The adventures of Tiggerdad (A collection of camping locations, mishaps, reviews, alterations, food, and whatever else I can find)

The girl has been resting fine under her new home.
20240215_130351.jpg

Working on cleaning up the brush between it and the lake.
20240215_130423.jpg

I took it last weekend for new tires and gave it a bath.

On the inside we have made the upgrades of a much improved master bedroom mattress.
20240215_125703.jpg

The girls bunks have full sized bedding, but their mattresses were painful. I upgraded them to memory foam 4". Had to cut the corners because the beds are rounded. Here is the old mattress compared.
20240215_123437.jpg

I managed to get the mattress cover off old ones and get them over the memory foam.

20240215_125328.jpg

20240215_125325.jpg

For Valentine's Day this year I got DW and both DDs tickets for a concert. Headed over to Birmingham, AL.

Anybody remember these guys?
20240215_202456.jpg

For those of you who do, yes they ended the show with Africa.

However, they were just the opening act.
20240215_210040.jpg

20240215_223032.jpg

20240215_223029.jpg

20240215_223039.jpg20240215_223040.jpg

Great show. Journey played for solid 2 hours and played all of the best ones. Now I'm more the heavy metal guy, so Journey and ToTo are a few rungs down ladder but they do have some impressive works.

Now, speaking of heavy metal concerts, that's going to be the reason for our first camping trip of year next weekend.

Stick around

For Valentine's Day this year I got DW and both DDs tickets for a concert. Headed over to Birmingham, AL.

Anybody remember these guys?

Yes. Some of us were around in the 70s when the T band formed, @tiggerdad.

The J band you mention, is on what their 3rd lead singer? Bands change members when the band is decades old. I know that with Chicago (my fave). Now only 3 original members (out of 10 guys). I hate thinking that Chicago might end up like Lynard Skynard (sp?) with only 1 original member left some day.

Classic Rock n Roll is a vanishing breed.

Honestly, the late 70s (after disco) was the BEST musical period.

ED

PS - I understand if the ladies in your life like a particular band, you run DEEP down that rabbit hole. I get it.

Last edited:

This weekend we are down in Biloxi, MS for yet another concert. This one back on the metal side of things.

Disturbed!

We are at Gulf Beach RV resort. Here is the setup, in background over the top of the Crusader is tonight's playground, the Gulf Coast Coliseum.20240224_130452.jpg

I really like this campground. Close together but very clean. We have corner site so a little grass for us. From our site you can see the Gulf of Mexico.
20240224_102113.jpg

Large 2-3 acre grass area between campground and Gulf for the dogs or just playing around.

20240224_110059.jpg

20240224_110054.jpg

20240224_104451.jpg

Campground has two separate pools and covered decks for gathering.

20240224_075548.jpg

20240224_073406.jpg

However this particular sitting area is looking toward sunrise. Will certainly have to try for that in the morning.
20240224_104448.jpg

Michael,

That campground looks great being that close to the Gulf. I'm not much of a Disturbed fan (I'm more on the Toto/Journey side), but I'm sure you've seen their version of Sound of Silence. It is pretty good.

j

Last edited:
This weekend we are down in Biloxi, MS for yet another concert. This one back on the metal side of things.

Disturbed!

I have to admit I never heard of them.

And after clicking on @Teamubr's video link, all I can say is "different strokes for different folks".

But I commend you for continuing to make the effort to do family activities. And the campground does look pretty nice (and close to the water).

Ed

Ed, Jim, you haven't lived until you've head banged to songs like Stupify or 10,000 fists in the Air!

Concert was loud, nearly sold out, worth every penny!

20240224_211447.jpg20240224_211744.jpg20240224_211804.jpg20240224_215451.jpg20240224_222624.jpg

Yes, Sound of Silence was performed. However, do you remember Phil Collins song Land of Confusion? It was always a favorite of mine and Disturbed of a cover of it and that's what got me to listening to them. About five songs in last night they played it.

Didn't get sunrise pics this morning. Concert didn't end until near 11 and by time we got showers and wound down it was 2am. I'll definitely be back there again.

Now time to clean camper out and take to dealer for yearly service call so I can keep my warranty for life going.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not embarrassed to say it, I'm with the girls. Journey was always a favorite along with Def Leopard, Loverboy, Foreigner, Molly Hatchet, Bob Segar, The Cars and I finish off with a band that I have seen many times (13 years old was the first time) You wanted the best, you got the best, the hottest band in the world KISS!!!!

OK "friends" go easy on me with the KISS comments.......

edit add on.....still a fan of the original 4. Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter

Major fan of the original Journey. Not so much after. The original singer and guitarist came from the original Santana. In fact the singer is the same one that sang Black Magic Woman.

Fun times! I still remember seeing Distrubed at the 9:30 club in DC before they got signed. First time I saw Godsmack was in a little place called Metro Cafe in DC 3 weeks before they got signed and ended up going to Ozfest and never played a small venue again. Probably been 15 years since I went to see either play.

Fun times! I still remember seeing Distrubed at the 9:30 club in DC before they got signed. First time I saw Godsmack was in a little place called Metro Cafe in DC 3 weeks before they got signed and ended up going to Ozfest and never played a small venue again. Probably been 15 years since I went to see either play.
We should get together at a concert!

the-warning-the-warning-rock-band.gif

A bit older but I saw ELO at the DuPage county fairgrounds (Illinois) before there were known . Had to be about 1970

ELO's music is still current today, @Sweettears . It does NOT seemed aged.

They are an under-appreciated band (well, Jeff Lynne is) but they still get air time.

Bama Ed

I would definitely want to see godsmack

ELO's music is still current today, @Sweettears . It does NOT seemed aged.

They are an under-appreciated band (well, Jeff Lynne is) but they still get air time.

Bama Ed
Totally agree. Still a major fan. Jeff Lynne always wanted to be a beatle. Ever watch the Concert for George. Fantastic show

Totally agree. Still a major fan. Jeff Lynne always wanted to be a beatle. Ever watch the Concert for George. Fantastic show

Love the "behind the scenes" videos of Jeff working with the Beatles on the Anthology songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter