SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

So excited- booked one day at SF after our RPR stay. Looks like a beautiful resort for half the price of an additional night at RPR. We might spend a lot of time at the resort rather than at the parks. We’ll try and pack in a way that would make it easy to walk over from RPR to SF. I let my son pick between Aventura and SF, and I’m glad he picked SF! The resort and restaurants look amazing.

So happy to hear that......I know you`ll love it!!! Half the price of RPR!!!! Wow that is a good deal...….

It is so much nicer than Aventura....it`s a warm and welcoming hotel, we felt Aventura a bit cold feeling.

Everything about Sapphire we love.....and the pool is such a fun atmosphere too......I know a lot of folks don't like it for some reason, but we did like it.....not sure of your son`s age but the slide may appeal to him.....but the food options we enjoy too, especially Strong Water :thumbsup2

So, yes, like RP it`s an easy resort to spend time in for us too...….::yes::

He’s 22 so I think he’ll like Strongwater better than the pool.. lol. I’m just glad he still like to take a vacation with his mom!!!

He’s 22 so I think he’ll like Strongwater better than the pool.. lol. I’m just glad he still like to take a vacation with his mom!!!

Ah...22.....yes.....so the slide won`t be a priority then...….:rotfl:

I hear you...…

We are so happy Kyle still wants to travel once a year with us...….how much longer, I`m not sure, but we cherish it while we can.....you`ll have a wonderful trip I`m sure...…..:thumbsup2

Yes, they are connected.

You can walk through the buildings easily.......there are elevators if the luggage is large and awkward on the escalators......it’s roughly a ten minute walk from main lobby area to main lobby area.......you can also walk along the outdoor path.......it’s very close......

Or a cab wouldn’t be expensive if you didn’t want to walk......but the walk is easy.

Wow! I didn’t know about the connected part. The one time we went from RPR to SF, we took the outside path alongside the waterway.

Wow! I didn’t know about the connected part. The one time we went from RPR to SF, we took the outside path alongside the waterway.

Yep, they sure are...…

From RP walk past what was Tchoup Chop, turn into the doors into the convention ballroom area and follow the path......you go up a couple of sets of escalators and a few turns, but it`s more or less a straight walk.....and it`s air conditioned...….::yes::

Takes you to behind the Universal store and lobby in Sapphire...…..

Unless an APH rate pops up for a room at RPR (Just Suites at the moment) I will be staying at Sapphire Falls in August. Any room location recommendations for something convenient to the pool?

Thanks!

I wonder if RPR has a map...

There are a few images online.....

It`s quite a compact resort.....some of the corridors can feel long if you are right at the end of one, but everything is off the central lobby area.....

Nothing is very far away from anything...….:thumbsup2

Unless an APH rate pops up for a room at RPR (Just Suites at the moment) I will be staying at Sapphire Falls in August. Any room location recommendations for something convenient to the pool?

Thanks!

Guest House 2 is probably the closest for pool access.

But, again, everything is easily accessed through the central lobby area.....corridors again can be quite long if you are at the furthest end of them...….:thumbsup2

There are a few images online.....

It`s quite a compact resort.....some of the corridors can feel long if you are right at the end of one, but everything is off the central lobby area.....

Nothing is very far away from anything...….:thumbsup2

I wonder though if RPR has a map for finding your way to SF from RPR... if walking...

I wonder though if RPR has a map for finding your way to SF from RPR... if walking...

It is really easy......I haven’t seen an image of the way you can walk......not to say there isn’t one......but it’s signposted along the way and you really can’t go wrong......:thumbsup2

Thank Shumi- one more thing. When staying at a deluxe then moving to a moderate, does it matter if you check into the mod before or after going to the parks regarding the ep from the deluxe? If you check into the mod, you can still use the ep from the deluxe you just checked out of for the day? I hope what I’m trying to ask makes sense lol.

It is really easy......I haven’t seen an image of the way you can walk......not to say there isn’t one......but it’s signposted along the way and you really can’t go wrong......:thumbsup2

I completely agree.

The outside path follows the waterway between RPR and SF. Walk past the Despicable Me Character Breakfast place (where Tchoup Chop used to be), and the doorway to the convention rooms. You’ll see a path that heads towards the waterway. That path is the outside path between the two resorts.

For the inside path, I believe you’ll enter through the convention rooms doorway and go down some corridors to locate it. I haven’t taken the indoor walkway yet and just became aware of it recently thanks to these boards.

Thank Shumi- one more thing. When staying at a deluxe then moving to a moderate, does it matter if you check into the mod before or after going to the parks regarding the ep from the deluxe? If you check into the mod, you can still use the ep from the deluxe you just checked out of for the day? I hope what I’m trying to ask makes sense lol.

No, it does not matter. You keep your room keys when you check out, so just continue showing your deluxe hotel room key to access the EP for the remainder of your checkout day.

Last edited:
I completely agree.

The outside path follows the waterway between RPR and SF. Walk past the Despicable Me Character Breakfast place (where Tchoup Chop used to be), and the doorway to the convention rooms. You’ll see a path that heads towards the waterway. That path is the outside path between the two resorts.

For the inside path, I believe you’ll enter through the convention rooms doorway and go down some corridors to locate it. I haven’t taken the indoor walkway yet and just became aware of it recently thanks to these boards.

No, it does not matter. You keep your room keys when you check out, so just continue showing your deluxe hotel room key to access the EP for the remainder of your checkout day.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hello! Just booked the Kid Suite with an adjoining queen on an APH rate for our group of 6ppl in August :sunny::crazy2::sunny:...Have I read correctly that the kid suites are all in buildings 1 & 2? My reservation says pool view so I am assuming it has to be one of the buildings around the pool. This will be our first time staying at SF. We have previously stayed at CBBR and Adventura, but we found ourselves using the water taxi almost exclusively and we always walk through SF and admire the decor so we booked it this time! The extra bathroom in the connecting queen should be a great addition as well! Now to start planning where to eat! :P

I'm curious about the depth of the pool. Would anyone happen to know? From pictures I realize there are some very shallow areas for kids but what about the rest of the pool? Does it stay fairly shallow (ie, 3' like I just found out the entire pool at Surfside Inn stays at) or deeper?

We are checking in Wednesday. Does anyone know if they charge a certain amount per day for incidentals to the card you place on the room?

There are areas that are deeper.
I'm curious about the depth of the pool. Would anyone happen to know? From pictures I realize there are some very shallow areas for kids but what about the rest of the pool? Does it stay fairly shallow (ie, 3' like I just found out the entire pool at Surfside Inn stays at) or deeper?

soooo, I have a room booked at HRH but we are thinking of changing to Sapphire Falls.
I will be saving $279 by doing this. I'd be booking 5 nights at sapphire Falls and one night at HRH to get the 2 days of EP. I won't be checking out of SF as it's too much hassle with a toddler and infant.

My question is, how regular are the water taxis? I hate having to go on the bus to city walk, it takes too long to walk all the way to the parks especially with the kids.
The main reason I wanted to stay at HRH was ease of access to the restaurants and parks. But the Aussie dollar is so bad, that $279US is around $500 AUD which is a huge chunk of change.

I've stayed at Cabana Bay before and it was great, but I really don't want to "bus it" again.
Also what is it like taking a double stroller on the boat? We have a city mini double that folds.

Both rooms would be 2 Queen, the HRH is 375sq and the SF is 321sq. We are requesting a crib, so the extra space at HRH would be nice, but realistically we won't be in the room for that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!