The Adventures of Jane Hat ~ WBTA 2018 | Complete

I’m now addicted to the adventures of Jane Hat and can’t wait for your next update. I just booked the WBTA sailing this Sept. Your tour of Stonehenge looks amazing, especially to see it at sunset, however for us, it’s our first port of call and I’m sure we have to be back on the ship by then. Anxiously awaiting for more.

Is anyone else having problems viewing the photos? In the earlier posts the pics show up just fine but for the latest I have to right click on and open in a separate tab. I have not had this problem before. Any advice would be appreciated. Loving the trip report!

I'm going to try to complete September 8th before our trip at the end of this month. My neck/shoulder kinked weird las week and I'm still trying to get it to heal, so sitting at the computer typing this up for hours is not good for it now.
But, I will have AT LEAST part of the update posted before we leave, if I can't get all of it.
We are going to WDW Jan. 26-30 :)

I’m now addicted to the adventures of Jane Hat and can’t wait for your next update. I just booked the WBTA sailing this Sept. Your tour of Stonehenge looks amazing, especially to see it at sunset, however for us, it’s our first port of call and I’m sure we have to be back on the ship by then. Anxiously awaiting for more.
Awe thank you! I'm glad I can help! Are you able to be in London before the cruise? That would be the only way to do an inner circle tour. Otherwise, if booking the tour through DCL, do it fast because those sold out on our cruise.

Is anyone else having problems viewing the photos? In the earlier posts the pics show up just fine but for the latest I have to right click on and open in a separate tab. I have not had this problem before. Any advice would be appreciated. Loving the trip report!
Oh no, the Stonehenge photos? I did link 2 videos that might be odd with viewing.

Im seeing all the photos :-)
That's good!

Following from Australia, loving your report. Where did u get the Tim Tams? They are a Aussie biscuit
I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

We love Tim Tams! I used to get them before they were available in normal stores, but now, they're even at Walmart.

I was in an accident yesterday evening and I'm ... not in a good headspace. Not sure if I can update before we leave but if I don't, you know why.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 40
Harry Potter & The Ritz
Sept. 8th​

Woke up early … probably around 6:30am so that we have time to have breakfast and get to Euston station, which is a short walk from where we are staying.

When we got to the station, we didn’t realize that we had to stand and look at the screens until our train showed up. I haven’t experience that when I’ve been on trains so, that wasn’t good for my anxiety BUT the train did end up coming.
I mostly slept on the train, but towards the end of the trip, someone kept making a clicking noise that echoed in the compartment. The compartment was mostly empty but there were a few people. The clicking was EXTREMELY annoying, kind of like when someone fidgets with clicking a pen (it wasn’t a pen though). I ended up asking whomever was doing that to please stop. Well, I just asked loud enough so the people in the compartment could hear me. It stopped.

We arrived to Watford Junction, which is the last stop on the route (which does take Oyster cards). One train, pretty easy! Once there, we had to locate the bus stop, which was out the main station doors and kind of across the street.

IeLeKn.jpg

The bus stop kind of lets you know where you’re going

There was a line for the bus, so it was pretty easy to spot. If you look directly the the left of the doors of the station upon exiting, you may see more of the busses but those are the drop off points, NOT boarding.

iLatmZ.jpg

We didn’t wait too long for the bus

We were one of the last people on. You pay for your bus tickets onboard. As we left towards the studio, a video played with the actor that plays Lucious Malfoy explaining a little bit how the tour works.

Once we arrived, there were the windows where you could pick up your tickets OR kiosks. There was no line for the kiosk, so we went there (and many others followed). We didn’t take any photos of the outside because we didn’t want to be late for our tour time.
We lined up for the bag check (inside) and the bags were checked and we were “wanded” (handheld metal detector).

KtiyV1.jpg

Taken right after the security area.
Left to right: Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint

We walked into the main area that has the cafe and shop. In between those to areas was the Triwizard Cup and the actual line to enter the tour. The theme for the time we were there was the Goblet of Fire.

pb8kbR.jpg

It was a big cup.

bsyATv.jpg

Above the waiting/cup area

We took a quick bathroom break since we had a few minutes before our tour actually started. Then we hopped in line. It was pretty funny because someone from the cruise recognized me! She asked if I am Kris, I said “yes” and she said who she was (I didn’t write down the name, I’m sorry!) and that she recognized me because I had on my Tinker Bell Half Marathon (2015) backpack and Rich had on his Minnesota Wild sweatshirt on. She had 1 boy and 2 girls and they were all dressed up for the tour, they were pretty cute.

KRZUnH.jpg

The famous Cupboard Under the Stairs.
This was on display while waiting in line.

LvnI3r.jpg

Another angle

f92Clw.jpg

A picture looking back at the line (we were near the front)

When the doors finally opened, we were gathered into a room where they have one end with doors (that were closed) and they close the doors that you just entered behind you. There were screens on the walls that showed how Harry Potter was chosen to become a movie.

After the short video, the once closed doors now opens to a movie theater area where you can sit down and view the introduction video. The seating is very similar to Philharmagic in Magic Kingdom.
When the introduction video is over you will go to the entrance to the Great Hall! The doors are opened by kids that are celebrating their birthday.

06wbCq.jpg

The guide talking about entering the Great Hall

Alohomora!

6OM57E.jpg

Inside, we were lead to the end of the Hall to see the Goblet demonstration.

The Goblet of Fire worked just as it did in the movie, where blue flames spit out some pieces of paper. There were names on it, I believe they were names of some of the kids in the group (like 2 or 3).
After the demonstration, the doors to the left of the hall opened up and we were invited to do the rest of the tour on our leisure. Most everyone started taking photos inside the hall, including us!

xUPoD8.jpg

The Grey Lady’s costume (Ravenclaw House Ghost)

7un2jT.jpg

Hufflepuff costumes

HK1JFJ.jpg

Slightly blurry picture of one of the sconces that lined the hall

YJ7oM7.jpg

Moaning Myrtle costume

KNzuKh.jpg

Better sconce picture

xxMiz2.jpg

Us!

I was wearing my radish earrings since I’m a huge fan of Luna Lovegood (I’m also a Ravenclaw). Rich is a Hufflepuff.

2nXRp0.jpg

Art on the wall behind the professors’ table

Ejop20.jpg

The professors’ table with costumes

sur0r7.jpg

House points. Looks like Ravenclaw isn’t doing too well …

I8KGzP.jpg

They showed the scene from when Fred and George crossed the age line

Et29QY.jpg

The goblet that did the demonstration. Looking towards where the doors opened up to the rest of the tour

BitbYp.jpg

The Great Hall
(looking back where we entered)

bthDTj.jpg

Last look before going out the side doors

B3SiG2.jpg

Construction of the outside of the Great Hall.
These were the REAL sets!

Up to this point, we’ve had guides and after the Great Hall, we were on our own. Immediately to our left is one of the tapestries from the movies and … well, they all are pretty grim. You never notice it until you see them up close.

E8cjoF.jpg

They are killing a unicorn …

vDN3rX.jpg

Yule Ball costumes (Cho Chang, Hermione, Viktor Krum)

EwVXzC.jpg

Beautiful drink set up from the Yule Ball

jtuA0j.jpg

The drink bottles have little pumpkins on top

8UCJvG.jpg

Ron, Harry and Madam Maxime Yule Ball costumes

36HlQg.jpg

Chocolate dessert props for the Yule Ball

MYD0BN.jpg

More costumes (Luna’s is the yellow on the left!)
Sorry, slightly blurry

~ To Be Continued in Next Post ~

Last edited:
Hope you are ok after your accident! Can't wait to do the HP tour! It looks amazing.

have fun at WDW!!!

Jill in CO

Ugh oh no!! I hope you are ok!
I'm okay, thank you. My car is just really mangled.

I'm so sorry! I hope you're doing okay!!
What a cute bus! We booked this tour in May, I'm so excited to go!
So they change the themeing?
Love all the pictures!
Thank you :) Yes, they change the theme, it seems kind of like how museums have different themes.

Hope you are ok after your accident! Can't wait to do the HP tour! It looks amazing.
have fun at WDW!!!
Jill in CO
I am, thank you. My car just needs to be fixed, which we need to do ourselves.
My WDW trip was so crazy that I'm going to do a (short) TR for it. It was a doozy.

HARRY POTTER & THE RITZ
Part 2​

For the rest of this update, there will most likely just be lots of photos with blurbs until after the Harry Potter Studio Tour. It was a very photo heavy day!

Through the first part of the tour, there was a tour guide group that had some more information of the pieces on display, so we got to hear a few tidbits. But we mostly just did our own thing. We did have to keep an eye on time because of our ‘Afternoon Tea’ in the evening and, towards the end of the tour, the batteries on Rich’s phone were dying.

Enjoy!

hvpti0.jpg

Luna Lovegood’s costumes, including the bell dress!

2VaCR0.jpg

Beauxbaton costume display, showing how the dress and hats were made

hRXYC1.jpg

The HUGE cauldron from

3cFKF4.jpg

qLx1OL.jpg

Looking back at where you first enter.
Above is the model of the roof for the Great Hall

JCoB5q.jpg

The famous moving staircase from the first movie

lrPC47.jpg

Looking up

Zw6jK5.jpg

All of the Proclimations Umbridge created

yl8tMc.jpg

The faucet from the Goblet of Fire, where Harry was figuring out the egg from the first task

XtjRVL.jpg

Weasley bed!

zvduiz.jpg

The Boys Gryffindor Dorm Room (4th year)

libs0E.jpg

Farther back image. Are those Weasleys I see?

ODniaA.jpg

Other side farther back view

Dorm Video

zHu6h9.jpg

The hall set for Leaky Cauldron hallway

azphzV.jpg

All the wands!

xdEemM.jpg

Mirror of Erised. Can you spot us?

ZL3kJZ.jpg

Boggart Snape costume

zdycQN.jpg

More costumes

0vwf8j.jpg

I thought all the costumes were cool

HKnWsA.jpg

The 1st tournament egg etching - close up

WtBAox.jpg

The egg opened

UcXEMT.jpg

Gryffindor Common Room with Year 3 costumes
Left to Right: Hermione, Harry, Ron

KuHmOo.jpg

A view of Pumpkin Juice! I thought it was awesome because I have one from when I visited Universal Studios in Florida

cyVsfk.jpg

Fireplace on the other end of the common room

S8p8uJ.jpg

Opposite side of the common room.

I3y4tv.jpg

The portrait is Minerva Mcgonagall when she was younger

GDwBcA.jpg

The giant clock face

zoxOQN.jpg

Entrance to Dumbledore’s Office

OnI0vT.jpg

Sword of Gryffindor

Last edited:
HARRY POTTER & THE RITZ
Part 3

8CHL2f.jpg

Dumbledore costume in his office

zmfwoK.jpg

Straight on look into the office

Dumbledore Office video

01x4Sp.jpg

The memory vials/storage used for the pensive

swreak.jpg

Close up. Each table is different and hand made

Vials spin Video

SNkldX.jpg

The Pensive. The image changed after a few minutes.
I just happen to catch the swirling vortex

syY7dF.jpg

Swirling vortex

cULMeR.jpg

Sorting Hat

6qBTwN.jpg

A few extra props. I really liked the sign post

RO1O3O.jpg

Mostly plot props

dnTax6.jpg

Close up of a few of the props

eN9WEM.jpg

The actual Goblet of Fire.
It was carved in intricate detail.

xsGIuS.jpg

The back side is uncharted wood (or what is meant to look like wood)

tJB1eE.jpg

A trophy

lDZP7D.jpg

Another trophy, it says:
Herbology Award for mastering Creepy Vines

iOTG41.jpg

Trying to get a photo of Lucius Malfoy’s cane

Oz1x12.jpg

Potions classroom!

Self Stirring Cauldron video

1rtryU.jpg

Close up of the table.
You can see how detailed they got, look at the water stains!

HWHImD.jpg

The center of the classroom

MydlOf.jpg

Other side of the classroom with Snape costume

mmgTbK.jpg

I have no idea who this is, but I liked the portrait.
Particularly the witch flying past the moon

bBnGmM.jpg

Again, not quite sure but it has the Hogwarts Crest and it is well done art

Vnyroe.jpg

Second challenge partial set and Harry costume

2y2gAr.jpg

This was an area that told a bit about the animal actors.
There was a very informative video that talked about them, we sat there for a bit and watched it.

jxCGxP.jpg

Hagrid’s hut and costume

Weasley Kitchen set video

XB10IM.jpg

Brooms

Fwfkkq.jpg

Quidditch chalkboard game plans, I believe

Last edited:
HARRY POTTER & THE RITZ
Part 4

pfraZp.jpg

Some of the quidditch set up

yE1ppL.jpg

Quidditch costumes (Madam Hooch costume in the back there) & props

XlWfz4.jpg

Quidditch Trophy, it reads:
Snitch Snatching Award

p9j3ei.jpg

One of the columns in Hogwarts. I believe this one had the ‘fire’ on top in the movies.

ndCJcH.jpg

Outside of Dumbledore’s office.
To the right, you can see more Quidditch costumes but riding on brooms.
Under that display is where the green screens are to ride your own broom (extra cost)

quOrSe.jpg

Quidditch prop banners

N4Yopw.jpg

Gringotts vault cart

k7cQrr.jpg

Motorcycle!

leVT0G.jpg

Mad-Eye Moody’s broom and flying contraption (underneath)

rrAl5A.jpg

Front of the motorcycle

js61Ec.jpg

Weasley’s car, pre Womping Willow

NhUapC.jpg

Rich in front of the vault door to Slytherin’s chamber (Chamber of Secrets)
He borrowed my shirt for the day lol
Don’t worry, I got him a proper Hufflepuff t-shirt for Yule

KbKLyY.jpg

Huge set area. This is the sculpture in the middle of the Ministry of Magic when it is taken over

5VGedd.jpg

More Ministry of Magic building facades

MczDJE.jpg

Tom Riddle Sr.’s gravestone

JdTNim.jpg

Diagram of the Death Eater meeting set/scene

actHyM.jpg

The actual set/scene with costumes.
Looking from the head of the table (Voldemort’s seat)

GvdcWe.jpg

Looking at the end of the table towards Voldemort

SW5iFj.jpg

Black family tapestry. It was HUGE!

ETPmqt.jpg

Umbridge’s office with costumes

u7XiMk.jpg

Gate entrance to Hogwarts.
In the tour, this was the entry into the Forbidden Forest

yFbtjJ.jpg

Hagrid costume in the Forbidden Forest

04TH7K.jpg

Looking down the pathway from the entrance

WMsbDb.jpg

Candid photo of Rich interacting with the displays

xpFx6d.jpg

Buckbeak!

ZYfGLk.jpg

I see some spider webs …

ejXkOg.jpg

One of Aragog’s family

BQTpz3.jpg

Awe, Aragog is being shy

Aragog video

Just in case anyone has fears of spiders, or just doesn’t want to experience this part of the set, there is a bypass route.

~ To Be Continued in Next Post ~​

Last edited:
HARRY POTTER & THE RITZ
Part 5

aVdgFK.jpg

This is how they made a Patronus. The animals would have this cool vest on them

5j7QEt.jpg

Round the bend and you find yourself at Platform 9 3/4!

0j7Clt.jpg

Ta da! The sign from the wizarding side of the platform

Quick pause in photos to tell a funny story. In the above photo, you can just barely see the stamp presses. Those are to press onto your ‘passport’ you collect at the beginning of the tour. Well, you’re suppose to, we didn’t and had to go back and ask an employee for one. There are these presses in different areas of the tour. Each page has a section where you press, similar to the passports that Epcot uses for festivals, you want to collect each area.
We didn’t feel like doing ALL the areas, so this was the first one we decided to stamp and … well … I ended up stamping through the whole booklet! Hahaha
We put LOTS of force into pressing the stamp and it went through a couple of pages and embossed the front as well! Yeah … that was funny.​

n7c42j.jpg

Luna Lovegood’s trolly/luggage

CLUOQf.jpg

Looking back at the whole set from the front (where the stamp presses were)

7pPtR1.jpg

The Hogwarts Express

OMU1Pd.jpg

::MinnieMo JANE HAT ALERT ::MinnieMo

dIcaOr.jpg

y9uCCi.jpg

Close up of the side emblem

zvCS2C.jpg

AS1nrX.jpg

We got to go inside the Hogwarts Express!

r1HSOk.jpg

I believe this is Year 1

5YjsxZ.jpg

bPeU9Y.jpg

Notice the frost around the window?

8BZ7o2.jpg

WUCvHk.jpg

KSwXQx.jpg

pj6DZm.jpg

With Lavender’s breath drawing on the window

ig3hVL.jpg

av0nnJ.jpg

Looking back from the other end of the platform.

There is a gift shop to the left of the above photo. This gift shop has items that are not in any of the other shops, so if you see anything you like, you’ll want to buy it before you leave this area because you cannot go backwards in the tour.

7QeMyL.jpg

Awesome packages/mail (and some merchandise) inside the gift shop

HpoHhT.jpg

Directly across from the train is this area where you can be filmed in the train compartment with stuff happening outside the window (like a dementor flying by).
Extra cost.

XWQA5o.jpg

End of the train car is the scene from the first movie, when Harry buys at the sweets

huQ7gc.jpg

ENuCgy.jpg

UlH5zo.jpg

Behind the above scene is this; the costumes from the last movie when Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Ron are seeing their kids off at the platform.

kZtu25.jpg

WhOSXf.jpg

qrTlx1.jpg

TonU24.jpg

The above 4 photos are a lot of the graphics that the art department created for the movies

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!