SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Checked out of this beautiful hotel night before last. We had one night at drury inn,three at the Disney cabins and nine at sapphire. I wanted to address the pet situation. We have two toy poodles that are well behaved. We were in guest house two and very close to the pet park. That area was clean and adequately sized. I felt like the walls were thicker that most hotels because there were several families with pets and didn't hear much. The real surprise was the doggie room service. Now this was a big celebration trip so we don't normally order room service for them. However, for ten dollars they brought a bow wow beef meal that easily fed them for two days and the quality of the beef and vegetables was simply amazing.my oatmeal was eight dollars and wasn't anything special so this just blew me away. Also, I felt the cabana was fairly priced. It was just my husband and I but we had sixteen drinks and a nice fruit platter.it was chilly so they kept us supplied with hot towels.the service they provided and the fact we stayed all day, made the seventy five dollar price worth it .if you are bringing a pet, just watch your bill. They charged us per night but quickly removed the extra charge. I was so disappointed in the Disney cabins s-hot water issue- it was nice to be treated so well at this beautiful resort.

Checked out of this beautiful hotel night before last. We had one night at drury inn,three at the Disney cabins and nine at sapphire. I wanted to address the pet situation. We have two toy poodles that are well behaved. We were in guest house two and very close to the pet park. That area was clean and adequately sized. I felt like the walls were thicker that most hotels because there were several families with pets and didn't hear much. The real surprise was the doggie room service. Now this was a big celebration trip so we don't normally order room service for them. However, for ten dollars they brought a bow wow beef meal that easily fed them for two days and the quality of the beef and vegetables was simply amazing.my oatmeal was eight dollars and wasn't anything special so this just blew me away. Also, I felt the cabana was fairly priced. It was just my husband and I but we had sixteen drinks and a nice fruit platter.it was chilly so they kept us supplied with hot towels.the service they provided and the fact we stayed all day, made the seventy five dollar price worth it .if you are bringing a pet, just watch your bill. They charged us per night but quickly removed the extra charge. I was so disappointed in the Disney cabins s-hot water issue- it was nice to be treated so well at this beautiful resort.

I`ve just seen this post.

How lovely you had such a wonderful stay at Sapphire Falls.

It really is a beautiful hotel and glad to hear they treated you so well......and doggies too!!! We don't get too many folks giving feedback on pet care at the hotels, so Thank you for taking the time to come back and post how good it was.

Glad you had such a good stay!!!

UPDATED CHARACTER BREAKFAST INFO............

Details and link have been added to first post on the new Despicable Me character breakfast starting February 17th 2018..........

Hello everyone! I just booked a four night trip at SF for December. I read through the thread and I just have a few questions that I could not find the answers for.

1. Are there any connecting rooms?
2. Do all the rooms have refrigerators? or just the suites? ( I did see the fee per day, so I that is what confused me.)

Thanks for all the info!

We're heading to SF this weekend. It will be our first time to stay there and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks to all the folks who have posted such great information about this hotel. It is much appreciated!

Hello everyone! I just booked a four night trip at SF for December. I read through the thread and I just have a few questions that I could not find the answers for.

1. Are there any connecting rooms?
2. Do all the rooms have refrigerators? or just the suites? ( I did see the fee per day, so I that is what confused me.)

Thanks for all the info!

They do have connecting rooms, put in a request with your reservation.......

Fridges are in all rooms....no charge.......I`ve updated the info in the first page.......sorry for any confusion for you.......:)

We're heading to SF this weekend. It will be our first time to stay there and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks to all the folks who have posted such great information about this hotel. It is much appreciated!

Hope you have a fabulous trip.......such a beautiful hotel....please come back to the thread and tell us how you enjoyed it......:thumbsup2

We got back from a split Disney/Universal trip on Saturday. The Universal portion was at Sapphire Falls from Monday night to Saturday.

It is a beautiful hotel. We got upgraded to room 3304, which is a water view/park view room. It was also close to the elevator. We spent several nights at Strong Water Tavern on the porch, and had several breakfasts at Amatista.

On Tuesday, the boat dock to Citywalk was empty, but the closer we got to Saturday, the more packed the dock became. There were several times that the security TM had people wait off the dock it was so packed. Fortunately, Universal had 2, sometimes 3, boats running, so the wait wasn’t bad.

All of the TMs we interacted with were excellent.

My wife and I agreed that SF ranks second behind RPR. However, because the lack of EP, we will probably look at staying at the original three first, based upon price. But if those three aren’t available at a reasonable rate, I won’t hesitate booking SF.

patster, I'm so glad you reported back to us what a lovely stay you had at Sapphire Falls.

It really is a beautiful hotel and we are so looking forward to staying there in May....don't plan to do much of the parks if at all.

We adore Strong Water Tavern, have been very impressed with everything there. So it`s always nice to hear how others enjoy it too.

Thanks for taking the time to do a review......appreciate it.......:)

They do have connecting rooms, put in a request with your reservation.......

Fridges are in all rooms....no charge.......I`ve updated the info in the first page.......sorry for any confusion for you.......:)

Hope you have a fabulous trip.......such a beautiful hotel....please come back to the thread and tell us how you enjoyed it......:thumbsup2

Great! Thank you for all the info! I appreciate the time you have put into it.

How are the bar/restaurant options at SF?

We've developed a routine over the past decade, or so, of taking one night to have a few drinks at the RPR Orchid Lounge (we stay at PBH) before having dinner at Tchoup Chop. Now that Tchoup Chop is closing, I was considering replacing Tchoup Chop with Jake's - but with little enthusiasm. Would the SF be a better option for Lounge/Dinner....or do Orchid before heading to SF.... use Strong Water for drinks & Food?

We like the Orchid for a few relaxing drinks and I can take the grandkids outside to walk around the water feature and look at the statues while I have a smoke with my drink. Anything similar for smoking/drinking outside the Strong Water? Also, a few of us are not seafood fans, but manage fine with the 1 or 2 non-seafood options at Tchoup Chop.

Any thoughts?

Instead of Jakes, try Island Dining Room

I found the Mongolian beef entree wowed me

Also the Wok experience evenings are great

Peeps can smoke outside the front of this restaurant
Ashtrays are near the elevator outside

How are the bar/restaurant options at SF?

We've developed a routine over the past decade, or so, of taking one night to have a few drinks at the RPR Orchid Lounge (we stay at PBH) before having dinner at Tchoup Chop. Now that Tchoup Chop is closing, I was considering replacing Tchoup Chop with Jake's - but with little enthusiasm. Would the SF be a better option for Lounge/Dinner....or do Orchid before heading to SF.... use Strong Water for drinks & Food?

We like the Orchid for a few relaxing drinks and I can take the grandkids outside to walk around the water feature and look at the statues while I have a smoke with my drink. Anything similar for smoking/drinking outside the Strong Water? Also, a few of us are not seafood fans, but manage fine with the 1 or 2 non-seafood options at Tchoup Chop.

Any thoughts?

Strong Water has an outdoor patio. People were drinking and smoking on it a couple weeks ago. For food, Strong Water has tapas type food. We really enjoyed the Arroz Con Pollo (rice with chicken). We had a couple of other appetizers (Sopes and Jerk Chicken) that were ok, but not outstanding. Others with our party had other appetizers that they enjoyed. The available deserts (Salted Caramel Toffee and Fig Bread Pudding with Ice Cream, and Tres Leches Cake) were phenomenal.

The layout of the Strong Water patio exists of several tables with chairs, and several couches surrounding coffee tables.

This is a great thread! Information about a newer resort I haven't been to or stayed at yet. Thanks to all who put such great information in one place!

This is a great thread! Information about a newer resort I haven't been to or stayed at yet. Thanks to all who put such great information in one place!

Glad the thread has been a help to you........and Thank You!

I think this is such a beautiful hotel.........although I haven’t stayed there yet, we have visited many times and always love our time there.......

Looking forward to staying there in May though.......

Hi

I'm staying at Sapphire Falls April 17-21 (Sapphire Suite.. very excited). Any recommendations on room request/view request? (water view, pool view, etc). Also, my wife isn't a fan of pets.. are the suites potentially in same space as the pet areas?

Last edited:
Hi

I'm staying at Sapphire Falls April 17-21 (Sapphire Suite.. very excited). Any recommendations on room request/view request? (water view, pool view, etc). Also, my wife isn't a fan of pets.. are the suites potentially in same space as the pet areas?

Have something put on your reservation to say you want to be away from pets. However, you may see some around the resort on occasion.

Pool view or lagoon views are both lovely. And the Sapphire Suite is very pretty........:)

I thought that there were on-site shuttles/cars ready to take folks from the Preferred/Premier hotels to the other hotels. If so, there is no need to pay for a uber/taxi. Just ask one of the attendants to if there is an available shuttle/car to move you.

I thought that there were on-site shuttles/cars ready to take folks from the Preferred/Premier hotels to the other hotels. If so, there is no need to pay for a uber/taxi. Just ask one of the attendants to if there is an available shuttle/car to move you.

Yes there is, but at Sapphire they seem to have less of them available according to some.

Simplest option if they aren’t available is a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter