The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

You're being naughty!
She said that too!
:blush
Good information! Thanks! I may not remember it all, but it does give me a sense of how it's laid out. I didn't think it was very far, so she must've either not EVER heard of Disc Cove as a tourist place or just misunderstood. She was very nice, and I did feel a little bit badly for her, but still... no tip.

Good advice! Maybe someday I'll get brave enough to dive under. :)

NO, no... not what I meant! I just know that there are many around these parts that typically don't visit PTRs regularly or care about people's plans beforehand. I do mine KNOWING it'll turn into my TR, so maybe that may entice a few more there. Then again, if you don't want spoilers...
Too hard to try to multi quote on phone...
And my phone keeps acting flaky when trying to type.

I don't expect you to remember, more so me saying it's not that difficult and even if they were new to the area (I'm not even 3 months yet), they should have been able to find it. I can only presume (without being presumptuous) they have google or mapquest or waze at their disposal also.

Clarification on snorkel breathing...
Inhale slow and prevents any water in the snorkel from getting in your lungs
Exhale fast (or more accurately - hard or forcefully) expels any water from the snorkel

Too late. Trying to back pedal now isn't getting it...I already know how you feel.
:lmao:

Universal??
Mmmm, maybe?? If we did a family trip I would consider it. The boys love big coasters and I love Harry Potter. So it might be fun. But I have a REALLY hard time leaving the bubble.

Nevertheless, there was an amazing, beautiful array of colors and shapes against the bright faux corals and rocks below me and the bodies that occasionally crossed my path didn't bother me at all.
Lovely!

I basked under the Florida sun with a breeze blowing over me. There is not much else that is so utterly relaxing. Especially when one has a slushie drink in hand and readily available snacks. I particularly enjoyed the plantain chips, but all kinds of chips, nuts, fruit, granola bars, ice cream, and other snacks were available at several locations throughout the park.
Sounds heavenly!!

padded off over the soft white sand to one of the several lazy river entrances.
Literally one of my favourite things in the world!

The water was warm and the current was just right to give you a gentle push along the tropical waterway. The entire length of the River is just gorgeous with plenty of water features, flowers, hardscaping, etc…. to make for an amazing experience.
Could I just be there right now??? Especially when faced with -18 temps and snow this coming weekend.....I want to run away somewhere warm(er)!

So I found a small alcove where there was a snack/drink kiosk nearby, grabbed a glass of decidedly mediocre wine, found a bench submerged in the water, and plopped the aforementioned lazy carcass down on it. I put my head back and closed my eyes. Do I paint a nice picture?
Better than nice.....a perfect picture!

I swear I'm still here!! My classes this semester all seem to be soo front-loaded (or at least I hope so, because if it stays this way all term or gets worse I will absolutely lose my mind!!) and I have no time to breathe. We have full days from Monday to Wednesday, and then most people have most of Thursday/Friday to catch up, work on assignments, do readings, etc. But my particular practicum placement is also running two days a week right now on Thursday/Friday most weeks! Running around a little like a chicken with my head cut off these dayss...... :scared1: On the upside though, my practicum placement right now is in a long-term care facility, and we're working with residents with dementia, Parkinson's, and MS, and so far it's been absolutely fascinating!! I've also learned a very large amount in a very short time about the climate around long term care here in Nova Scotia, and it's terrifying the state of the system right now. If you google in the news section something along the lines of "Halifax Nova Scotia long term care," it doesn't paint a pretty picture. Due to a sad event last year, there has been an effort to make changes to improve resident safety and health, but so far it doesn't look like it'll be nearly enough! Not to mention that SLPs aren't funded to work in LTC in Nova Scotia like they are most places in the USA, even though improved communication and participation of residents has all kinds of benefits, with anything from being able to indicate they're pain and prevent something like a bedsore from becoming dangerously infected, or minimizing agitated outbursts and lightening the load on staff, etc. I've been quickly becoming equal parts excited and angry about the whole experience.

Gliding beneath me were rays, sharks, a huge variety of tropical fish, and the occasional humanoid. But, as warm as the water was, I did explore in chunks. Each time I took a little breather (yes, I do know how to use a snorkel and was breathing in the water too) I basked under the Florida sun with a breeze blowing over me. There is not much else that is so utterly relaxing. Especially when one has a slushie drink in hand and readily available snacks.

This sounds like absolute paradise. I wish I were there right now.

I particularly enjoyed the plantain chips, but all kinds of chips, nuts, fruit, granola bars, ice cream, and other snacks were available at several locations throughout the park.

Yes!! While I thought the actual meals were just okay, I found the snack selection and quality to be more than satisfactory :goodvibes

P1040766-L.jpg

Beautiful :goodvibes:lovestruc You got some really great underwater shots.

I found these two planning a bust out and distinctly heard them using the Orca dialect. I hope they make it.

:lovestruc:goodvibes:laughing:

Fish are friends, unless they are lunch. Speaking of which, well… this happened. Oopsies.

:rotfl: Oops!!

Absolutely gorgeous. I already feel my blood pressure dropping a little just looking at it. ...actually, my BP runs low anyway...but my stress levels are definitely decreasing!

It was bliss! Easily, this was my favorite part of my day. All of my cares were gone, I could truly relax and find peace and solitude. Ahhh…..

:lovestruc That's so wonderful! I can absolutely see why this was the best part of the day. It's beautiful. So serene and replenishing.

The barrier to keep the birds in is a waterfall that is pretty awesome. Disney, apparently, does not have a corner on the backside-of-water market.

:laughing:

After that, they bilked me for a little more when I bought a pin for my collection in the gift shop.

Oh, I like this! Good purchase.

Not to over simplify, but something I've helped many folks with. The key to snorkeling...

Inhale slowly, exhale fast!
If you do have any water in the snorkel, doing both keeps it out of your lungs.

Good tip! That makes sense. As someone who has a specialized skill set in preventing aspiration, I'm a huge fan of keeping foreign material out of the lungs!

Here and I can say for now all caught up!!!

They assure me it's all fixed now and I should have my AP linked to the correct account.

If I show up to CSR in May and there are issues, I'm going to be one very unhappy AP Holder.

The moral of the story is m
aking pie is easier and less time consuming than buying a Disney AP, and it shouldn't take 7 hours of my time to buy a $900 Disney item. :sad2:

Sounds like you tested the system, and found the limitations it has. I hope fr you that you have no surprises on your next trip. Well at least none that involve your AP.

That sure sounded fun!!! I think there are more than a few of "us" who've seen a drastic reduction in free time lately. Still good we can connect as we can though. I love your idea a lot and may employ it myself for my May trip. I likey!

Oh Heck yeah! Add me to that group. Caught up for now and hopefully with some changes I have made and some still to be made I will find out what "free time" is and be able to use it as that and not as what else is on fire and needs putting out.

So… I’m sauntering along and wind up behind the Dawa Bar and the Tusker House. You know… that back entrance that you can use to dine and dash in case you maxed out your credit card on a couple of postcards and Tylenol in the resort gift shop.

tusker-house-restaurant-gallery16.jpg

Lovely area, isn't it? Best bathrooms in the park. Seriously. And I had NO idea they were even there!

I do not think I have ever been in those bathrooms. Ones on the other side of theater, yes but those ones..... Will need to correct that next trip.

For the record, I have no idea to this day why I'd get my first ever, and only to date, bloody noses then. Animal Kingdom was changed forever on Oct. 5, 2018. Coincidentally, and ironically, NO LIE, as I came out of the bathroom, I saw one of these:

maxresdefault-324x160.jpg

Not. Even. Kidding. Mounted on the wall, right by the bathroom.

HOW crazy!!!???!!! Not only to spring a nose bleed but a massive one and have it be your first one. Glad it eventually subsided but sorry you had that happen.

I have had periods in my life when I was not able to be a daily poster and the nice thing about the Dis is that we will always be here. Also prayers for you :hug: as you get use to your new normal.

Hey I am struggling for dropping every couple of months.

Yep, you are. And that you mention Jordy, proves it! LOL!! That takes us back to about 2008 or so. :D

I miss that old crowd with Tim (that'snice), Brook, Cherie (winkers), Camille, Kathy and the others. Glennbo and you are possibly the only original readers I still have from "the old days", pre- Steppe.

Hey - I am reading, I am reading. :teeth:

I’m missing a lot of my posters! Where are you?! Roll call time; post and say hello!
Here!!! Can I have a bathroom pass? :wave:

:scared: I'd think you would've been more scared if your driver was on the sketchy side.

::yes:: Having gone through some education on Human Trafficking, I an now looking at thing with a more cautious eye.

Life's given me a lot of ups and downs since 2007 when I joined the DIS, and friends have always been there. Nice to be able to have a place to come to to share.

Totally Agree.

Discovery cove sounds heavenly. Loving the scavenger hunts results and generally having time to "lose" myself in your writing and pictures. Remember I am always here for you :hug:

Hey All...

Had hoped to give shout outs and replies before this but sorta ended up in San Francisco with the fangirliest fangirl that ever breathed. Brought my youngest here for a KPop concert and some R and R. Been up since 4:00AM two days in a row now and cannot even describe the level of sleepy going on.

If there’s any downtime in the weekend mix I’ll check in. But.... Disney Family Museum here I come!

Last edited:
Hey All...

Had hoped to give shout outs and replies before this but sorta ended up in San Francisco with the fangirliest fangirl that ever breathed. Brought my youngest here for a KPop concert and some R and R. Been up since 4:00AM two days in a row now and cannot even describe the level of sleepy going on.

If there’s any downtime in theweekend mix I’ll check in. But.... Disney Family Museum here wecome!

Have fun at the concert and enjoy the museum!
And get some rest!

Enjoy your concert! Sleep is for the weak! Keep telling yourself that. It helps. Really!

I'm snowed in and work was closed so happy as a cat with a ball of yarn!

Enjoy your concert! Sleep is for the weak! Keep telling yourself that. It helps. Really!

I'm snowed in and work was closed so happy as a cat with a ball of yarn!
I had a friend once (yep only once) that said...

Sleep is just a poor substitute for sufficient amounts of caffeine.

I don't agree, but thought it was funny.

Flying home from a delightful weekend.

Cant wait to share it all!

Love you all!
Glad you had a great weekend. Hope you got some rest. Can't wait to have it shared. Again...just because I may not reply often does NOT mean I'm not following and enjoying.

Nor is mine. Pay $50 for a few photos or $150 for camera repair? (Or more if it gets... "borrowed".)

Then a $200 day turns into a $1000 day.

Niiiice! San Francisco is on my bucket list. I've wanted to go there for literally decades. Maybe someday I'll fulfill the entirety of that particular list. Which is to hop in a car (or on a bike) in BC and drive down the coast.
Have fun with your DD! School trip? Band? Or cheerleading? Or???

There are parts that will be positively amazing... others a bit boring. Or tedious. I've driven a fair bit of all of it, and would do it again.

She bought a ticket to a KPop concert- a group called Winner. She really enjoyed herself quite a bit. :)

She said that too!
:blush:

::yes::

Too hard to try to multi quote on phone...
And my phone keeps acting flaky when trying to type.

Yes, it is!!! Seriously there is no way to multi with a phone so, as I'm sure it is for you, I wait until I can spend a good chunk of uninterrupted time on my laptop. That only seems to be on weekends anymore.

I don't expect you to remember, more so me saying it's not that difficult and even if they were new to the area (I'm not even 3 months yet), they should have been able to find it. I can only presume (without being presumptuous) they have google or mapquest or waze at their disposal also.

Agreed! And yes, they do. She just plugged in the wrong place/address. Perhaps unfamiliar with the place?

Clarification on snorkel breathing...
Inhale slow and prevents any water in the snorkel from getting in your lungs
Exhale fast (or more accurately - hard or forcefully) expels any water from the snorkel

Got it! If I get out snorkeling again, I will take your advice. :)

Too late. Trying to back pedal now isn't getting it...I already know how you feel.
:lmao:

Well poop. ;)

Mmmm, maybe?? If we did a family trip I would consider it. The boys love big coasters and I love Harry Potter. So it might be fun. But I have a REALLY hard time leaving the bubble.

I do/did too until very recently. Perhaps getting to go a bit more often now has helped get me off to fresh pastures??

Sounds heavenly!!

:cloud9:

Literally one of my favourite things in the world!

Right?!

Could I just be there right now??? Especially when faced with -18 temps and snow this coming weekend.....I want to run away somewhere warm(er)!

Me too!! Winter is starting to really suck.

Better than nice.....a perfect picture!

Indeed! Makes me want to be there right now!

I swear I'm still here!! My classes this semester all seem to be soo front-loaded (or at least I hope so, because if it stays this way all term or gets worse I will absolutely lose my mind!!) and I have no time to breathe. We have full days from Monday to Wednesday, and then most people have most of Thursday/Friday to catch up, work on assignments, do readings, etc. But my particular practicum placement is also running two days a week right now on Thursday/Friday most weeks! Running around a little like a chicken with my head cut off these dayss...... :scared1:

That sounds brutal...

and just like Nursing School. PTSD is a real thing.

So... breathe a little and know it will pass. You'll get there and it'll all be ok!

On the upside though, my practicum placement right now is in a long-term care facility, and we're working with residents with dementia, Parkinson's, and MS, and so far it's been absolutely fascinating!! I've also learned a very large amount in a very short time about the climate around long term care here in Nova Scotia, and it's terrifying the state of the system right now. If you google in the news section something along the lines of "Halifax Nova Scotia long term care," it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

I worked in LTC for a couple of years. It was hard and heartbreaking and yet extremely rewarding as well. I know that in the States LTC is the most regulated healthcare sector and makes for some tough situations. Two sides to the coin for sure. Some regs were so ludicrous it actually seemed to hurt the pts.

Sounds like the SLPs can make a big difference though!

If you google in the news section something along the lines of "Halifax Nova Scotia long term care," it doesn't paint a pretty picture. Due to a sad event last year, there has been an effort to make changes to improve resident safety and health, but so far it doesn't look like it'll be nearly enough! Not to mention that SLPs aren't funded to work in LTC in Nova Scotia like they are most places in the USA, even though improved communication and participation of residents has all kinds of benefits, with anything from being able to indicate they're pain and prevent something like a bedsore from becoming dangerously infected, or minimizing agitated outbursts and lightening the load on staff, etc. I've been quickly becoming equal parts excited and angry about the whole experience.

Definitely a huge need and makes me sad they aren't funded a bit. Sadly, I've seen every single one of those situations even WITH an SLP. :(

This sounds like absolute paradise. I wish I were there right now.

Let's go!

Yes!! While I thought the actual meals were just okay, I found the snack selection and quality to be more than satisfactory :goodvibes

I did too. Especially the ice cream and plantain chips. ;)

Beautiful :goodvibes:lovestruc You got some really great underwater shots.

Thanks!

Hopefully Uncle Joe won't be missed too terribly much.

Absolutely gorgeous. I already feel my blood pressure dropping a little just looking at it. ...actually, my BP runs low anyway...but my stress levels are definitely decreasing!

By May Imma gonna need a bit more stress relief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter