SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

The boats are regular, especially at peak times.

Sapphire’s boat can at times have long lines as folks from Aventura and CBay walk over to use the boat too, but it’s never really been an issue for us. We’ve only ever gave up waiting and walked once.......and that was around 7pm.

The stroller won’t be an issue, we’ve seen double strollers on the boats before. Your only issue will be if there are strollers or wheelchairs in line in front of you....space is limited for them as they have to stay in the front where the Captain is. So you may have a wait if it’s really busy. But, I wouldn’t let it put me off staying there.

The boats are regular, especially at peak times.

Sapphire’s boat can at times have long lines as folks from Aventura and CBay walk over to use the boat too, but it’s never really been an issue for us. We’ve only ever gave up waiting and walked once.......and that was around 7pm.

The stroller won’t be an issue, we’ve seen double strollers on the boats before. Your only issue will be if there are strollers or wheelchairs in line in front of you....space is limited for them as they have to stay in the front where the Captain is. So you may have a wait if it’s really busy. But, I wouldn’t let it put me off staying there.

Thanks, I'm really struggling with my decision on where to stay this trip.
I had HRH locked and now that money is becoming a bit of an issue I'm torn.
I don't want to have too many hassles with the two little kids but the extra space at Cabana Bay is very appealing.
We were thinking of just doing cabana bay or Sapphire falls and adding one night at HRH to get the EP's. I wouldn't checkout of the cheaper resort as that's a hassle, I'd just take an overnight bag and stay at HRH for the "experience" and to get easy access to the parks.
we're staying 5 nights but only spending 2 days at the parks so I feel that HRH is a bit of a waste of $ as we are only using the EP's for 2 days but really paying for all of them with the price.

Thanks, I'm really struggling with my decision on where to stay this trip.
I had HRH locked and now that money is becoming a bit of an issue I'm torn.
I don't want to have too many hassles with the two little kids but the extra space at Cabana Bay is very appealing.
We were thinking of just doing cabana bay or Sapphire falls and adding one night at HRH to get the EP's. I wouldn't checkout of the cheaper resort as that's a hassle, I'd just take an overnight bag and stay at HRH for the "experience" and to get easy access to the parks.
we're staying 5 nights but only spending 2 days at the parks so I feel that HRH is a bit of a waste of $ as we are only using the EP's for 2 days but really paying for all of them with the price.

I understand.

That is a dilemma. You’re quite right not to check out of Sapphire......less hassle.......

When are you visiting? If it’s a quieter time you may not need the EP at all......just something to consider and would save you the cost of a night at the HRH. But, if it’s a busy time I can see why you want to do that.

Cabana Bay does have a fabulous bus service, so everyone who stays there says, very convenient. And certainly more space and a good pool.....

Sapphire is a much nicer hotel and the boat is a nicer perk that a bus service.

You certainly have some nice choices in there whatever you decide.

I understand.

That is a dilemma. You’re quite right not to check out of Sapphire......less hassle.......

When are you visiting? If it’s a quieter time you may not need the EP at all......just something to consider and would save you the cost of a night at the HRH. But, if it’s a busy time I can see why you want to do that.

Cabana Bay does have a fabulous bus service, so everyone who stays there says, very convenient. And certainly more space and a good pool.....

Sapphire is a much nicer hotel and the boat is a nicer perk that a bus service.

You certainly have some nice choices in there whatever you decide.
We're going in September. We've been several times in September the last being 2017, we didn't have EP's for that trip and I vowed never to do it again. While lines weren't "that" long, they felt longer because of our kid. Now we have two kids, I just can't do lines if I don't have to, especially when they aren't even riding the rides.
I'll keep stalking the AP rates and just end up going with whatever is cheapest when the time comes I think. At the moment I still have all 5 nights booked with an AP rate at HRH for $1338, hoping that will go down even more.

We're going in September. We've been several times in September the last being 2017, we didn't have EP's for that trip and I vowed never to do it again. While lines weren't "that" long, they felt longer because of our kid. Now we have two kids, I just can't do lines if I don't have to, especially when they aren't even riding the rides.
I'll keep stalking the AP rates and just end up going with whatever is cheapest when the time comes I think. At the moment I still have all 5 nights booked with an AP rate at HRH for $1338, hoping that will go down even more.

I hear you.

We won`t ever be without EP, even in so called quiet times.....EP is worth it`s weight in gold to us...….but some people say they can do without it, which is why I mentioned it as an option. Even without kids we don't want to line up.

Fingers crossed your rate comes down.

Unless a great, last minute AP rate is offered, the family and I will be staying at SF for the first time during the last weekend of September. Based off of Carole's reviews, I'm really looking forward to it! I was concerned about not having EP, but by the time we get there on Saturday, it will be almost time to line up for HHN anyway. I'm not expecting huge lines on Monday. So that really only leaves Sunday. Being able to save the money on a hotel to spend on our first trip to HHN, while still being able to take the boat back and forth - worth it!

Maybe I am overthinking but we are staying at SF over thanksgiving and I wanted something special for the holiday. I saw a "king suite with 2 queen standard view room attached" for about 430/nt so I booked it. Now I see pictures that don't look anything like those on the website, with the king bedroom having no window, and basically just an alcove off the living area. This would make me feel claustrophobic. Now I see "Sapphire suite with 2 queen room attached" for 550. This looks like it would have guaranteed windows in every room. Is it worth the big price difference for a guarantee of a windowed bedroom? How can they get away with king suites that look SO different from the posted floorplan and pictures? It's surprising. (edited to say these are AP rates)

Unless a great, last minute AP rate is offered, the family and I will be staying at SF for the first time during the last weekend of September. Based off of Carole's reviews, I'm really looking forward to it! I was concerned about not having EP, but by the time we get there on Saturday, it will be almost time to line up for HHN anyway. I'm not expecting huge lines on Monday. So that really only leaves Sunday. Being able to save the money on a hotel to spend on our first trip to HHN, while still being able to take the boat back and forth - worth it!
I’m 100% on the same page. @schumigirl has similar tastes in resorts as me :) (I love me a Deluxe and please gimme club level). We are only doing HHN so we really don’t need EP, plus we can get a guaranteed King...and save money... I think I’ve talked myself into changing to Sapphire

I’m 100% on the same page. @schumigirl has similar tastes in resorts as me :) (I love me a Deluxe and please gimme club level). We are only doing HHN so we really don’t need EP, plus we can get a guaranteed King...and save money... I think I’ve talked myself into changing to Sapphire

I hope you enjoy Sapphire too.......although just wanted to check you know Sapphire doesn’t have a Club Lounge......
(I’m sure you do but.....you know) :thumbsup2

It’s appreciated! I’m thinking with the $$$ saved I’ll be spending it at the pool or Strong Water...and of course HHN 👍🏻

Well......sounds like some perfect ways to spend money.......yep, my kinda gal........ :thumbsup2

I extended my stay and booked one night here. It was okay. It’s definitely a family friendly hotel, rather than a business one. The beds were better than what I have experienced at WDW hotels.

Just booked a 2 night stay there. First time there (been to the big a couple of times) . Excited to try it out

Will be staying in late Oct for the first time!
Our 1st trip, we stayed at Portofino, and DH loveeeed it.
Then we tried Royal Pacific - he was very disappointed. I think his standards were too high after Portofino!

No EP from Sapphire, but we have 4 days in the park so I am sure we will manage
And we couldn't justify the extra $1000++ to stay at Portofino just for the EPs

Just booked a king suite for my parents and sister in February. Has anyone been able to get king suite pictures? Are there two separate types of king suite rooms? The picture layout when I booked showed a nice rectangular layout with a very well defined separate king room. TripAdvisor has photos of a triangular layout with the king room being behind pocket doors and very close to the couch. For a few reasons the triangular layout won’t work for them so I’m curious which layout is correct or if there are two layouts and I need to call and request one.

Just booked a king suite for my parents and sister in February. Has anyone been able to get king suite pictures? Are there two separate types of king suite rooms? The picture layout when I booked showed a nice rectangular layout with a very well defined separate king room. TripAdvisor has photos of a triangular layout with the king room being behind pocket doors and very close to the couch. For a few reasons the triangular layout won’t work for them so I’m curious which layout is correct or if there are two layouts and I need to call and request one.
We stayed in a King Suite. It was lovely.

Ours was exactly like this ...

So, looking for honest opinions on Sapphire Falls for family of 5 (kids 15,12,9) who are currently booked at PBH club level. We ran into some vet bills recently and were looking to save $ on our upcoming vacation. Space opened up for our trip on 2/2 @ Sapphire Falls. Saving a ton of money but losing EP and club level breakfast which is huge for 3 out of 5 of us! While saving the $$ is nice and probably the right thing to do it is not breaking us to keep what we have. This is most likely our last trip until the oldest is out of high school because as they grow up it’s just too tough to get away. Looking at buying breakfast and water bottles every day may just break us even. I can’t seem to find a place for a quick breakfast sandwich at SF as we don’t want to waste time @ sit down or buffett , Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sapphire Falls has the Dutch Trading Co for a grab and go style breakfast.

Sapphire is lovely, we stay there on occasions as a change from RP and we love both equally, more or less now.

Perfect for families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!