!!!! Keep it coming gals!

~NM

Yea! for Flat Ben. I hope someone remembered to send him with a ziplock bag. After all you can't tour WDW without your plastic poncho.

OMG this is hilarious-I'm loving every minute of Flat Bens adventures so far (though my children think I'm losing my marbles as I am grinning and laughing at this):rotfl2:

Somehow Flat Ben is so much more life-like than I thought he'd be! Love it, keep up the good work:thumbsup2

OMW!!!!! This is fantastic!! The first few pictures are so great I can't wait to see what adventures await Ben! :woohoo:

Glad you are enjoying it!

:cool1:

I am smiling from Ear to ear! This is SO MUCH FUN!!! Penny, You are doing a great job with the pictures!!!!! Keep it coming gals!

~NM

I'm so happy to help put a smile on your face! Penny and her DH are doing an EXCELLENT job!

:banana::banana::banana:

This is going to be fun!

:welcome: aboard! Glad you are here.

:goodvibes

Yea! for Flat Ben. I hope someone remembered to send him with a ziplock bag. After all you can't tour WDW without your plastic poncho.

:yay:

Great suggestion about the poncho! Although if Flat Ben takes after the rest of the family, it might not come in handy. You will see by the end of my class trip TR.

OMG this is hilarious-I'm loving every minute of Flat Bens adventures so far (though my children think I'm losing my marbles as I am grinning and laughing at this):rotfl2:

Somehow Flat Ben is so much more life-like than I thought he'd be! Love it, keep up the good work:thumbsup2

:woohoo:

Glad we can continue to add some craziness to your life!

Penny and her DH are sure showing FB a great time.

Flat Ben has had an excellent morning so far at MK!

Strolling onto an empty Main Street, USA:

FBchipdalecastle.jpg

FBCastle.jpg

FBGoofy.jpg

Enjoying a delicious breakfast at Crystal Palace with some friends from the Hundred Acre Woods:

FBpiglet.jpg

FBeeyore.jpg

Flat Ben gets small and meets some fairies:

FBtinkerbelle.jpg

FBfairy.jpg

Is it sad that I'm jealous of the travel adventures of a piece of cardboard?

Thanks to everyone involved for bringing us this trip report! :)

How fun I am sitting here laughing and my family want to know what is so funny. I just told them Flat Ben...my DH said what Big Ben? What happened to Big Ben. Man needs a hearing test or maybe I am laughing too much for him to understand. :rotfl:

Angel16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter